Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh ShahYour feedback matters!
We had unprotected sex on 23 rd after that she had taken ipill but no bleeding happened next day as mentioned in ipill box. Now her periods dates were on 23 or 25. But now its 27 and there is no sign of period. Is there anything to worry about or any chance of pregnancy? Please guide
Sir, I am from Bhopal and suffering from tinnitus since last 2 months, Sir, it is curable or not or harmful to us. Kindly suggest treatment.
Hi all, This is Chandralekha. Currently I am 8th month carrying on 23rd September 2016 I got dengue fever and admitted in hospital and discharge 28th September 2016. Now I am getting too much chest pain. Chest is very hard both the side. Baby movements are also little slow. Can you please check advice me if there is any problem. Regards Chandralekha.
I have a homosexual problem. I want to escape from that. Please give me a solution. I desire to sex with a older man. I am 30 years old.
It's been more than a week my father is suffering from body pain and mild fever. All test reports including dengue, haemoglobin and arthritis are normal. Please help!
I am at age of 23 I don't have a habit of smoking but I'm suffering from ED problem can you please suggest me solutions to solve this.
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am pregnant and 5th month running, my hemoglobin is 8.6. And in my report shows the" thalassemia minor" so my doctor told me that, I hv to take blood externally. Is it right? Give me guidance.
Hi all I am suffering from gastric problem. I 24 years old. In last week I gone for home for 2 days. But do not know why I am suffering now with gastric. And the point is what is in my left side of stomach. I have burning type of felling there little bit. (it is a ball type thing in which I have pain and burning. If I put any cold bottle at there or ice then I feel relief.). Generally when we have go to potty in the morning and that felling (before pressure), all day I have same felling, but nothing happen in washroom why? In last 1 year I was okay. Now before 2 days it started again. What is this. Actually I can't explain what I am suffering from. Do you know what type of problem I have. It happens because of tea also. At this age I am suffering from such things its really irritating and rubbish. And I have headache also from it.
Hi sir, I have scabies and I consulted my city doctor and I used medicine and lotion and anti scabies soap also but when we use medicine I controls and after wards it start itching so, please tell me the perfect medicine and lotion cream and soap. Sir scabies have any course to use medicine.
I am a 61 year old man. 4 years back I had fess for the deviated septum and nose block. All was fine till dec last year when all of a sudden I lost my smell and taste. Tried various medications but no success. What should I do?
Be mindful about choosing heart healthy foods; for example:
- plant-based diets low in fat, salt and added sugars
- high fiber and whole grains
- lean protein
- foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids (flaxseed, salmon and other fish, certain oils and nuts)
2. Read food labels
The labels on the side of food and beverage packaging provide a lot of useful information about the nutritional content, including calories, sodium, cholesterol, fat, sugars and key vitamins per serving.
3. Mind your portions
Many of us overeat without really knowing it. Portions at restaurants even the size of bagels, baked goods and other prepared items have steadily gotten bigger over the years. Know how much is too much, and which foods are better to load up on. Some people find it helpful to visually divide their plate and pre-portioning healthy foods for the week.
4. Learn how to cook healthy
How you prep your food is important; try to avoid frying food and substitute unhealthy fats when possible. It's also best to make snacks and meals from scratch and limit processed foods, which often contain hidden sodium and added sugars.
When you do eat out try to reduce your calories, fat and salt by asking for:
- no added butter or salt
- half of the portion to be boxed up before they plate it for you
- the dressing on the side
5. Limit alcohol
Experts advise limiting it to one drink a day for women and two for men.
12 fl oz of
8-9 fl oz of
Malt liquor (shown in a 12-oz glass)
5 fl oz of
3-4 fl oz of
(such as sherry or port; 3.5 oz shown)
2-3 fl oz of
Cordial, liqueur, or aperitif (2.5 oz shown)
1.5 fl oz of brandy or cognac
(a single jigger or shot)
1.5 fl oz shot of 80-proof distilled spirits
6. Don't shop hungry
If you go to the grocery store hungry, you are more likely to make unhealthy impulse buys.
7. Keep a food diary
This is one of the best ways to look critically at your patterns of eating over time. Based on this information, you can make healthy changes. There are also nutritional and food tracking apps that can help.
8. Ask for help
Don't go it alone or attempt to cut out major foods groups or make too many changes at once; your efforts can backfire. Talk with your health care provider or nutritionist about how many calories you should be consuming each day and come up with an eating plan that is realistic and fits your life. Ask your partner or family to help you stick to a healthy diet.
A healthy diet can help you maintain a healthy body weight and control your blood cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar.