Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Praja PatiYour feedback matters!
After shaving pubes she has got bumps and a few small pimples. And also she said she may be having some ingrown hairs and is causing her a bit of irritation its her first time. Please suggest what should she do?
Apply a sunscreen every morning and afternoon.
Avoid any scrubs and loofah to wash the face
Consult the Dermatologist for a good anti ageing regimen
My face skin is so oily, can I apply vitamin e oil. My skin is very dull and looks like old age skin. My age is 29 years Skin is fair also.
I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and nothing is seeming to help it now (please don't advice topical creams) I've even tried using sulfur cream for 15-20 days it dosent seem to help, please advice homeopathic remedies.
I am 34 years old male and I have been noticing they are like pimple (about 5 to 6 small in size) on my Testicles from past 8 years and it doesn't pain nor it goes when pressing it hardly, it was about 2 first and then gradually it increased to 5 to 6. Please help.
I am 45 years old housewife, some blackspot on my face loss my beauty, in winter time it will increase more, many black spot on my face, so what can I do, please help me giving some suggestions.
I am having itching in groin. I applied "clotrimazole" ointment. There is some relief but not total elimination of itching. Please suggest course of treatment.
Garlic can be used for more than simple flavouring your food. Garlic has a number of health benefits and is used to treat conditions like high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease and even acne. The large amount of allicin and sulphur compounds in garlic give it anti fungal and anti aging properties. This promotes healthy skin and lustrous hair.
Let's take a look at how garlic can treat common skin problems.
- Acne: The anti fungal properties of garlic can help remove stubborn pimples. Garlic can be used in a number of ways to treat acne. The easiest is to press a piece of freshly cut raw garlic onto the affected area. Let is release some of its juices onto the skin. Wash off after 5 minutes to see a visible reduction in inflammation.
- Acne scars: Along with treating acne, garlic can also be used to reduce acne scars by enhancing blood circulation that helps regenerate new skin cells. The sulphur, zinc, calcium and vitamin E in garlic also help in the removal of dead skin cells and smooth skin tissue formation.
- Blackhead removal: A paste of crushed garlic, tea tree oil, honey, oatmeal and lime juice can be used as an ex-foliating pack to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Use this mask thrice a week to get the best results.
- Anti aging: Antioxidants in garlic reduce the amount of free radicals in the skin to keep it looking youthful. Sulphur also helps the body produce collagen to maintain the firmness of skin and avoid wrinkles. Garlic is also rich in poly phenols that protect the skin from environmental damage. A garlic and tomato mask can also help unclog skin and minimize pores.
- Stretch marks: Allicin and sulphur present in garlic increase the elasticity of the skin and thus prevent stretch marks from occurring. If you already have stretch marks, a warm garlic oil massage can help reduce the stretch marks.
As with any other form of treatment, garlic should be used carefully. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Dilute garlic juice with rose water or water to prevent burning and stinging.
- Do not leave garlic for too long on the skin as it can cause blisters.
- Fresh garlic has more anti oxidants than preserved garlic.
- Garlic also has blood thinning properties and hence should be avoided by pregnant women. Learn more about Healthy Pregnancy.
- Do a patch test before applying garlic on your face to test your skin for sensitivity towards garlic.
Few treatments for skin rejuvenation and hair regrowth