Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh NayyarYour feedback matters!
I have very tired because I am illness of sinus disease and properly take the medicine of this disease. I have already use medicine like alopathic and homeopathy from 6-7 year but this disease not cure so please tell me about this and how to do.
Suffering from dry cough ad cold from past three days. Please suggest me which med should I take? I am having tusQ. Dx syrup for now.
I am suffering from cough. Its very hard to even talk whenever I coughing. I want to know symptoms of Tuberculosis.
I am suffering from throat infection and un easiness . I am suffering from indigestion and cough . So pls suggest what to do.
I am coughing from last four days even medicine I have taken but still coughing is not going. What to do.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
From 1 month I'm always having cough in my throat it comes frequently, most of the time I swallow the cough. Doctor which syrup should I choose?
I have acne problem. I'm also suffering from sinus problem. I'm suffering from severe cough since last 1 month One of my nostril get blocked during the night and I'm unable to breath properly.
My sister was take the easy breathe capsule internally before one week. But she informed latter only. But till now she was perfect and no issues. My doubt is that capsule will be solvable or it will cause any pblm in stomach. Any necessary to take scan or any remedies On that capsule cover it mentioned as no external use. So that we got fear.
My father is suffering from asthma. He has treated his cure a lot with doctors .what is the right treatment.
I have problem in breathing last two years . Have problem in early morning only . It seems heaviness in chest . Give any solution.
Bacterial sinus problems of viridians strep with s.epidermidis .which homeo medicines should I take for a long time (immunity enhancement at the same time. Please give me advice.
I have a cough problem and my doctor suggest me to do CECT CHEST and reports says -few small centrilobular nodules seen in right upper lobe (all segments). Rest of lungs field appears normal. The overlying pleura are normal bilaterally. There is no evidence of pleural effusion. MEDIASTINUM AND HILA Few subcentimetre lymph nodes seen in right paratracheal region. Trachea and its bifurcation and major bronchi are normal. Mediastinal vascular structures appear normal. Cardiac size is within normal limits. Visualized bones appear normal as seen on bone window.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.