Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and sometimes I go through severe pain in my upper abdominal. What can be the possible reason for that and how can it be controlled?
I am suffering from acidity and gas problem from last 3 months. Whenever I eat anything, acidity started. What should I do? Thanks.
I am suffering from ulcers from last 1 week and I don't have any stomach related problems. So kindly suggest me some solution.
Dear Doctor I have acidity problem from last 10 years I taking tablets everyday morning before breakfast, I am absolutely fine when I take pantocid tablets, will it have any side effects in future, I am taking razo 10 or nexpro 40 which is advised by doctor. In between I was trying to stop the medicine and started with some homeopath medicine which never helped and went worse, I was not able to take any food I was feeling like pricking and burning and something comes and blocks in my throat, I am worried now my endoscope and colonoscopy reports were normal. Please suggest me can I continue with the pantocid tablets
Kindly explain KUB (USG) comments for Bladder `Devoid of Abnormal trabeculotions' Any abnormalities in Bladder?
My wife 24 yrs old & she is suffering from ulcerative colitis from last 8 months. She is having bloody stool daily 4-5 times. Even no effects of homeopathy frm last 6 months. Please suggest.
I am suffering from dengue and affected from food poisoning and now sometime there is a pain in my testes which may create problem during midnight sex.
Sir, yesternight I saw blood coming from my anus when I was in toilet .it has happened to me for the first time ever. My friend advised me to wait before consulting any doctor so I have not consulted any doctor yet. I think it may be due to have fried chilli in extra amount . Also I had panipuri (type of fast dish in India) which was really spicy. So my friend said to wait me for this .so what should I do. I should wait or go to a doctor because it has happened to me first time only. I have never seen such type of blood coming out of my anus . Also i'm feeling weak due to bleeding. When it happened then I was in the condition that I would vomit but I could not .so sir kindly provide sufficient answer that I could survive. I really fear whenever I see blood . Thank you sir.
I am suffering from gerd, am taking mrng sompraz 40 & kinpride 3 times before food. Suddenly am feeling chest pain and severe left abdomen pain. Heart shows normal. But pain cant barable. Wat may be the reason. Kindly suggest for any diagnosis and treatment. Is gerd is cureable. Please help me for solution.
Hello, I am felling pain in left as well as right of my lower abdomen sometimes it pain in back of abdomen too. The left and right lower abdomen pain like hell sometime. I had my period on 5th of sep on this month. And previous months (August) I didn't gt my period, may be because I was under going medication of allergic asthma. Now from last 10-15 days I am felling this pain. Previous I never gt any pain like this.
I am 21 years old. From last two years I am having lump type something near my anus hole. It hardly pain for 4-5 times in two years. When I wash my ass the lump almost got flat. But after sometime it rise up. I am not having any type of problem with that but still I am curious to know what it is.
Im (48) I had fissure surgery 2ys ago. Ek saal se mujhe burning sensation hai after stool in rectum. Bhut medicine le. Pgi chd se check karaya. Toh doctor ke kaha minor plies hai. Uske liye sclerotherpy ka treatment kiya 6 weeks ho gaye hai. Crema gal aur lox2%gel use ki hai. Isbgol daily 2 time le rahi hu. Simple khana le rahi hu .kali mirch leti hu. Green vegetables le rahi hu. 10glass pani le rahi hu. Sab kuch kar liya per burning after stool. Theek nahi hui. Ager ek motion se jyada aaye toh burning bhi badd jati hai. Pura din burning rahti hai. Ek saal ho gaya hai kabhi burning itne baad jati hai ki raat ko sona tough ho jatahai. Mera treatment Pgi chandigarh se ho raha hai mujhe acid reflux ki problem bhi hai uska treatment bhi PGI se le rahi hu. Two time khali pat medicine leti hu .anar &apple ki smoothy leti hu. please suggest reason kya ha. Main kab theek hogi meri life upset ho gaye hai.
I am suffering from chronic stomach problem from long period by which some gasses are formed in my stomach and panic latrine was occurred three to four times in a day, acidity also formation , and lower stomach is observed some pain. Please give some remedy for it.
