Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh L SinghYour feedback matters!
A panic attack is a sudden surge of overwhelming anxiety and fear. Your heart pounds and you can’t breathe. You may even feel like you’re dying or going crazy. Left untreated, panic attacks can lead to panic disorder and other problems. They may even cause you to withdraw from normal activities. But panic attacks can be cured and the sooner you seek help, the better. With treatment, you can reduce or eliminate the symptoms of panic and regain control of your life.
Signs and symptoms of a panic attack-
Panic attacks often strike when you’re away from home, but they can happen anywhere and at any time. You may have one while you’re in a store shopping, walking down the street, driving in your car, or sitting on the couch at home.
The signs and symptoms of a panic attack develop abruptly and usually reach their peak within 10 minutes. Most panic attacks end within 20 to 30 minutes, and they rarely last more than an hour.
A full-blown panic attack includes a combination of the following signs and symptoms:
Shortness of breath or hyperventilation
Heart palpitations or racing heart
Chest pain or discomfort
Trembling or shaking
Feeling unreal or detached from your surroundings
Nausea or upset stomach
Feeling dizzy, light-headed, or faint
Numbness or tingling sensations
Hot or cold flashes
Fear of dying, losing control, or going crazy
Bloating and gas are most commonly caused due to indigestion as well as excessive accumulation of gas in the abdomen region. This can lead to a feeling of tightness and swelling, along with debilitating pain and discomfort, in some extreme cases. The other causes for bloating and gas may include wheat or gluten allergy, irritable bowel syndrome, food that gives rise to flatulence, lactose intolerance as well as severe conditions like acid reflux.
Homeopathy is an age old medical science that seeks to treat these and many other kinds of ailments with the help of its natural medication. However, in order to get the right treatment, it's important to visit the doctor and allow him to examine you properly and prescribe the right combination of medicines. The better the doctor understands your condition and symptoms, the better treatment he can offer.
Bloated abdomen refers to a feeling of fullness, tightness and distension of abdomen. There is also an excessive accumulation of gas in abdomen. Bloated abdomen can be painful, with cramping as well.
The main causes behind bloated abdomen are constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, wheat allergy, taking flatulent (gas-forming) food, overeating, food intolerance like lactose intolerance, and acid reflux (Dyspepsia).
Over-the-counter instant gas-relieving pills and tonics can only provide very temporary relief, the causative agents remain firmly in place. Homeopathic medicines can completely cure bloatedness or bloated abdomen. Made from natural substances and free from any side effects, Homeopathic remedies for bloated abdomen can provide complete recovery by striking at the root of the problem, while ensuring there is no recurrence.
Homeopathic Treatment for Bloating and Gas-
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient in treating bloated abdomen. Sourced from natural substances, Homeopathic remedies are very beneficial in treating cases of bloatedness. Homeopathy provides complete recovery from bloatedness. The Homeopathic treatment for bloated abdomen is also of great help in releasing the wind from abdomen, thereby providing relief to the patient. The pain in the abdomen, burning and other associated symptoms also disappear with the use of natural Homeopathic medicines. Here is a list of some medicines that your homeopath might use to treat gas and bloating-
- Graphites: This is one of the most commonly used and most efficient elements in Homeopathy. Graphites can help in treat abdomen bloating, which is accompanied by constipation on a prolonged basis. When this gas gets obstructed, instead of being allowed to see itself out of the body, the gas gets accumulated and causes a lot of discomfort and pain within the abdomen. Also, when there is an offensive odour in the gas that manages to pass through, one can use this medication.
- Carbo Veg: This is one of the best homeopathic ways of resolving bloating and gas. This medicine is most commonly prescribed when there is belching along with the gas accumulation and bloating. The wind that accumulates in the abdomen may also give rise to breathing difficulties for many patients, in which case such a medicine is known to work wonders.
