Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh DhurjanYour feedback matters!
Don’t like social gatherings? Have you always been the one who avoids family get together? If your answer is affirmative, then you are probably suffering from Avoidant personality disorder (APD). Avoidant personality disorder is a psychological condition wherein, one feels extremely shy. Becoming overly sensitive to rejection and developing feelings of inadequacy are common signs of this disorder. This disorder can lead to problems in your work life and relationships.
With APD, the commonly surfacing symptoms would include disapproval and disregard of situations and people, rejection and embarrassment. It generally gets very difficult for the one to get acquainted with new people and form intimate relationships. One generally ends up misinterpreting people’s comments and criticism thus, feeling angry and frustrated all the more.
The exact cause of APD has not been established yet. It is believed that environmental and genetic factors play a role in this disorder. People who are inherently shy and reserved are usually prone to developing this psychological anomaly.
How do you treat APD?
In order to treat APD, you can opt for the following modes of treatment:
- Psychotherapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a treatment option for APD wherein, the doctor counsels on how to change one’s thinking patterns and thought process, thus, influencing his/her actions.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: Psychodynamic therapy involves you becoming aware of the unconscious thoughts. It helps you figure out how your past experiences frame your behavior. Your past emotional pains can be resolved with this technique so that you can move ahead with your life.
- Medications: Anti-depressant medications used to treat depression and anxiety can be used to treat APD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Persistent or recurrent ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation before, on, or shortly after penetration and before the person wishes it.
It has been difficult to define 'Premature ejaculation' since there is a great variation in the physiology of ejaculation. International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM) has defined (PE) as 'Ejaculation in less than 60 seconds from the start of intercourse.
PE is seen in young men from their first attempt at intercourse. Later they acquire the ability to delay the orgasm after an adequate function. PE can create tension in the relationship. Wife's estimate of the duration of time from the beginning of intercourse until ejaculation , as well as her judgment of whether PE is a problem, can be quite misleading. PE can create tension in the relationship.
Patients may misinterpret secretion from bulbourethral glands as semen and label himself suffering from P.E. Some may see prolonged period of intercourse in blue films and feel it as standard. Some may think that anything short of the ability to prolong till wife's orgasm is PE. Some think duration mentioned by a friend is normal.
Patient tries their own way to prolong the period by diverting attention, pinching self, using a condom during the intercourse, drinking alcohol or masturbating prior to intercourse. All these are found to be unproductive techniques. In attempting to control orgasm, man is distracting himself from stimulation of touch and arousal, and he fails to enjoy his sexual feelings and may lose the erection. Therefore, emphasis should be on increasing penile stimulation and not avoid it.
Hurried sexual experience.
The excessive sensitivity of glans.
Rapid ejaculatory reflex.
Fear of losing an erection.
Fear of detection.
Counseling of Couple is done. It is emphasized that problem is not in genitals, the problem is in the brain.
It is based on systemic desensitization to bring about behavioral modification.
I am a 20 year old male who has problems urinating after sex. Why do I have to wait a long time to urinate properly? I've been masturbating since I was 15, this problem started a few months back. Someone please help me!
I am suffering with malaria from last 1 month how can I be cured from this and what are the symptoms.
I am taking eptoin 100mg tablet everyday for the last 4 years for epilepsy. 4 years before I had epilepsy. Now after taking this tablet I am totally out of this problem till now. Can I stop taking this problem permanently now?
Sir I am 23 male and before 3 month by accidentally I got a cut on my penis thats why I got stitches on my penis by doctor but sir I am still worried about it. I just want to know is that normal to get stitches on my penis. Is there any side effect in future on penis with also how many days I have to wait for sex?
Heels are weight bearing part of feet during standing, walking or running. Improper postures or foot wear can cause degeneration of heel and subsequent pain.
Causes for heel pain:
1. Sprains: Improper exercise and improper footwear like high heels can put unnecessary stress on heels and cause pain. Avoid such conditions by using excellent quality heels and avoiding them as much as possible. Exercise should be done under expert guidance.
2. Fractures: Stress or hairline fractures can occur even without trauma and cause pain. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
3. Plantar fasciitis: A common cause for heel pain, the Plantar fascia at heel can cause severe early morning heel pain. It can be managed with exercises, PRP Injections.
4. Arthritis: Gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis can affect ankle joint and cause heel pain. This can be managed with medications and exercises. In severe cases injections may be needed for treatment.
1. Change in shoes: Shoes play a key role in the development of heel pain. Avoid wearing heels for prolonged period and specially when walking long distances.
2. Foot supports: There are specialized heel supports and wedges, which you can wear with the footwear. These supports help redistribute weight from the problem areas and uniformly distribute it among the other parts of the foot. Heel cups are also another form of supports you could try.
3. Pain relief medications: Over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can help in reducing acute episodes of pain. Self - medication for prolonged periods should be avoided.
4. Ice packs: Application of ice packs decrease pain and stiffness of heel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.