Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh PatelYour feedback matters!
I have acid reflux problem from last 6 months. Since then I have problem in breathing when I do squats and any other workout which create pressure on my stomach. I have done my heart check up it's completely ok. I am not able to understand what is the exact reason behind this.
I am 33 year old I am getting sever pain sometime while passing stool I am feeling difficult sit even it last for 5 to 6 days. please help.
I am 25 years old, There has been problem of bleeding while latrine since 6 months and even my latrine is not regular, and today also blooded cough came from my mouth. So what is your option.
My wife age 32 years have a problem related to gastro. On 6th dec. 2016 she is suffering from loose motion. She is recovered after proper medicine namely cefixime ofloxacin. On 10th of dec. She is again suffering from loose motion. When she eat she goes to toilet where she gives out stool. The doctor prescribed her Oflox-OZ and omeprazole and suggested for ultrasound and other blood tests. Further the doctor said that endoscopy may be preformed. Sir please. Suggest.
I am a 25 year old female. I am suffering from severe pain on the left side of my ribs, near the upper abdominical region. The pain worsens while breathing in. The first breath hurts the most. Lying on my left side is painful, and stats hurting my shoulders and back slightly. I experience pain both breathing in and out. In march (earlier this year) I developed a sevre cough which last me for about 4-5 weeks and then disappeared. After that I even had a bout of severe gastritis and bloating. Finally, I went to an area at a high elevation (which was extremely cold as well) and towards the end developed severe back pain which affected my breathing. Now the only pain remaining is in the upper abdominal region under the ribs, on the left side. Please help.
He is suffering from severe pain on left abdomen from yese onwards. We don't know the reason. Can you tell me the reason for such a pain?
My mother has pain and it remains in the left portion of the abdomen, some times it is unbearable. I have shown her to a doctor recently who said for these reports like blood report, ultrasound, x ray and endoscopy. There are ulcer in the endoscopy report and also falciparum malaria comes out. She has taken 7 days dose of the doctor and not much improvement takes place.
I have problem of farting. Everyday In morning I don't get my stomach empty properly. I am eating small quantity in every 2-3 hours but still not able to get waste out of my body properly and due to which whole day I feel gas in stomach.
I suffer sometimes from pain in between lower abdomen and left leg joint and sometimes back neck pain. This is causing from almost four years.
I am suffering for my digest system. I have to go toilet if I eat anything. I have to go toilet 4 to 5 times a day. I face this problem in my pregnancy. Now it is third year for my problem I am so depressed pls help me nd I take mdcn and consult best doctors. My all reports are normal nd now m not take any mdcn.
How to know your a heart is weak or it can cause heart attacks I have right side chest pr left chest pain quickly & severely come & goes can it cause for gas or stress? Or can chronic stress cause chest pain?
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have a lot of stomach bloating as if I am expecting since last 9 to 10 years. Can I get some advice on the food and exercise that can avoid this. And the probable mistakes in my lifestyle which could be causing this.
Today blood coming in my stool (Potty) this happen also previous time around one month before. It is serious please tell me.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.