Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramakant DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Diagnosed with Breast cancer. FNAC done. No other tests done. Suggested surgery. Do I get other tests done or go for surgery immediately. The result of other tests will take another 12 days.
How to analyse ultra sound (USG Abdomen) test? What is meant by prostate of 21.1 ML with insignificant residual urine of 20.4 ML. Two freely moving calculi are seen in GB.- Cholelithiasis?
I smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I know that it is harmful. I heard that every smoker gets into lungs cancer is that true or it causes to only chain smoker?
My mom recently done for chemotherapy and radiation for CA of breast. And now she is using tamoxifen. But somebody told that there may be risk of cervical cancer. Is that true?
My mother right armpit and breast pain sometimes before two year age 52 pain in not regular take when she take medicine then she feel good but always feel pain what's the problem please explain.
My wife age 40 yrs. Suffering from endometrial cancer 1b G3. Surgery and Radiation has been done. Now chemo is necessary or not.
I am 70 years old male. What should be blood urea level in my body my s. Creatinine is 1. 4. My ultra sound exams for prostate reads post void 5 ml. Please advise.
Meri mummy ke berest cancer hai or 2nd stage hai or doctor ne bola hai inke 2 operation ho sakte ak pura breast nikalna hai ya berest mai jo tumer hai usa nikalne mai bhi thik ho sakta hai dono operation ka result same hai iske liya advice chaiye ?
Namaskar, Operated for Left hand-side breast cancer as MRM. Cancer detected T2N1M0. Total Lymph nodes detected=9, Positive Lymph nodes=1, ER: +ve 50%, PR: +ve, HER2: -ve. Given Chemo : 6 cycles of FEC. Please let me know Radiation therapy is required or only Hormonal therapy will work. Thanks & Regards
I am suffering from enlarged prostate and related difficulties, such as get up from sleep at night 3-4 times to pass urine, feeling urgency to pass urine etc. Conducted several tests and physician prescribed Weltam 0.4 mg tablets daily once at night. I do not feel much improvement in my problem. Your valued suggestions solicited. Thanks
Gynecological cancer is any tumor that begins in a woman’s reproductive organs. Cancer is usually named after the part of the body where it begins. Gynecologic cancer starts in different areas within a woman’s pelvis, which is the territory beneath the stomach and in the middle of the hipbones. There are different types of gynecological cancers and these are as follows:
- Cervical cancer starts in the cervix, which is the lower, narrower end of the uterus. The uterus is also called the womb.
- Ovarian cancer starts in the ovaries, which are situated on each side of the uterus.
- Uterine cancer starts in the uterus, the pear-shaped organ in a woman's pelvis where the child develops when a lady is pregnant.
- Vaginal cancer starts in the vagina, which is the empty, tube-like channel between the base of the uterus and ends as the vaginal opening.
- Vulvar cancer starts in the vulva, the external part of the female genital organs.
Signs and symptoms of the above-mentioned gynecologic cancers can be very vague; however, there are a few issues each lady needs to know about and look for. The following are some of the common symptoms of different gynecological cancer:
- Swollen leg (ordinarily happens in one leg and comes with pain or discharge)
- Irregular vaginal bleeding (particularly in a lady who has experienced menopause)
- Unexplained weight loss
- Consistent bladder weight or increased urination
- Loss of appetite, while always feeling full
- Pelvic or stomach pain
- Bloated stomach
- Consistent weakness
- Compelling, sudden onset bloating
- Trouble eating or feeling full rapidly
- Urinary indications (urge or recurrence)
- Vaginal draining or spotting after menopause
- New onset of heavy flow during periods or bleeding between two-period cycles
- A watery pink or white discharge from the vagina
- Two or more weeks of steady pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic region
- Pain during sex
- A red, pink or white bump that has a crude or wart-like surface
- A white area that feels unpleasant and rough
- Continuous itching
- Pain or a smoldering feeling while urinating
- Bleeding and discharge not connected with monthly cycle
- An open sore or ulcer that lasts over a month
A large portion of the symptoms connected with gynecologic cancers may occur due to other reasons every once in a while, which may make us ignore them. It is vital to be tuned into your body and pay consideration on any progressions. In case you see new side effects that are happening every day for more than a couple of weeks, this can be an indication of gynecological cancer. Try not to worry. Make sure to go for regular check-ups at your gynecologist. If you feel that the aforementioned symptoms are persistent, seek medical attention.