Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Praja PatiYour feedback matters!
During the years my skin has became dark rough dry and with lots of tiny black spots Don't to what it is called exactly now thn it is summer time it's getting more worst is there any home remedy or products that I can apply to get rid of this problem of mine. As I want to look good and feel good about my skin.
My skin is getting darker day by day and I won't even go out in hot sun actually we are having holidays now but when I used to go to college my skin tone was even better than now I jst require a solution for this.
My age is 22 but I am still suffering from pimples and dark heads and its really its make my face look ugly and messy. Even my friends says me that its too ugly. I can't understand that how can I get ride this. Please do instruct me about what to do in order to get rid of this.
What is spf sunscreen?
- Spf, or sun protection factor, is a measure of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from uv rays, the kind of radiation that causes sunburn, damages skin, and can contribute to skin cancer.
- If your skin would normally burn after 10 minutes in the sun, applying an spf 15 sunscreen would allow you to stay in the sun without burning
- Spf is actually a measure of protection from amount of uvb exposure and it is not meant to help you determine duration of exposure.
The spf (sun protection factor) scale is not linear:
- Spf 15 blocks 93% of uvb rays
- Spf 30 blocks 97% of uvb rays
- Spf 50 blocks 98% of uvb rays
So, one way of looking at this is that spf 30 sunscreen only gives you 4% more protection than spf 15 sunscreen.
Why not use a really high sun protection factor?
Sunscreens with really high spfs, such as spf 75 or spf 100, do not offer significantly greater protection than spf 30 and mislead people into thinking they have more protection than they actually do.