Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rajveer ChinoyYour feedback matters!
Umbilical hernia diet
An umbilical or belly button hernia occurs when a part of the intestines or the abdominal lining protrudes through an opening in the abdominal muscles. The protruding intestines may get squeezed or strangulated resulting in the blood supply getting cut off. Surgery may be required in serious cases of umbilical hernia. Doctors often suggest a special diet for umbilical hernia patients as this helps to prevent further complications.
Foods to avoid
Certain foods are not recommended for people with an umbilical hernia and should be avoided.
White refined flour foods made from white refined flour have a low fiber content. Eating these foods may cause constipation and should therefore be avoided. This is because constipation causes straining of the abdominal muscles during bowel movements and may cause further protrusion of the intestines through the abdominal muscles in the region of the belly button.
Low fiber fruits and vegetables the low fiber content in these foods can also lead to constipation. Examples of fruits and vegetables with low fiber content include skinless raw fruits, cooked fruits, and canned or cooked vegetables without seeds, hulls or skin.
Fatty foods foods with a high fat content should be avoided. This is because obesity results in greater pressure on the abdominal muscles and can increase the risk of umbilical hernia. Examples of foods with a high fat content include fatty meat such as pork, whole milk, butter, cream, margarine and fried foods.
Sugar limit your calorie intake by cutting down on foods such as pastries, cakes, chocolates and soda pop. Limiting your sugar intake will also help you to lose some weight, taking pressure off your abdominal region.
Foods to include
A special diet is required after umbilical hernia surgery. This will help you to minimize your convalescence time. The special dietary requirements include:
Fruits fresh fruits that have high fiber content and are rich in antioxidants should form a part of every meal. The high fiber content will ensure that you do not get constipated and the antioxidants will help protect your body and boost your immune system. Try to eat different types of fruits so as to get adequate amounts of different vitamins. Citrus fruits, berries, and apples are some examples of fruits with a high fiber and vitamin content.
Vegetables these too have a high fiber content that will guard against the dangers of constipation after an umbilical hernia surgery. They also have high levels of vitamins and minerals and should also be included with every meal.
Lean meat meat is a source of protein, which is essential to the repair of damaged tissue. Lean meat like poultry and fish is an excellent source of low fat protein. Have one good source of low fat protein with every meal.
Low fat dairy products these are a good source of protein and can be alternated with lean meats to provide your body with sufficient protein.
High fiber breakfast foods will aid digestion and so your breakfast should consist of foods made from whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oatmeal, or bran.
Sir, my age is 23 and I have right side back pain, it is most painful during over sitting and yoga time and any side bending I have made all testings but no problem issued the doctor said it may be muscle pain give me solution sir.
I am 23 years old and I have back pain last two months, I could not lye down more than 6 to 7 hours continuously. I'm really scared, what do you think may be the reason, what should I do.
2. For decreasing pain try to do simple calf stretches and leg stretches for few minutes before walking.
3. Also try doing back and abdominal or core strengthening exercises. It will help leg and back pain immediately.
5. Posture plays a very vital role. Keep that tummy muscles tight and back straight while walking or doing daily chores.
6. Get enrolled in a yoga or stretching exercise program to keep up motivation.
I am 28 years old male and having backache last 8-9 month, tell me what should I do and i am feeling suffering from piles. Will you please tell me some symptoms of piles ?
Mere mom ki left payears ki ghutno bohat card hai. Kavi kavi ghutna full jata hai. Chalne me taklif hota hai.
I have back ache in nearly rt side from 3-6 months. It goes along the leg till the feet. Please tell me the cause of it.
Iam 30 years old iam suffering severe back ache from past 2 weeks I applied ointment but no relief is there any solution.
My mom is 45 years old. She had cervical spondylitis what are the precautions taken can please tell me.
I have so much hair fall and in my job I am sitting many hours on the chair so may be I have back pain so much please suggest me.
72 male DM2 for 18 yrs, osteoarthritis for last 30 years unable to walk ,poor digestion ,sedentary life style. I will be thankful if you inform the quantity of papaya and banana and it's type that is fully ripe, unripe, semiripe.etc method of consumption.
Back pain has become an unavoidable discomfort for some people. But the good news is that you can easily control back pain if you are aware of what is causing it and the ways to reduce the same. You can damage your back through several ways but there are three most common causes of a backache among most of the individuals.
Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting.
Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion - you spent the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bent in a wrong manner while picking up your child. However, the actual cause of your spinal agony may not be very clear, but it pays to be aware of the possible reasons that can cause backache. It is good to consult a doctor if your back pain is consistent and recurrent.
Here are few of the causes:
- Facet joint arthropathy: This is caused due to the damage of the facet joints which help in keeping the spinal cord in place. Unhealthy posture is often considered to be a cause of spine and back problems causing terrible pain. This might be due to arthritis that occurs in people. Furthermore, the sedentary lifestyle compels the people in the corporate sectors to sit before the laptop or computer for several hours at a stretch. This proves to be devastating for the spine. At times, such problems resemble a herniated disc quite closely. Thus, it is recommended to get yourself checked by a medical practitioner to properly diagnose the condition so that correct treatment can be provided to you.
- Sacroiliac joint arthropathy: The sacroiliac joint is present in the lower back part of the body. Continuous standing or sitting in the wrong posture gives you pain in the lower back. This pain, if not catered to immediately might spread to the upper parts of the body merging into a proper back and lower back pain. At times the straining of the back can make an individual suffer from mild to severe back pain which may disable him. Injuries caused to the muscles, ligaments and tendons supporting the spine, present in the lower back can also cause back pain. The common symptoms of such pain include muscle stiffness, joints getting locked, limping and weakness in the body movements.
- Piriformis syndrome: This is caused due to the compression of the sciatic nerves present in the lower back part of the body. This is basically regarded as a neuromuscular disorder and various medical researchers have various views about this syndrome. It is caused when the piriformis muscles are in compression by the hips. It generally affects one hip at a time, but in some cases, it might affect both of them together.
Thus, these are the three common causes of having a back pain. If you experience any such pain as described above, do not let it continue for a long time but consult your medical practitioner at the earliest. "
Few precautions that can be taken for a hurting back. Despite the causes, there are certain precautions that you can take, which are:
- Avoid sitting in a bad posture, that is, keep your back straight as much as you can. Pull and stretch your body in continual intervals to keep it relaxed.
- Consult the right physician instead of doing exercise that can aggravate your pain.
- Take a break from work and go for short walks, every couple of hours.