Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh PanjaYour feedback matters!
Are there things I can do to make myself feel better?
There are many comfort measures to help pregnant women who suffer from nausea and vomiting during early pregnancy. Changes in diet, sleep pattern and lifestyle can help.
Few suggestions are given below:-
1. Changes in lifestyle
* Get up slowly from lying down position and do not lie immediately after eating.
* Keep your head higher than your feet when lying down.
* Go outside for fresh air as much as possible.
* Rest or nap often
* Dentify conditions which make vomiting worse, such as certain foods, odours, activities or stress and avoid them.
* Wait about half an hour after dinner to brush your teeth
2. Changes in diet
* Eat bland foods that are high in carbohydrates and low in fat such as toast, bread, rice, cereal, crackers and potatoes.
* Eat foods that are high in protein such as lean meat, eggs and dishes made with beans and pulses.
* Eat foods high in vitamin b6 like whole grains and cereals, wheat germ, nuts, seeds, legumes, corn
* Avoid greasy, fatty, fried and spicy foods.
* Drink 10-12 glasses of liquids such as coconut water, buttermilk, milk and fresh juices.
* Avoid excess of tea, coffee and aerated drinks
* Do not drink alcohol
* Try to eat every 2 to 3 hours, even if you are not hungry. Have small frequent meals than large meals.
* Have a snack such as yoghurt, milk or a small sandwich before going to bed.
* Sniffing lemon or ginger can sometimes relieve nausea.
* In case if you have nausea and vomiting in the evening, have a good meal in the morning and a light meal at night and vice versa.
When should I call my doctor?
Call your doctor right away if you:
* Have been vomiting for almost 24 hours.
* Have been stomach pain, fever, dizziness, severe weakness or feel faint.
* Have weight loss of more than 2-5 kgs.
* Have very dark yellow urine or do not urinate for long periods.
* Feel your mouth is dry and your hands and feet are cold.
* Feel very thirsty.
* Have a fast heartbeat.
* Vomit blood.
What is hsg test. Doctor prescribed me to test hsg. I am pcod suffering scanty period and could not conceive. After hsg test could I able to conceive. please help.
I'm 22 year old girl having a breast pain on right side? i'm soo worried please suggest me what to do?
We had sex in last mnth 17 th (protected with condom. After that she use home test kit for test to make sure that if there is any chances of pregnancy or not. Result was negative. But in this mnth periods is not started till now. Today she also check with a test kit. Report is also negative. And her white discharge is starting .is there any chances of pregnancy?
Hello doctor I want to get pregnant My last period was on 25th February and its 5th April now I haven't get my period My period is always irregular. It's always 6-7 days late But today it is late for 12 days Am I pregnant? I took a pregnancy test on 2nd April but it came out negative Did I took it so fast? How long should I have to wait to confirm the pregnancy test with irregular cycles?
Hi doctor, Main 26 saal ki hu. Mujhe pcos hai. Last month mera period 23 feb ko aya tha. Meri gynecologist ne mujhe fertyl 50 mg di. But abhi kal meine ultrasound krwaya to usme small collection of fluid cul de sac. Aya ab mujhe pain bhi hai lower abdomen main bahut. Main pregnant hona chahti hoon. Please suggested me what I do?
Is there any problem at time of sexual activities if my husband sucking nipple more than 10 minutes 8 or 10 times daily.
Hello. I had two miscarriages. Now my fallopian tubes get blocked bilateral. please suggest how it get opened.
My sonography report says gestation age is 6 .3 weeks. But no heartbeat. Also my doc prescribed me progesterone 200 mg. What are the chances to be normal pregnancy ?Plz guide.
Hello doctors, i'm a 27 years old guy and like to know much about safe sex. I'm still clean and I want to ask: is it possible to "reverse" HIV yet and how?
Hi concerned. After the intercourse. The injected ones are flowing out .can you tell me measures to avoid the flow as we are planning for pregnancy.
