Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RakeshYour feedback matters!
I am shanthi I have used filter water too even though my skin is becoming dark. What I havevto do suggest me home tips to lighten my skin. And I have consulted doctor sir saud that by using filter water the skin will become more dark. He suggested me to use the natural water. And why my skin is becoming dark by using bore water?
Hello everyone My friend is suffering by dandruff from last one year what should he do he use every thing like home remedy costly anti dandruff shampoo due to this he also suffering by hair loss to much he even shave his head from last 3 Month again he is facing the same please give a ramban treatment thank you All.
Hi, i used to have very long hair, hair fall started for me very badly after marriage as i changed the state and also as i am staying in an appartment we get water from different areas. Can i know what remedys can i do to reduce hair fall
I am Ravi and my age is 20my problem is hair loss, is there any medicine to cure this with out getting side effects Wt r d reasons for hair loss.
What should be applied to acne/pimples. Should we remove it through blackhead remover or apply Retino-A?
I have black spots under my eyes. I also have black spots on my forehead. Is there any effective solution to these problems?
How to prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks?
There are ways in which you can improve your appearance and get rid of the stretch marks after pregnancy. However, care should be taken to prevent the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy. Preventive measures may include:
1. Using Topical preparations: Ointments and crèmes are one of the best ways to prevent formation of stretch marks, as they increase the elasticity of skin. Verum, olive oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, and vitamin E are the commonly used topical agents. Your provider may prescribe you retinoid crème to get rid of striae.
2. Staying hydrated: During pregnancy your body demands an increased supply of water. Drinking around 8 to 12 glasses of water not only prevents dehydration but also inhibits formation of stretch marks.
3. Using Oil: Similar to topical crèmes, oils can also be used to prevent stretch marks. Olive oil, almond oil, vitamin E, castor and other essential oils have anti-oxidant effects. This prevents formation of stretch marks.
4. Using Zinc: Zinc also has anti-oxidant effects. It also promotes formation of new collagen. This collagen formation promotes reduction of stretch marks.
5. Eating a Healthy diet: Diet is the most important factor, not only to prevent stretch marks but also for a stress free healthy pregnancy. Foods rich in vitamin A, C and E promote collagen formation, thereby preventing stretch marks formation.
6. Getting Massage: Massaging the skin everyday with bitter almond oil increases the blood flow, thereby promoting the formation of new collagen.
When to contact your health care provider:
As time progresses, the stretch marks start fading without any treatment. Contact your provider if you:
• Have developed stretch marks for the first time.
• Have stretch marks due to side effects of certain medicine.
• Have other symptoms along with stretch marks, such as rashes.