Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakhi Vakil
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi VakilYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor. I am 35 years old. I have panic disorder. That too it will be felt more at nights. Could you suggest me some tips to overcome it.
Hi I want a simple solution to reduce my fat. specially for belly portion and also my weight increasing on daily basis? My present body weight is 82 kg. I want to maintain my eating habit but it is not happening.
Hi I am 30 years old male. I am taking anti depressants for past few days (clonazepam, vilazodone) prescribed by psychiatrist. I dnt have any family history of diabetics. Now I am fear about these tablets may have side effects that leads to diabetics?
My body is shivering while I feel fear, anger,excitement, weight lifting I am eat enough strong food but I can not able to get rid of this problem. Please suggest.
Most of us are not blessed with a good night's sleep and face common problems that occur during sleep, such as snoring, insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome and sleep deprivation. According to Ayurveda, proper sleep and a healthy diet are of equal importance. Sleep is the period during which the body is able to recuperate and heal itself as well bring about a balance in emotions and mental state. Imbalances in sleep, according to Ayurveda, is caused due to imbalance or dosha in the three subcategories that the human body is divided into. The imbalances are referred to as Kapha dosha, Pitta dosha and Vata dosha.
Imbalance in Vata occurs when the co-ordination between dhi (learning), dhriti (retention) and smriti (recollection) is weakened. When a person is trying to sleep but is simultaneously recollecting the events which occurred during the day, it leads to the same emotions and feelings being reproduced. This renders the person incapable of detaching from the feelings and thus, prevents them to sleep. Some Ayurvedic remedies to address this issue include:
- Using appropriate sleep tablets
- Drinking a special tea which aids in sleeping, before going to sleep. The tea should contain a mixture of herbs and spices which would help in calming the emotions
- Have food that pacifies Vata
- Adopting and following a proper schedule, where enough time is available for sleep
- Try not to think about the problems while in bed.
A sleep disorder due to pitta dosha happens when a person has no problems in falling asleep, but is awakened at odd hours during the night and is unable to fall back asleep. It is common that people suffering from trauma or imbalances in pitta are susceptible to this problem. Pitta-type sleep is often disrupted by wild and fiery dreams. Remedies include:
- The room where the person is sleeping should be kept cool. The likelihood of awakening during the night is increased if the room is hot and stuffy.
- Therapeutic oils which are specifically designed to pacify Pitta dosha should be used.
- Foods that pacify pitta dosha should be eaten. These foods should normally be at room temperature rather being hot.
- A pitta pacifying lifestyle should be followed. This includes sleeping before 10:00 p.m., having three meals a day, etc.
Sleep disorders associated with kapha dosha causes a person to have a long and deep sleep, but feel exhausted when woken up. Additionally, a feeling of lethargy persists throughout the day. Remedies include:
- Reduce coffee consumption
- Adopt the consumption Kapha or Green Tea
- Adopt a Kapha-pacifying lifestyle. This includes vigorous morning exercise.