Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Patankar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh PatankarYour feedback matters!
My son is diagnosed for autism and he does not speak yet. He is 4 years old. Can you please let me know the treatment options.
Hi, My wife aged 32 years lost consciousness and collapsed. No injury happened to head Nd any other parts of the body. But she lost her speech. When consulted doctor he prescribed to take a tablet Deplatt 150 mg in the night. Also he recommended to get MRI scan done for brain. Later when we met with mri reports, he recommended to get other three tests. Carotid and Vertebral Doppler, Lipid profile and Echo Cardiogram. Today when we visited the doctor with reports, came to know that the carotid artery is fully blocked and it can not be unblocked. If its partially blocked, it can be cured with a surgery. He advised to continue the deplatt 150 mg and Rosuvas. Need your advise. Thanks,
My husband is fifty years old . He is a civil servant. He also suffers from insomnia in first part of night. What is the remedy and medicines.
Hello sir . Mujhe pichle kuch mahino se hatho me hand tramors ki problem ho rahi hai. Sir please koi solution bataiye.
She is suffering from migraine headache since 5 months please suggest which treatment should I prefer. Is it ayurvedic or allopathy or homeopathy for quick relief.
Met with a two wheeler road accident about a year back, had severe head injury,went under surgery and under medication(Keppra 750 mg) for the past one year and not to stop for another two years, advised not to drive any vehicle and not to travel, restricted movements affects regular routine life and earnings, making me to go under depression and questioning why should I am alive and why I got rescued
Dear sir madam I did sex with a prostitute 3 and half month ago. I have been getting numbness and cramps in leg and hand and tingling and loose stool twice a day. After 10 of the sex .my body is not absorbing food that is malabsorption. Mymajor problem is inflammation in leg and hand joint .pls help is it a sign if hiv. I got tested for hiv rapid after 10 days of sex .it was negative.
From couple of years I got insomniac tendency and I am a late raiser too. As a late raiser it affects my daily life. Its only because of my insomnia, that I could not raise in the morning. What should I do?
When I eat food, I feel too drowsy and act like a zombie. This happens even with low glycemic food such as vegetable salad (no oil) or vegetable juices. It is not psychological and I do not have sleep apnea. I have this problem since childhood. What is my problem?
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS