Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi MoreYour feedback matters!
It's 5th day. I first got ear ache. Then I started feeling a kind of pain in throat. It's much like feel of pressing the wound of inner chick bite, with things. It's that type of feeling of pain in the right side of throat, little inside where I can't put my finger. This pain is actually causing radiating pain in ear. No soar throat, pains more while talking compared to swallowing food, no weakness. Just this pain and intern pain in ear. Highest when I get up. Any suggestion?
Hi good morning I am feeling problem in chest. From last 02 - 03 years I am suffering from phelgum problem regularly. Some times it comes some times not. This problem is making me in tension. Can you please help me. Regards
Hello, My mother is 45 years old, Recently she was diagnosed with sinus tachycardia last week. She is at rest now. For the last 4-5 days she is suffering from mild fever, watery stool frequently (6-7 times a day). She is having ulcerative colitis and she withdrew from intaking steroids 5-6 days back. Is it related somehow?
My frnd is having cold from many days. Even his tonsil is swollen. He gets better when medicine is taken bt cold do not get better what to do.
I have deviated septum. Nose blocked at night. I used otrivin. Any treatment available for this? Any home remedy. Or surgery is mandatory? What is the cost of surgery and effects of surgery? Thanks.
I am 23 years male who have tired of unpleasant noise in my ear. I am facing tinnitus at episode a few months ago severity while jogging, playing etc. I prefer most its home remedies and thus searches on internet and found ginko giloba, one of its remedies but I don't know how to use it and extract.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.