Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ramakant PandaYour feedback matters!
For e. G I am stuffing from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
How can we control the cholesterol in women. With out using of allopathic medicines. Like regarding food diet and other things?
Yoga stimulate pressure receptors in skin which in turn ramp up brain and body's vagal activity, as it plays a role in hormone production and release
My chest is panning since yesterday morning when I woke up. That night it was too much hot so I slept directly in front of cooler for more than 8 hour. I don't know if its panning because of that. I smoke cigarettes since few months but I am not a chain smoker, I smoke hardly 1 cigarette per day. I don't know what is the reason but it's almost 24 hr and still panning. When I press middle part of chest bone it pains more. I don't have cough and all. I was a patience of jaundice 2 year before with bilirubin level 18, but I am fine now. Please help me doctor.
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) is a circulation issue that affects the veins and blood vessels outside of the brain and heart. PVD commonly strikes the veins that supply blood to the arms, legs, and organs situated beneath the stomach. These are the veins that are located away from the heart. They are known as peripheral vessels.
In PVD, the width of the veins get limited. Narrowing is normally created by arteriosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis is a condition where plaque develops inside a vessel. It is additionally called 'solidifying of the arteries'. Plaque acts towards reducing the amount of blood and oxygen that is supplied to the arms and legs. As the plaque development advances, clumps may develop, which may further affect the vessel.
There are two main types of PVDs:
- Functional PVD: This doesn't include physical issues in the veins. It causes accidental side effects. Typically,these fits happen suddenly.
- Organic PVD: This includes changes in the vein structure. This sort of PVD causes irritation, tissue harm, and blockages.
The most well-known reasons for functional PVDs are as follows:
- Emotional stress
- Cold temperatures
- Operating Vibrating machinery
The common causes of such natural PVDs are given below:
- High circulatory strain
- High cholesterol
The symptoms include the following:
PVD can be diagnosed using interventional radiology (IR).
IRis a sub-claim of radiology that gives an image-guided diagnosis, and if required, includes treatment of the organs as well.It has developed as a first-line treatment in the administration of PVD.
IR medications are for the most part less demanding for patients than surgery, since they include no surgical cut.They are less painful and have shorter stays at the hospital. By and large, the patients are discharged on the same day the procedure is done. This mainly includes angioplasty and stenting. The procedure is as follows:
- Utilising imaging for direction, the interventional radiologist puts a catheter through the femoral artery in the crotch to the blocked vein in the legs.
- At that point, the interventional radiologist expands a balloon to open the vein that is blocked.
- Sometimes it is opened with a tiny metallic cylinder called astent.
- This is a treatment that does not require surgery; only a scratch in the skin the extent of a pencil tip.
Angioplasty and stenting have totally replaced invasive surgical methods. Early trials have proven IR to be as successful as surgery for some blood vessel and artery impairments. Earlier, extensive clinical experience demonstrated that stenting and angioplasty are favoured as first-line treatments for more procedures all through the body .
Doctors as well as patients who have been through the same, believe that IR is much better for PVD than invasive surgery, since it reduces the risk of infection.
She is 42 years old. She had mechanical MVR surgery in 2006. 12 days ago she has Left MCA brain stroke. ICA, MCA Blocked diagnosed. Now she is completely fine. But What PT INR should she kept regularly? She is taking warf - 3 mg regularly.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
What is the effect of smoking with jim practice? How to avoid smoking, is any heart problem caused by smoking?
In my lab report I got my urea, serum is 14mg/DL, creatinine serum is 0.72, SGOT is 25, SGPT is 38. Total Cholesterol is 256, triglycerides is 167, hdl is 50, ldl is 170, vldl is 36, non hdl Cholesterol is 206. Doctor has advised to take fibrovas OD. Kindly advise whether it is safe to safe to take or not.
Hi I want ask with you question for me I have mentally problem when any one hearting me than I was cry and so angry and I feel I am alone in the world and I think about subside and I want live alone always any one not complete my wish than I was feeling sad actually in my childhood my parents left me in a hostel please give me a solution please.
Hi, i have breathing problem most of the time my nose will be block and specially in the night time every day. Kindly suggest me how to come out from this problem ?
Low blood levels of vitamin D are associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular problems such as heart attack and stroke.
The 5-year research with participants in the Framingham Heart Study was published in the journal Circulation. The study, which included 1,739 people, average age 59 years, found that those with the lowest levels of vitamin D had a 62 percent greater risk of a cardiovascular event than those with the next highest levels.
An hour or so of sunlight on the skin each week allows the skin to produce blood levels of about 30 nanograms of vitamin D per liter of blood, more than enough to prevent a deficiency such as rickets.
Food sources of vitamin D include fortified milk and oily fishes such as salmon.
Recommendations from the Institute of Medicine in the United States call for a daily intake of vitamin D ranging from 200 International Units (IU) for young people, to 400 IU for the middle-aged, to 600 IU for older people. But getting that amount from food and sunlight may not be easy. A glass of fortified milk contains only about 100 IU of vitamin D. The suggested recommendation is 1,000 - 2,000 IU.
The cardiovascular risk associated with low vitamin D levels was especially greater for people who also had high blood pressure. Their incidence of cardiovascular events was double that of people with higher blood levels of vitamin D.