Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh OjhaYour feedback matters!
My mother (age - 48) fixated with hearing problems since last two years and my younger sister (28) also used ear machine since last 3 year. I have faced hearing problems (especially left ear). Is this is a genetic problem?
Sir I wants to gain knowledge everything and I wants to be a good communicator and I wants a good personality but I have some degree of hearing loss it cause big problem in my conversation then I always behaves like fool and my appearance become so poor in public I always feel frustrating and insecure because of my bad conversation I have hearing loss 23db in right and 21db in left and I cannot recognize my speech properly then I goes to ENT specialist they cannot recommend me hearing aid I spend one year with this problem I lost everything friend ,happiness and good and attractive personality. I always feel frustrated and alone, I do not wants to live like this. I wants a luxary life to me and my family, it is only possible for a person who have good communication skill and have no place for stress but I lost all my quality and I am become a frustration and tension
Take care of your body. Be conscious about what you eat and drink. Learn to listen to your body. Make sure you consume foods that will help your physical, mental and emotional being. You can seek professional guidance. Also, the internet offers a myriad of trusted information. Pray and exercise as well.
Develop meaningful relationships. It is extremely beneficial for you to cultivate three key relationships, one with a person who is older and wiser than you - someone you can trust and enjoy listening to and learning from, then build a friendship with a person of your own age that you can relate to, and also find a mentor that is younger than you to get new perspectives. Having these three types of relationships will provide you with a healthy support system.
Have an attitude of gratitude. Being grateful can have a positive impact in your life and in the life of those around you. There are three areas that benefit you from being grateful: your attitude, health and relationships. Gratitude can help you overcome challenges and suffering. The positive thinking produced by your gratitude has proven health benefits like reducing stress levels, strengthening your immune system, combating depression and it also helps you cope better with adversities in life. Additionally, as humans, we are naturally social and interacting and communicating with others is vital; when you show your genuine gratitude to people you care about, you will create a stronger bond and will thrive together.
Ageing is not the only factor that brings hearing impairment. The causes are many. Certain medications, continuous exposure to loud noise, genetic involvement, injury and some medical conditions may cause hearing loss.
But if you think that you are facing hearing issues, then these symptoms should raise an alarm for you to see an ENT specialist:
- You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
- Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
- You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
- You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
- Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.