Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ram PrabhooYour feedback matters!
I am close to 50 years and have severe knee pain and joint movement sounds. Is it possible to increase synovial fluid and have suitable supplements for maintaining it.
I am male of age 50 years having back pain since 3 moths and I used so many medicine for that but no use and having heavy pain during night and I have to do.
Hi, I have right shoulder pain, hip pain, right thigh pain. From yesterday. I have pcod taking treatment. First time I took siphene (clomifene). Is my pain related to this? OR I am even diagnosed with kidney stone of 3mm. Is my pain due to this? When I get up in the morning I have heel pain. This heel pain is from 2 days. Can you please say whom should I consult?
I am 19 years old male, I am experiencing backache (After playing football ) and tried pain relief cream too. But haven't got any results ,what should I do?
I had fracture at my elbow. I am not able to do heavy workout or work because of that. What should I do to once again work as before.
Due to night emissions my body is getting so weak my bones makes a cracking sound I feel lazy I get react easily with cold and productive cough immunity system is getting so much I take a proper diet but this problem remains same I didn't take any medicine please suggest me some medicine to make body immune system strong.
I am suffering from osteo arthritis in my knees and also my weight is about 85 kgs my height 5'6" my age is 58 years pls advice me suitable treatment.
Hello there. I 'm getting a sudden heart pain as if someone is throwing a stone and piercing it which is resisting me from taking breath freely at that time. It is lasting for 10-30 seconds. My age is 17 .I've studied somewhere that sudden shoulder pain is linked to heart diseases in future. I'm even used to that sometimes .can you please suggest a solution?
Hi doctor I am having depression meaning I won't be able to walk because I have rheumatoid arthritis and also copd. I am taking treatment for both. How to get cured from depression. I am unable to get sleep. Please advice.
Suffering from kneepain on both legs. Dr. Suggest me for operation please suggest.My age is 56 years old.
My right leg ankle is paining since yesterday. Please recommend me some exercise or homemade prescription.
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes inflammation, usually in one joint, that begins suddenly.
Gouty arthritis is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint.
Gout can cause symptoms and signs such as
Nodules under the skin called tophi,
- Joint redness,
- Swollen joints,
- Joint pain,
- The warmth of the joint.
The most reliable method to diagnose gout is to have fluid removed from an inflamed joint and examined under a microscope for uric acid crystals.
The primary dietary goal for gout is to limit your intake of foods with high amounts of purine in them. Ideally, you will have little or no foods that are high in purine and only small amounts of those with moderate amounts of purine.
Foods considered high in purine content include:
- Some fish, seafood and shellfish, including anchovies, sardines, mackerel, scallops, herring, mussels, codfish, trout, and haddock
- Some meats such as bacon, turkey, veal, venison, liver, beef kidney, brain, and sweetbreads
- Alcoholic beverages
Foods considered moderate in purine content include:
- Meats such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, and lamb
- Crab, lobster, oysters, and shrimp
- Vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, green peas, mushrooms, and cauliflower
- Kidney beans, lentils, and lima beans
Your other goals will be to:
- Lose weight if you are overweight: make sure that you do this slowly because fast weight loss will actually increase the uric acid levels in your blood.
- Drink plenty of fluids: this can help with removing uric acid from your blood. Be sure to limit fluids with caffeine and/or calories; water and seltzer are the best choices.
- Increase your low-fat dairy intake: there has been some research that has shown that those who drink low-fat milk or consume low-fat yogurt have lower uric acid levels than those who do not.
- Keep your fruit and vegetable intake up: you may get a reduction in your uric acid levels by having fruit, such as cherries, and vegetables (those that are not sources of purine), as part of your diet.
- Chronic gout is treated using medications that lower the uric acid level in the body.
- Left untreated, gout can cause irreversible joint damage, kidney problems, and tophi.
- Triggers for gout attacks include surgery, dehydration, beverages sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup, beer, liquor, red meat, and seafood.
- Cherries may help prevent gout attacks.