Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh OzaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am male 30 years, problem is there are couf in my throat, so please explain what I do, what's reason of cauf.
I am 30 years old. I was suffering from salivary glands swelling so doctor prescribed me for antibiotic Advent 625 mg. I was taking this but it was doing some side effects. Like stomach upset, diarrhea, dizziness. Doctor prescribed me for 7 days but it's 6 day and I cannot tolerate this tablet anymore. So should I stopped it or not.
I am 20 years old male suffering from sinus since 2 years, I have used all kind of medicines and currently I'm using homeopathy, I gets headache everyday but only while wakingup in the morning. Can you help me out with this please.
Hello doc. I actually have asthma but now its controlled but from many days. My nose seems like blocked always. Neither I have cold or cough. But its kind of blocked I continuous ly have to dig my nose for proper respiration. Wat could be the problem. N am allergic to dust. But this problem is recent.
My problem is when I am sleeping cuff come from mouth and also store in larynx's and some times smell of pus come from nose. I think its sinus problem please give me proper suggestion.
There is a pain in my neck and I am not feeling sensation on my right side neck behind ear what is the cause and how to cure it.
I have a problem in gas. Everything what I eat becomes sour and my mouth also becomes sour. I cant eat so much. Anything I eat becomes sour and a pain arise in throat from chest. I went to vellore CMC. But nothing changed.
Daily I have to talk and listen to my clients at my office. I use my voice a lot. But at the end of the day I feel pain in my throat. I hydrate throughout the day. Pls tell me what to do to improve my voice box and not to pain. I don't want to take medicine. Visited Dr. many times but didn't see much improvement. Thanks.
I am 25 year old recently I was diagnosed with tinnitus in my left ear although I had no hearing loss this was due to fluid build up in my ear after a week or so I got tinnitus in my right ear as well so got my audiometry done again but still everything normal and now I started experiencing eye floaters I met an ophthalmologist but she said everything is normal but I notice a lot of eye floaters every time I step out in daylight. All this is making me too depressed and I keep worrying about my health.
1) I am 17 years old and a female. I have undergone laser tonsillectomy a week ago on 17. My doctor prescribed me ROMILAST L10 for 30 days. Is it necessary for me to use? 2) he has also advised me not to take ice creams for a life time and if I will not I'll catch the problem again as tonsils grow again. Is it true? If not until how many days should I resist eating ice creams.
My chest is aching from months in the middle I went x ray but nothing three times I did consult doctor but he gives me pain killers , I have habits of chewing tobbaco from 2 years help! I also have some feeling under my ear but doctor said its nothingnothing inside Help.
The answer is unfortunately. Yes!
Meningitis, sometimes referred as spinal meningitis, is an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Usually caused by a viral infection, but it can also be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection.
Among pediatric patients admitted for treatment of sinusitis, 3.2% were found to have an intracranial complication. Infection of the sphenoid sinuses, however, merits concern. These thin-walled sinuses develop late in childhood, and their deep location places them adjacent to the dura mater and other critical structures.
Sphenoid sinusitis is identified in approximately 3% of cases of acute sinusitis, typically in the context of pansinusitis. Significant development of the sphenoid sinuses does not begin until age 4 to 6 years, thus, sphenoid sinusitis is restricted.
Viral infection causes most cases of spinal meningitis. Viral meningitis is usually mild and heals without treatment. Bacterial meningitis is more severe and requires treatment with antibiotics. Streptococcus pneumoniae and neisseria meningitidis are strains of bacteria that cause pneumococcus and meningococcus meningitis respectively.
It can be life threatening condition owing to its proximity to brain and spinal cord and infective media is the fluid surrounding them.
• Lumbur puncture – csf examination (cell count, glucose, proteins) and culture
• Blood culture
• Chest x ray
• CT scan of head and nose – pns
• MRI brain
Symptom checker in meningitis secondary to sinusitis:
• Fever (92%)
• Headache (85%)
• Nausea, vomiting (62%)
• Altered consciousness (31%)
• Seizure (31%)
• Hemiparesis (23%)
• Visual disturbance (23%)
• Meningismus (23%)
Conclusion and quick pearls:
• Complications that are less common with antibiotics
• Orbital (cellulitis, abscess)
• Intracranial (subdural empyema, thrombosis of cavernous sinus)
• Bony osteomyelitis.
• Can result in drastic sequelae
• Drain abscess and open involved sinuses
• Ent surgical involvement – functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Usually amenable with medical treatment
- Drain sinuses if no improvement after 48 hours
• Ophthalmology check up
• Neurosurgery intervention
A low index of suspicion is necessary for early diagnosis and treatment of sphenoid sinusitis, orbital complications and prevention of intracranial complications including meningitis.
Inflammation of the pharynx, the tube that connects back of the mouth to the esophagus results in Sore Throat. Caused by bacterial, viral or fungal infections, allergies or irritants like smoke, pollution or dry air, or sometimes even acid reflux from the stomach via the esophagus, sore throat can be very uncomfortable and painful. If accompanied by fever or swollen tonsils causing blockage of the throat, doctor’s intervention is required, but otherwise you can try these natural remedies to get rid of that downright miserable feeling of Sore Throat:
1. Pain Relief Potion: Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon each of lime juice, apple cider vinegar and honey. Sip it slowly few times a day to get relief from pain.
2. Spicy mix for Total Relief: Drink this spicy tea everyday for a week and get rid of Sore Throat. Add 2 pinch each of cinnamon & black pepper powder to a glass of warm water and drink it. The black pepper relieves pain while cinnamon reduces the production of mucus & eases breathing.
3. Potent pomegranate: Pomegranates can help to reduce the swelling in your throat since they contain astringents that help in contracting tissues. Besides they have anti oxidants that fight infection. Just peel a pomegranate and boil its rind in two glasses of water for 15-20 minutes. Drink this tea to get relief.
4. Beneficial Licorice Root: Licorice has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that help to reduce irritation and swelling of the throat. Take a one inch piece of licorice root and boil in 1 cup of water till reduced to half. Use it to gargle, do it 1-2 times a day to get fast relief.
Salt in warm water gargles are also an all time remedy for Sore throat. You can alternate with Licorice gargles, do it once or twice to ease pain.
5. Power of Turmeric: Add ½ tsp of Turmeric powder to a teaspoon of honey and make a paste. Lick it completely before sleeping but make sure not to drink water after that. You will get rid of your sore throat within three days.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Why blood coming from throat when doing tongue cleaning from two days please say the reason and solution.
I have problem of in my nostrils And whole year I am suffering cold, I also take medicine and some nasal drop but still I am suffering from this problem. Please give me a solution of it?
How To Take Care Of Your Ears?
1) Avoid unnecessary and excessive use of earbuds.
2) Avoid staying too close to a loudspeaker for a longer duration
3) Do not insert sharp or pointed objects in ear for cleaning.
4) Use earplugs while swimming.
5) Listening to music on a headphone at a high volume for a long time can cause deafness.
6) Avoid using otc medication like drops or tablets for ear problems. Always consult a doctor.
7) If you experience sudden hearing loss, take your doctor's appointment as soon as possible.