Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RakeshYour feedback matters!
Many of us were taught how to properly brush our teeth when we were still young kids.
And, admit it or not, most of us are stuck with the same brushing method into adulthood.
Sadly, many of us also learned the improper way of brushing.
Indeed, even though we are taught the proper brushing technique, we may not often stick to it.
Did you know that brushing properly is tricky? We wish to get rid of plaque without damaging our gums and brushing too hard.
So, what are the correct ways to brush our teeth by Dr Ratnika Agarwal ?
The teeth and gums must be brushed gently as hard brushing may cause the gums to recede and get damaged. It is advised to hold the toothbrush the same manner you hold a pen. By doing so, a lighter stroke is encouraged.
Brush your teeth at least two times per day.
Brush in the morning and at night before you head to bed. In so doing, food particles are removed. Brushing in the morning will aid clear away the plaque that accumulated overnight. It is important to dry before you sleep because this is the period when the mouth becomes dry and it becomes easier for bacteria to attack the teeth.
Use an extra-soft or soft-bristled toothbrush.
By means of using these types of toothbrush, the teeth and gums won’t be harmed and abraded. It matters to change your toothbrush when necessary or on a regular basis. Shredded or worn out toothbrush are no longer effective in cleaning the teeth. Be smart in choosing a toothbrush and only purchase the one that is officially approved by the American Dental Association.
Brush your teeth for at least two minutes.
Two minutes is actually the required time to clean the teeth. This way, each tooth is thoroughly cleaned. You may consider using a timer if you are using a manual toothbrush.
Do not brush your teeth more than 3 times per day.
Brushing twice daily is already enough. Take note that brushing too frequently can damage or erode the teeth and gums.
Electric toothbrushes are good alternative to manual toothbrushes.
These are often recommended to people who do not often follow correct brushing techniques. In the same way, these are great options for individuals with physical limitations and find brushing a tough activity.
Have a standard routine for brushing
It is fundamental to brush the teeth in the same order on a daily basis. The reason behind this is that this can especially aid you cover each area of the mouth. This will easily become second nature once you’re able to perform it routinely.
For instance, you may brush the outer sides of the teeth from left to right across the top, afterwards, you may shift to the inside and then brush from right to left. After this, consider brushing the chewing surfaces from left to right. Do the same pattern for the teeth underneath.
As you can see, there are proper ways of brushing. So, do not just brush your teeth for the sake of brushing alone. Learn the proper techniques to keep the gums and teeth clean and in good condition.
Please Call our team on 8237802848 / 020-27041188 or visit Dr Ratnika Agarwal at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center, Pune Today and get your Dental Check-up today ! We provide all Dental & Cosmetic Treatments for all age groups.
I don't like my teeth. There are lot of gaps in between them. How to reshape them and how much will is cost?
Sir maine apko phle bhi likha tha. Maine ek teeth niklwaya tha ab waha ek gaanth ho gyi hai. Xray bhi kraya usme kuch nh aaya. Doctor ne kaha ki infection andar tk ho gya tha. Kuch din me khud thik ho jayega. But ab bhi ganth h isme. Kbhi ye chhoti hoti hai. Kbhi badi ho jati hai. Mai kya karu? please suggest me.
I had never any problem or pain in my tooth, but I found some blood traces while brushing. Please suggest some good tooth paste or any other advice. Thanks.
I want fix teeth implant, what expenditure on it .IS right for future because l prepare defence exam please suggest me.
I have the problem of getting ulcers on my mouth frequently. I got ulcers within every week. M not able to eating talk properly with this problem. Is there any Sol. I had some tube that is sometime helpful. I'm using zytee and orasep gel. I am so worried that even though using these medicos I'm not able to got free from ulcers. Is this is serious issue? I got mouth cancer? Help! Me.
2 days ago i had terrible toothache.I took painkiller and washed my mouth with lukewarm water.Its bit fine.But still wenever i touch dat particular it pains a lot tooth with gum.What to do?
Maine last 1 year ago clip dhala tha abhi theeth thoda yellow dikh rahe he uske whitning ke liye kuch batao.
My teeth is non sticky but looks like pale even I brush perfectly on morning time! But I am not brushing my teeth at night. Give me a perfect effective solution to reduce paleness.
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.