- Abies Can: This is a natural Homeopathic cure for painful bloating which also comes with heart palpitations. In such cases, the doctor may prescribe this medicine to fight the gas that is busy burning in the abdomen. Other symptoms treated by this medicine include a sudden spike in the appetite as well.
- Magnesium Phos: This medicine can help in treating gas and bloating that becomes colicky and gives rise to a lot of unbearable pain eventually. Also, it can be used for treating a feeling of fullness in the stomach due to the accumulation of gas. Further, the other symptoms treated by this medication include belching and hiccups.
- Raphanus: When the gas obstructs the normal digestive process of the abdomen. This medicine can also be prescribed for successful treatment. It can also be used when the abdomen becomes hard due to the gas, which does not escape as flatulence or even as burps.
- China: This is a Homeopathic medicine that can help in relieving symptoms like fullness, tightness, pain and even heaviness in the abdomen. It helps the patient in passing better motions so that the symptoms may be eliminated.
Homeopathy is an age old medical science that seeks to treat these and many other kinds of ailments with the help of its natural medication. However, in order to get the right treatment, it's important to consult the doctor and allow him to examine you properly and prescribe the right combination of medicines. The better the doctor understands your condition and symptoms, the better treatment he can offer.
I am 30 year's old some time when I take stress then. I feel acidity how I over come from this situation.
My wife has hyperthyroidism from 2 years. She is taking eltroxin150mg. And thyroid is controlled. But she is getting fatter. And giving gastric too. What is the solution?
How the doctor resolve the problem of acidity and I have suffered from this a very long period and I want to over come this problems just a few days.
Sir, As advised by you, I have taken the following medicines one week and I am little ok now from pain and bleeding. What should be taken hereafter to get it cure fully. The parts grown up on the external part of anus is still there as it is, will it be disappear fully if I take further homoeopathic medicine or should I continue with the same medicine. Kindly advise. Regards, Rameshan Acid nitric 200 10drops once daily. Silicea cal sulph 12x each 5 tabs thrice daily.
I have acidity from 4-5 hours. And I take DIGENE. And there is very great pain. Please suggest me any method or medicine so that I can control it
The Ayurvedic body of knowledge relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the root cause of ailments. The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. The entry and accumulation of Ama or toxins can lead to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. As per Ayurveda, the digestive fires or Agni also need to be produced in appropriate amounts.
So how can you understand and take care of your digestive system, the Ayurvedic way? Here's our take on the matter:
- Types of Agni: The digestive system has four kinds of Agni or fire that keeps it in working condition. The Jathar Agni ensures that hydrochloric acid is being produced in the stomach which directly affects the thyroid gland. The Bhuta Agni takes care of the bile acid formation in the liver. The Kloma Agni manages the pancreatic enzymes that help in digesting and absorbing sugar properly. And finally, the Dhatu Agni takes care of the tissue transformation in this entire process and region. A weak state of any of the four Agnis will lead an imbalance and food will not be digested properly.
- Doshas and Agni: As per Ayurvedic science, the state of your Agni and its strength depends on the four Doshas and the one that afflicts your being. In Vata and Kapha Dosha patients, the Agni will be weak which will lead to a 'cold' digestive system where the food will not be digested properly. This can lead to constipation in the long run as well as loose motions and gas. In case there is a Pitta Dosha, the raging fire of Agni will be unbearable, which can lead to acid reflux disease and chronic acidity as well as heartburn.
- Herbs and Spices: The use of herbs and spices while cooking can greatly cool or revive the Angi, depending on your Dosha. Ingesting a sliver of ginger along with lemon juice can help in warming the cold fire of the Agni, along with other aroma releasing spices like cardamom, pepper and licorice. Further, saliva and enzyme secretion can happen with these spices too. Also, these herbs can ensure that your digestion does not work overtime or create excess heat.
- Ama: Using hing to season your meals can also help in better digestion of food and less accumulation of Ama or toxins.
One needs to know the state of the Agni in the body and regulate the diet and routine with proper sleep and food intake patterns, for a well-functioning digestive system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.