Find numerous Allergist/Immunologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajul GYour feedback matters!
Hypothyroid patients who are taking levothyroxine (i.e, Synthroid), Cytomel, Thyrolar, or natural thyroid products like Armour and are in the normal thyroid range can give blood if they don't have any other precluding conditions.
Graves' disease or hyperthyroidism patients who are on antithyroid medicines, or who are not currently in normal thyroid range, cannot give blood.
Anyone with any other autoimmune disease should not give blood, unless they are asymptomatic and off all medications for one month.
In thyroid patients, and some of the more common autoimmune disease, you specifically should NOT give blood if you have:
Sinus or respiratory infections, colds or flu symptoms
Rheumatoid Arthritis, if you're on steroids or immunosuppressive drugs
Lupus, unless asymptomatic, and off all medication for at least a month
Also, you can't give blood if you:
Have ever used illegal intravenous drugs, even once
Are a man who has had sex with another man since 1977, even once
Are a hemophiliac
Have had a positive HIV test
Have had hepatitis any time after your eleventh birthday
Have had cancer (except localized skin cancer)
Have had a heart attack or stroke
Have taken Tegison for psoriasis
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.