Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old working man. I have a small mark on my nose which is visible. Is there any way to remove it with the help of ailments? If it's not done through medicines what will be cause for plastic surgery? Where can I Approach in Bangalore and who is the best one available in metro cities.
I had a nail grow inside my skin on the 1st finger of my left foot. I had an operation after which doctor asked to take medicine MOX500 and an ointment named Mupirocin ointment But it has been a month but my feet is not looking good. The area Mera that nail has swollen and the other side of my nail is going into the skin, I am feeling. Please suggest what I should do. Preferably some medication. I don't mind if its allopathic or homeopathic or ayurvedic.
Hi sir my face will always oil. And we use hard water for bath so .I look more dark. So give the suggestion to use. white cream is suitable for my skin to control oil and darkness.
Sir can I use kojiglo gel only at night or I should use twice a day because sir I use ekran sunscreen lotion at morning and how much time does kojiglo takes to work.
Hi am 26 year old theater actor My skin is very tan, oily and sweaty Which treatment you suggest me Thank you.
I am 28 years old, from last months I found a kind of lump in under arm area. Sometime I feel pain in this area. I am scared, is it breast cancer.
My face has become black .earlier it has a glow .nd face colour was fairer .now what to do to make face fairer.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by redness and the appearance of pus filled red patches on the face. Small bumps that are red in color and filled with pus may also be present on the skin. This condition can last from a few weeks to a few months. However, because of its appearance, this condition may be mistaken for acne or other allergic reactions.
It mostly affects women who are middle aged or have a fairer skin tone. This disorder does not have a cure but treatments can help in limiting the symptoms of rosacea.
The symptoms of rosacea are:
- Swollen red bumps: Bumps that look like pimple and contain pus can develop on the skin; the skin tends to feel tender and hot.
- Facial redness: Facial redness is caused by swelling of blood vessels on your cheeks and nose.
- Problems in the eye: This disorder may lead to problems in the eye such as irritation, dryness and swelling in the eyelids.
- Enlarged nose: The skin on your nose may become thick and swollen, making it look enlarged.
Causes of rosacea:
There is no exact known cause of rosacea. Contrary to popular belief, poor hygiene does not cause rosacea. There are certain factors that trigger increased blood flow to the skin, them being:
- Environmental factors
- Spicy foods
- Various medications that dilate the vessels that carry blood
- Chemicals present in cosmetics
Treatment options available for rosacea are:
- Oral antibiotics: Antibiotics are used to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation resulting from rosacea.
- Medications that reduce redness: Certain medications which come in the form of gels, when applied on the affected area, help in constricting blood vessels thus reducing the redness.
There are certain measures that you can take to prevent rosacea, some of them are:
- Use sunscreen: Use a sunscreen to prevent damage from sun exposure, make sure the sunscreen has a SPF count of 25 or more. However, the SPF measure should be determined by your skin texture.
- Use gentle products on your skin: Use a mild cleanser to clean your skin and make sure to moisturize on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.