Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai 400022. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raju Kanakia
Submit a review for Dr. Raju KanakiaYour feedback matters!
I am Suffering from gas. Since last 3 to 4 years and I get tremendous pain in my back sometimes in my chest. Please help me.
Why there are different opinion regarding anal fissures when some colorectal surgeons say after LIS surgery anal fissures do not come if occasionally stool becomes hard where other say it can come if stool get hard? But the fact is fissures occurs due to high resting pressure of internal sphincter muscle and during LIS surgery this high resting pressure reduce to normal pressure so why after surgery still fissure comes if stool get hard? But generally all people do not get fissures or ulcers if stool becomes hard, some people are habitually constipated still no anal fissures face.
I m suffering from gas problem. Even though I have my diet in control, still I suffer from gas problems. I am vegetarian and hence I consume light diet still I have some digestion problem. I m tired of it now. Want to cure it as soon as possible.
The build-up of fat in the liver may lead to the development of a condition known as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis or NASH. This condition is not related to the consumption of alcohol and the inflammation is due to the buildup of fats in the liver. In most cases, there are no symptoms till the stage when the fat deposition causes inflammation and damages the liver cells. This also hinders the normal functioning of the liver and if not treated, it may lead to an extreme condition known as cirrhosis. However, NASH does not always get worse and with some precaution, it can be treated.
The cause behind the development of this disease is not alcohol consumption and it could be some environmental factor that triggers liver inflammation or heredity might be another reason. However, the risk of developing this disease is high for people who are obese, have metabolic syndrome, have high cholesterol or are resistant to insulin.
There are hardly any symptoms of NASH that are seen in the early stage of this condition. However, at a much-progressed stage, the following symptoms may be seen:
- Weight loss
- Fatigue and weakness
- Upper abdomen pain
Diagnosing NASH requires undergoing several tests that include a blood test, a CT scan, an MRI scan and also an abdominal ultrasound.
Benefits of Ayurvedic remedies in managing NASH
- There are remedies which help in detoxification of the liver. They also enhance the body’s capacity to digest fats and prevent it from accumulating in the liver.
- A few remedies are rich in vitamin C content as they are very effective in treating liver problems.
- Some remedies are packed with the antioxidant and vitamin C. And, it is this vitamin C that helps the liver in producing the enzyme, glutathione, which neutralizes the toxins and detoxifies the liver of all of the toxins.
- Some remedies contain catechins, which are known to enhance the functioning of the liver. They are great for blocking the fat stored in the liver and works wonder in fighting against diseases associated with the fatty liver disease.
- There are some fruits that are effective in treating fatty liver diseases. These fruits burn the dietary fat rapidly and also improves the functioning of the liver if consumed regularly.
- Some Ayurvedic remedies are a storehouse of the fat-soluble Vitamin E, and are known to protect your liver against the accumulation of fats and will keep your liver healthy.
Apart from including these natural ingredients in your diet, you will also have to reduce your body weight, reduce cholesterol level, control your diabetes, exercise regularly and stop consuming alcohol. However, home remedies are just supportive, but not a complete line of treatment for NASH so you cannot depend completely only on them. As mentioned NASH can disturb your normal liver functioning and if not treated it can lead to liver cirrhosis so take proper Ayurvedic treatment under the guidance of an Ayurvedic doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!