Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RakeshYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir my father is 67 years old. He has no teeth and need best solution in economy cost. Please suggest.
I had a filling done in the second pre-molar of the left upper jaw 4 years ago. Just after a year I started to have a sudden severe pain in the tooth. I visited dentist and found theres a cavity in the same tooth. Dentist told me to go for crowning rather than filling again. I ignored that time. Now the filling is gone. And I suffer from gigintivitis nd bad breath due to that tooth. I want to end this up. Should I go for crowning or should I uproot it. What if it caused problem even after crowning. By the way my age is 23. And I smoke regularly.
I have teeth ache from last 3 months. So I don't eat cold item. I don't have any damage teeth but some time it will feels horrible. So what I can do for this problem?
It's been 6 months that I have worn retainer 24*7 & made visits as instructed by my Ortho. Next month I'm shifting to another country so is it fine if I do not make dentist visits any more but continue wearing my retainer 24*7 for the remaining 6 months.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.
Digital Smile Design Now in India (DSD)
DSD is a smile enhancement procedure. It is a new science that brings dentistry to an emotional level connecting with people through visual communication and real care.
A beautiful smile reflects self-confidence and illuminates a positive aura around the person. Very few of us are naturally gifted for it. Nevertheless everyone desires and has a right to own one. A pleasing smile without teeth is unimaginable.
The modern science advances in the field of computers, photography and dental technology has given an edge to dentist in creating pleasing iconic smiles. The smiles designed with digital tools and visagism concept are extremely accurate and can reflect one’s personality. The best part in this is THE TEST DRIVE method that gives the dentist a clear road map with exact dimensions and proportion of teeth which can suit your personality, face, skin color, eye color and age. Earlier this work was left to guesswork of dentist and his technician. THE TEST DRIVE gives you a sense of owning a beautiful smile you always desired without actually undergoing any dental treatment. Correction can be done in final restoration if required.
Globally this concept of smile design is catching up faster. Now it is available in India and it’s within the reach of almost every one of us. It works for broken, discolored, crooked, or missing teeth. Its time we give thought to our smile because it makes life more beautiful.
So what are you waiting for … get a TEST DRIVE done today !!!