Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh GadgilYour feedback matters!
I am 21 and I have 2 inches long beards but whenever I wash my face the beards hair falls, please tell the reason and cure for it. Thank you.
I am an 18 year old boy, my hair was losing very quickly is there any medicine to control these or stop these?
Hello doctor. I was fair when I was born, but now became darker. My skin color keeps fluctuating based on water also. But can't change water. I tried kojic creams. But it just had temporary effects. please tell me about skin brightening treatments. I see many in YouTube but I am afraid that it may damage the skin. Lost many matches bcoz I am dark. please suggest any permanent treatments.
I'm 23 years old boy. I just want to know that is there Any oils or tablets which helps beard growth. On my chicks. please rply.
I am from west Bengal, India. I need to ask a question for my hair fall. I tried so many methods to get read of my hair fall but I was unsuccessful each of the times. My age is just 22 years and am losing my hairs at a great fall rate. Please suggest me something.
My hair falls a lot though I don't have dandruff problem. My hair is very sparse in volume. What should I do to increase the bulk of my hair?
My daughter's age is 18 years. She used to have nice black hair. Now it is reddish and dry. Someone suggested to use vitamin e capsule mixed with coconut oil and apply. Can you suggest me.
My body color is fine tuned. But my face is dark. Is this a diseases or not. And what are the treatment for this. How can I improve my face tune.
I am suffering from skin problem I have pimple on my face and itching on my face pls tell me solve my problems and I have constipation pls solve this.
I got grey hair on chin n chest, can I prevent it or is there any possibility to convert it yo black?
Hello, I want help regarding to beard, I am 19 years old and there is only light mustache and some hairs on chin please suggest me something to simulate beard growth.
I am loosing hair quickly and I have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I 've been having burning sensation in my throat before, during & sometimes after meals. What do I do?
I am 20 yr old boy. I have many pimples coming out like hot boils on my face and if they reduce after some days the black spots are remaining on my face skin which looks awkward. How to remove pimples and dark spots. Any cream? Please suggest.
I am 30 years old, my name is harsha ,now a days my nose skin is getting like black day by day, dono just on nose itself is getting like tat my skin tone is white in colour, dono wat to do.
Mera age 38 years hain aur main jahan pe rehta hoon (above 3 yrs) wha sirf boring/harvest water milta hain. Jisse hum sara kaam main use karte hain including bath, aur sirf pine ke liye mineral water use karte hain. Par roz mere bahut bal jhar rahe hain. I tried lot of products to stop my hair loss. But not succeed. Aur mere wife ke saath bhi yehi problem ho rahi hain. So, please give me suggestion?
I have many pimples on my face please should the problem help me. And my face on dark spots please help me.
Minerals are important constituents that the body needs for proper cellular functioning as every process of the body requires the presence and action of these elements. An imbalance in these essential elements can cause several health problems including hair loss. The various minerals have to be in harmony with one another as too much of a particular mineral can lead to an imbalance in another.
Causes of mineral imbalance
Coming to the causes, several reasons can lead to an imbalance in your mineral levels and these are:
Here are the minerals that your hair need.
1. Calcium - The first mineral that your hair requires is calcium. This vital mineral plays a key role in stimulating the growth of hair follicles. The foods that you can turn to for your daily calcium dose are nuts, almonds, beans, vegetables, etc.
2. Magnesium - Following closely after calcium and one which must be taken together with calcium is magnesium. Without the presence of magnesium, the consumption of calcium can be harmful for the body. Both these elements are used by the body in tandem. So, foods you can have to meet this requirement are cashews, milk, almonds and so on.
3. Potassium - Lack of potassium in your diet can cause you to lose hair as well. Increasing the intake of this mineral helps in removing the buildup of sodium around your hair follicles that interfere with the absorption of nutrients required for strong hair. Potassium can be obtained from bananas, whole grains, almonds, etc.
4. Zinc - Another element that helps in the growth of hair is zinc. This mineral is vital for DNA synthesis of hair follicles, helping them to divide and multiply. Seafood, pumpkin seed, avocado, etc can be good sources of zinc.
5. Iron - Iron deficiency can bring about hair loss. When there isn't adequate iron in your diet, your body consumes ferritin (a protein responsible for storing iron in your body tissues) found in non-essential tissue such as your hair bulbs, resulting in shedding of your hair before it is able to reach its optimal length.
6. Selenium - Inadequate selenium in your body can cause you to suffer from thyroid problems, and subsequently hair loss. Whole grains and broccoli are two selenium-rich food sources that you can take to help your hair to grow properly.
7. Copper - Copper plays a very important role in your hair health. It gives growth, colour and strength to your hair. Sesame seeds and seafood are options that you can take to meet your copper requirement.