Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi MoreYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sinusitis and I have too much cough problem. Kindly suggest me some medicines and exercise.
I am suffering from tinnitus since 1 year I was used so medicines but it can not rid off unfortunately a week ago I was noticed ear pain and cold it can't get down with medicines now cold is gone but i am suffering from heavy ear pain if I through air to my ear by pinch of cheeks im noticing gargle sounds called water sound and ear pain and also when I pinch my ear that time also this sound is coming my ear pain was very sever I was used cefakind 500 mg and pain killers so many but there is no change of health condition.
I am having vertigo issue I think. I feel dizziness for most of the time and vomits. Not able to stand or walk it remains till I sleep for some hours. Earlier I got middle ear infection but I took homeopathy ear drop for some time but no improvement. I also had sudden hearing loss before but it is cured as per medical prescription from hamdard medical institute delhi. Pls advice some medicine to get rid of vertigo. Thanks.
I'm 34 years old male n I have got sore throat for a couple of days I getting problm swallowing food please help.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.
I snore a lot while sleeping. Multiple times gets up at night. Feeling drowsy all day. How to avoid or reduce snoring.
I am suffering ear pain last 3 months . I used some tablets but haven't got any relief. What should I do.
Rhinoplasty, more commonly known as Nose-Job, is a cosmetic procedure designed to change the shape and size of the nose.
A Rhinoplasty can effectively change the size and shape of the nose to complement the facial balance. It also helps improve nasal symmetry efficiently enhancing your facial features.
How is the surgery performed?
We prefer General Anaesthesia for the surgery to make patient pain free and most comfortable. It’s a Day-care procedure or may need overnight stay.
The operation involves an incision which is made for easy access to the cartilage and bones of the nose. These incisions are generally placed inside the nose, so that they do not appear as scar marks after the surgery is done. Moulding, removal or replacement of the bone or cartilage depends on the demands of the restructuring of the nose. Once the reshaping of the nose is done, the nose tissue is put back into place and a splint is temporarily placed to support the new structure of the nose. The splint is removed at 5-7 days.
Precautions to take after a nose surgery
After a nose surgery, the area around your nose will stay swollen and bruised for around 10-15 days. Thus you have to ensure that-
You get adequate period of rest.
Use cold compresses over the swollen face, this will reduce the swelling and ease the pain.
Do not indulge in relatively vigorous physical activity for 15 days.
Take you medicines regularly.
Risks of nose surgery
Every surgery or medical procedure involves certain risks, and so does Rhinoplasty. Along with some puffiness and ` around the eye and nose region, you may also experience-
Some amount of bleeding
Injury to the septum area
Irritation of the skin and skin problems
Nasal blockage due to swelling in the inner nasal area
Complications resulting from anaesthesia
Although there are certain risks to Rhinoplasty, the surgery is considerably safe if done by a qualified expert plastic surgeon and the results are quite permanent.