Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Ya I hav dandruff too but that because I am not applying oil from past 1 year so its like that and even I get patches on my face.
I visited a hill station and now my face, back part of the neck and arms all are burnt to death now*Skin darkening*. I want my old colour back. What should I do?
Am a leukoderma patient and I want to know about the treatment and medicine s of leukoderma am also continues suffering from cold and skin whiteness my life is normal but some time am not face anybody anytime my life is little disturb due to leukoderma please help me about treatment to cure my self thanking you Lybrate.
Dear sir I'm suffering from fungal infection. Using mone (mometasone furoate cream) on my face Daily night. Is it harmful?
I am 56 year old man have got a prostate problem prostate enlargement 37 cm have urine fall problem while on tension frequency of urine fall increase and very slow kindly suggest suitable medicine I do not want operation.
I have red spots in my whole body and they are itching very much. What should I do, please suggest. Thanking You.
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition characterised by dark patches, occurring mainly due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production. This form of skin condition is not specific to any particular age group or category of people, but it is more commonly observed among people of Mediterranean, Asian, Latin, or African origin. Also, any part of your body including hands, face and neck can be affected by this condition.
Here are some of the most common factors that can cause skin hyperpigmentation.
1. Sun exposure
If your skin is exposed to sunlight for a long period of time, it can result in hyperpigmentation. It happens due to the inflammation of the skin caused by the action of UV rays present in sunlight. This skin inflammation plays a significant role in activating melanocytes (skin cells that generate melanin), giving you dark patches of skin.
2. Hormonal changes
Triggered by the consumption of a pill or pregnancy, hormonal changes in your body are also responsible for stimulating growth of melanin. This disturbance in the chemical balance of your body causes hyperpigmentation in the form of ‘melasma’ (a common skin condition characterised by grey-brown patches on skin surface).
3. Specific drugs
Sometimes hyperpigmentation is drug-induced and happens due to the effect of certain medications like antibiotics, anti-seizure drugs, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) and hormone treatments. This mainly happens due to the reaction of these drugs with melanin resulting in the formation of a drug-pigment complex that leaves dark patches on the skin.
In some cases, you can get hyperpigmentation if you have a prevailing family history of the disease. This skin condition is sometimes carried by the genes onto the next generation.
It often happens that acne leaves back scars in the form of dark spots after healing. These dark spots are most commonly termed as Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). They occur as your skin produces excessive melanin in response to the skin infection.
6. Excessive use of chemical products
Exposing your skin to harsh chemicals, present mostly in chemical products like hair removing creams, wax etc. can result in skin inflammation resulting in Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I hav red spots in my whole body. Since last 2 months. They are growing day by day and also itching is there on the body. I hav also white pachtes inside my tongue. Any cure plzzz?
I have seborrhea dermatitis on scalp since 1 year. Tried many treatment options but none worked What should I do?
Hello. I'm 22 years old female. Ongoing thyroid and pcos treatment, but i'm losing my hairs drastically. Please suggest a good shampoo, conditioner, any home remedies, hair mask, and a proper hair care routine. My skin is very sensitive and little oily. It gets tanned very fast. Even the skin on my hands are getting darker day by day. Suggest me a good moisturiser, toner and facewash. Also, a proper cure to remove tan and dark patches, blemishes. Best cream or treatment for dark circles. I have open pores on my nose and black marks. Which creams and home remedies can I use? also something to lighten skin tone" can whey protein be taken by a thyroid or pcos patient" after 2-3 hours of exercise I look dull, no glow. As i'm pcos patient, weightloss is very difficult for me, please please suggest me a proper diet or pcos diet, supplement, protein, nutrition nd ol. I'm very much depressed. My weight is 95 now nd height 5.2.
I'm a 20 years old guy and I wanted to know any remedy for the dark circles under the eyes. Though I have a sound sleep everyday they won't disappear. What's the reason? And please suggest a remedy for it.
My face was getting toooo black now I am some like chamanchai color but now getting too black even I am staying in house.
Sir can you please tell me which kind of moisturizer I can use for healthy skin please tell me the product name.
Hello, I am an athlete and whenever I do training I get tan What can I do to prevent tanning and how can I remove my tanning?
I want to know about Glutathione . Is it safe and permanent ? Cost of infections and tablets ? Is Anybody can use it , for improve skin color ? How many days it will take see changes in skin Color ? How much of skin color can be improved in this method ? Thanks.
The skin is exposed to many things, which causes it to lose its luster and appear dull. Apart from the external factors certain internal factors also cause skin darkening. Internal factors, such as what you eat and how much you exercise also affect its condition and thus in turn, affects how you look. Your skin may develop dark spots, blemishes and tan. Let’s look at some of the ways this can be tackled resulting in fairer skin.
Changing lifestyle habits and your daily routine:
- Protection from the sun: Many of the blemishes and spots on your skin are due to the exposure you have had to the sun. Thus ensure that you have sufficient UV protection with the best possible SPF levels that suit your skin. Generally, in Indian climate, an SPF count of 30 is recommended. However, the correct SPF count would depend on one’s skin texture. Wear hats as well as sunglasses while outside to prevent tanning as well as dark circles. Apart from SPF, PA /star rating are also important espacially if you don't want tanning. Sun screen should have at least PA +++ or Boot Star rating of *****
- Exfoliate regularly: This is an important step as most of the dead skin cells on your body are darker in skin tone than the newer cells beneath them. If you exfoliate regularly, then this layer of dead skin cells will be removed making you fairer. However, don’t exfoliate more than two times a week as it would lead to excessively dry skin.
Homemade lightening treatments for your skin:
- Turmeric paste: You can make turmeric paste with either olive oil or milk and then make it into a mask. Apply it and kece body and hands and keep it there for 20 minutes or so. Apply moisturizer and don’t go out in the sun immediately. Do this for a few days a week and you should see results quickly.ep it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Doing this for a few days should result in noticeable results.
- Lemon juice rinse: Mix equal amounts of lemon juice from half a lemon with water in a glass. Then dab this mixture on your fa
- Potato rub: Cut a potato into thick slices and ensure that you rub it over the face or on areas where you want to lighten the skin.
- Other treatments: Other home remedies also include, green coconut water rinses, honey lemon masks and papaya masks among others. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a dermatologist