Hello. I am Male when am going to motion. It's bleeding, from one week. I did not consult any doctor still. Is there any precautions.
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually caused by inflammation or bacteria in the urinary tract. Pregnant mothers are most susceptible to this infection, especially after the sixth week and before the twenty fourth week of pregnancy. This usually happens due to the alterations that take place in the urinary tract during pregnancy.
Also, a growing uterus can block the urine drainage from this part of the body, leading to the accumulation of bacteria which causes infection. The symptoms are uncomfortable and even painful. These include pain and burning sensation, frequent urination, fever and chills. So how can you prevent UTI during pregnancy? we have a few tips for you!
- Hydration: The best thing you can do to both prevent and treat a urinary tract infection is to start drinking at least six to eight glasses of water in a day. Another good way to prevent and treat UTIs is with the help of cranberry juice which has powerful antioxidants that flush toxins out of your system effectively. You will, however, need to ensure that the cranberry juice is fresh and natural, without any sweeteners.
- Hygiene: Keeping yourself clean is one of the most important ways in which you can avoid UTI. It is best to clean from front to back, rather than the other way, so that you drive away bacteria and dirt. Also, make sure that you wash your private parts with warm water infused with a few drops of normal liquid antibacterial, so that you can be sure that the bacteria do not get a chance to thrive and affect your system. Also, remember to use soaps, washes and creams that have a mild formula, rather than a harsh chemical concoction. Hygiene for this area of the body includes keeping it dry.
- Diet: Your diet should have plenty of fluids and lemons or other citrus food that are rich in vitamin c, as this is a good vitamin to keep bacteria at bay. Also, you should eliminate sweet and refined products to ensure that you do not contract UTI. Other foods to avoid include caffeine and alcohol.
- Clothing: Wear airy and cotton based undergarments that are breathable and have a soft texture. This non abrasive type clothing can also help in keeping the area dry, so that bacteria does not get a chance to develop, as they typically need a damp environment for growth. Change your undergarments twice a day, if need be, and avoid wearing trousers and shorts that are too tight.
These tips and many others including urinating as soon as the urge sets in, can help in fighting the risk of contracting UTI during pregnancy.
I have a desk job since an year, there was blood in stool few months back and little pain .now there is no blood or pain, but side of the anal hole seems to be little bulgy. What should I do? Please suggest me a lifestyle method to get rid of piles.
Think you may be constipated? For somewhere in the range of, a bowel development each other day is totally ordinary (however, Ayurveda would at present prescribe a few methodologies to expand consistency). For others, only one day without a bowel development is a certain indication of clogging. Likewise with most things in Ayurveda, the setting of every person (and his or her experience of the circumstance) is significantly more critical than any one-size-fits-all meaning of what is healthy or typical.
The Ayurvedic Perspective
As indicated by Ayurveda, blockage happens when vata's cool and dry qualities irritate the colon, repressing its appropriate working. The remedy is to include warmth, oil, and hydration to the framework with a specific end goal to counter the overabundance vata. The accompanying procedures particularly counter vata's cool and dry qualities and can be exceptionally useful in supporting the arrival of ordinary bowel movements.
- Drink Lots of Warm or Hot Water and Herbal Tea: Drink no less than 80 ounce of water or natural tea every day. Warm and hot liquids are best since they adjust vata's frosty quality. It's additionally imperative to drink the larger part of these liquids far from dinner, no less than 20 minutes prior, or 1 hour in the wake of eating.
- Expand the Quantity of Organic Oils in Your Diet: Top notch oils grease up the tissues so that a fitting measure of oil or fat can stay in the stool. While most oils are for the most part steady, the best oils for vata are sesame oil, ghee and olive oil.
- Eat Plenty of Fruit: Natural product is hydrating, sinewy and for the most part assuaging to vata. Particularly strong decisions incorporate ready bananas, peeled apples, drenched raisins, doused prunes, and peaches. Be certain to eat the organic product no less than one hour before or after different sustenance and bite them altogether to get the most extreme advantage.
- Drink Some Fruit Juice: Pineapple squeeze and prune juice are especially viable at moving abundance vata in the colon. It is likewise fine to warm or weaken natural product juices with water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.