Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Praja PatiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having some kind of etching in my foot for the past 2 weeks and the etching place skins became hard and black.
Hi sir/madam‚ My name vijay‚I am going for night. For that any effect for eye. Dark circles are forming around eye help me to reduce that circles. Give me the precautions to protect my eyes from computer. What is the best way to do to protect my eyes. And what is the diet maintain for morning time. Give me best suggestions. Thanks & regards Vijay kumar.
Eczema is a skin condition marked by eruptions that are often pus filled boils. It is also known as Atopic Dermatitis. It is known to aggravate during damp monsoon months and can lead to dryness and scaly patches. It is very commonly found in patients who are young children and babies. The flare up can also relapse again. Reddish brown patches and oozing boils characterise this skin ailment.
Let us look at the ways in which it can be treated effectively:
- Anti Allergy Medication: One of the first and foremost methods of treatment includes the prescription of medication. Medicines like anti allergy drugs and anti-histamine drugs are known to be useful, especially in the early stages of the ailment which starts as an allergic reaction. Cetrizine is one of the most favoured anti histamine drugs in this case. Other medication like Diphenhydramine, Fexofedaine and Loratidine can also be prescribed to soothe the pus filled boils and painful symptoms as well as itching sensation.
- Creams and Lotions: The dermatologist can also prescribe cortisone creams as well as ointments that can be procured over the counter. Also, hydrocortisone and similar low potency steroids can be used for this condition.
- Immunosuppressants: These are also prescribed to ensure that the flare up and spread of the condition does not happen. This can also prevent the risk of cancer, kidney disease and high blood pressure by numbing the immune system when it comes to reactions toward certain prescription drugs.
- Phototherapy: This kind of therapy is used for severe cases. In this method, ultraviolet lights are trained on the site of the flare up so that the immune system's responses that lead to Eczema may be contained and prevented. This treatment requires a few sessions for the Eczema to clear up completely and also, in order to ensure that bacterial infections do not strike in its aftermath due to the accumulation of debris or bacteria.
- Alternative Ways: There are other ways of treating this condition. One of the methods includes making lifestyle changes like using deep breathing and meditative techniques that can bring the stress level down so that the flare up does not happen and the immune system continues to function properly. Also, patients would be advised to use a cold compress every night as this is when the itching increases by leaps and bounds. Further, green tea, primrose oil, aromatherapy and other such methods can also be used to soothe the skin and treat the condition.
There are various ways to deal with Eczema and hygiene is one of the top methods along with a good lifestyle.
I'm suffering from dark forehead and dark circles around eyes my cheeks and everything on my face was good in tone but when it comes to forehead and eyes it's disappointing please give me a reliable answer so that I will take medication.
My child is suffering from lucoderma (salad dag) please tell the medicine to give and factors which can increase the disease.
The late spring is here and has carried with it’s the burning sun, extraordinary warmth and in addition a swarm of skin issues. The warmth, sun and the sweat makes the skin looks dull and furthermore cause monstrous rashes. Sunburn is basic amid this season alongside tanning. Consequently, it is essential that you keep your skin ensured and furthermore remove care of it to remain from skin bothering. There are sure strides that you ought to take after religiously amid the late spring to look great as well as to keep your skin sound too.
The means are as per the following:
- The first thing you ought to do to keep your skin shining with well being amid the summers is to drink bunches of fluid. The summers accompanies the gift of various nutritious organic products like water melon, litchi, mangoes and these natural products give a wonderful approach to keep your skin sparkling. It is ideal to eat the entire natural products than juices yet whichever way it is useful to your skin.
- The second step that you should take after amid the summers is to apply sunscreen moisturizer before going out amid the daytime, on all parts of the body, that would be presented to the cruel beams of the sun. You would likewise do great to convey an umbrella and cover yourself however much as could be expected from the sunbeams.
- The skin effectively gets bothered amid the mid year that outcomes in furious rashes everywhere throughout the body and the face. Subsequently wear free cotton garments that would drench the sweat and in addition let your skin breath. This would keep your skin solid amid the summers.
- If your skin gets, sunburned, when you return home the primary thing you ought to do is sprinkle cool water to your face. To sooth and unwind a sun consumed skin, douse cool rose water in a cotton ball and apply to the sun consumed zones of the skin.
- It would be perceptive to utilize negligible cosmetics amid the mid year since the cosmetics may turn revolting with the swat as well as cause skin aggravation. In the event that you need to utilize cosmetics, utilize waterproof ones produced by presumed organizations and ensure you expel it totally before going to bed.
- Do not neglect to shower every day to keep your skin and additionally yourself sound amid the cruel mid-year.
Hi, am 23 old Female, am doing job in bangalore, I shifted here just before 7 months only and staying in PG, my native is Davangere, karnata. Before to shift here I was working in my native only, when I was in native my hair and face was so good, but nowadays am observing that myhair become so thin and it not at all growing and so so so much of dandruff and same as hair fall like the surrounding area of my forehead the scalp is becoming to visible like there is so less hair, that on my face some black marks and black heads happening in the place of below my lips in chin, and am facing pimple problem on my face too as I will not have pimples when I was in my native. In my PG there is salt water to all works and for drinking water only they will purify that salt water and food is also not good. Is salt water reason for these all problems? Or else any other reason is there. Pls pls pls help me and suggest me some effective solutions pls pls. Am worried and afraid by these kind of symptoms.
My wife got operated for infected galactocele, now her breast became smaller. Got much wrinkles on it like old woman, please advise her to cure wrinkles, thanks.
Hello doctor, I'm the student of engg colg I have problem to under my eye dark circle, And in my face some dark spot also. What can I do for this problem.
Im suffering from pimples so many dark spots on my face. Please tell me a home remedy to remove these dark spots from my face. And also black head under my eyes.
What should I do to remove my dark circle? Can I use kojivit gel cream or melaglow cream under eye or on eyelid? If not then pls suggest an another eye cream with its price. Pls help sir or mam.
I am 27 years old, my skin is very sensitive, any types of hurt it grows up particular this area for some time then it back to normal. What should I do? please help me.
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer: People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease: According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity: People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol: High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders: In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.