In the realm of Ayurvedic medicine, ginger is considered as a wonder root. Its medicinal purposes are many and it never fails to heal some of the most common to the more serious diseases. Ginger can be consumed raw, with other foods, or in a paste form. It is regularly used in most of the dishes that you consume on a daily basis because of its medicinal values. Here are some of the most important values that ginger has, due to which it is considered to be one of the most cherished remedy in Ayurveda.
- Anti-histamine properties: Often people get allergies to dust, pollens, dirt, and other impurities in the air. These allergies can be prolonged and the person suffers a lot. When you experience a bout of allergy, it is best to consume ginger in any form. Its anti -histamine properties help in reducing the allergic reaction and relieve the patient of the sufferings.
- Stimulates digestion: Ginger is a regular herb used in every meal - mostly in the form of paste and at times as chopped pieces. This is because it aids the release of bile juices from the gall bladder, which in turn promotes smooth digestion.
- Cancer: According to the researches carried out at Michigan University, it has been concluded that ginger powder has the ability to kill many cancer-causing cells. It is specially recommended to be consumed by medical practitioners if you suffer from lung, prostate, ovarian, and breast cancer.
- Morning sickness: At times, you experience morning sickness with a heavy head and a bout of nausea. This mostly occurs when you are pregnant. In such circumstances, consuming ginger provides the necessary vitamin B6 to your body. This helps you to stabilise your condition in the morning and reduce weakness, laziness, and nausea.
- Inflammation: Ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing inflammation of any kind in the body. This means that whenever you have any kind of inflammation, you are asked to consume ginger so that the swelling and pain subsides to a considerable amount.
- Menstrual cramps: Cramps are very common in women during their menstruation. To reduce the pain and cramps, ginger tea is often given to them. It is said that consuming ginger regularly during periods helps in reducing the pain and cramps that are associated with it.
In a gist, these are some of the essential qualities of ginger. These are the reasons as to why ginger is often consumed daily and seen as a home remedy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Yoga is a great way to get rid of diseases and health conditions from heart problems to back pain, sciatica and depression. There exists a body of research suggesting that yoga is the best healing therapy for improving spine alignment and joint health. But on the flip side, research also suggests that yoga can’t cure cancers though it can help one deal with chemotherapy.
But you can certainly try yoga for these diseases and conditions
- Digestive disorders: There are a number of asanas and pranayamas like the child pose or bala asana and kapalbhati pranayama, which can alleviate indigestion, gas and flatulence. These also help in bowel movement. The Boat pose which is done by stretching your legs and arms straight out parallel in front of you and then raising legs so toes are above eye level is very good for stomach disorders and so is the downward dog pose.
- Back pain: More than 50 percent adults will face back pain due to a number of reasons in their lifetime. Simple stretching or yoga stretches can both help in the prevention of back pain. Tadasana is very good for aligning the vertebral column and getting rid of back pain. Surya namaskar stretches are very helpful too. You can also try Jatara Parivartanasana, Upavista Konasana or forward bends, Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend and Bhujangasana or cobra pose for back pain.
- Heart disease: Bhujangasana or cobra pose stretches the chest, massaging organs inside, including heart, and allowing more blood flow to it, thus stimulating and strengthening heart muscle. Kapalbhati pranayama is also very good for the heart since it increases the absorption of oxygen in the blood. Yoga is proven to be an excellent heart risk improvement practice according to current research too.
- Depression: Anulom vilom pranayama is extremely effective in tackling anxiety and depression. It slows down breathing and is effective against hypertension too when done regularly over a long time. The deep breathing done while doing this pranayama helps slow heart rate and allows the lungs to absorb more oxygen.
- Diabetes: Surya namaskar or the twelve sun salutation poses help control diabetes as it promotes the production of insulin. The corpse pose is good too.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are common problems that can be handled using yoga. Poses like Sirsasana that increase the flow of oxygen to the brain can alleviate migraines easily.
- Thyroid disorders: Yoga asanas like shoulder stand, inverted pose, plough pose and the fish pose all help in making the thyroid gland work optimally again. The cobra pose and Ujjayi pranayama also work wonders by re-balancing metabolism and working on the throat reflex pathways to cure thyroid imbalance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.