Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ralan PariharYour feedback matters!
What is platelet rich plasma n dermaroller micro needling. How much it costs n where available in orisa.
I have a problem of my stomach. My stomach all time very bad working after many days I have problem of loose motion and also my belly increasing please help me.
Hi, I have fever. Fever started yesterday afternoon. I took one crocin yesterday. Today when I got up in the morning, I still have fever and stomach cramps. I have cold and flem. No cough. I have slight back pain and also slight headache. I took 1 paracetamol along with a vitamin tab in the morning after breakfast. Yesterday midnight I felt some shivering when I waa sleeping under my blanket. Please advice. Thanks.
I am a 20 ear old guy. I have stomach ache since past few weeks. I don't understand the problem whether its a cramp or acidity. Please help me out.
Did my home ir, glucose plasma was 108 (normal range is 70-100, insulin resistance was 57 (normal range was 2-25) and home ir index was 7.14 (normal was less than 2.5) ,is it a concern? I'm having igf1 low ,are they both related?
I am not getting sleep for the last 2 days and the headache is killing me. Also suffering from fever. What should I do?
Most of the times liquid black stool and upper abdomen pain from last one year .prescribed antacid and PPI tablet nothing workout.
Its been 15 months to our marriage as we are trying for baby but not yet meanwhile wife consulted gynecologist, she told that you are suffering from genital TB. Is this stopping from conceiving , what could be the reasons & treatment for Genital TB.
I am suffering from wet dreams and premature ejaculation. Could someone help me to prevent this situation?
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.