Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raju I GujarathiYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3 months, she is active in all manner like a normal baby but she sleep less comparatively to other children. I am worried since she have less weight otherwise no health issues. Kindly suggest.
My newborn is 17 days old today. He had jaundice on 4th day measuring 16.97. After phototherapy it reduced to 8.9 on 8th day. We got it tested again on 16th day and came out to be 12.28. Doc has said that its ok. I am getting massage daily from dai which is typical indian practice post partum. I want to know is it possible that it might be affecting his recovery. I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby and he is pooping and passing urine normally. Doc said that we have blood group incompatibility I am o+ baby is b + and hubby is ab+.What shall I do speed up my babies recovery. By what time shall I expect him to recover?
Dear Sir - My baby is seven month old she has VSD (Ventricular Septal defect),from last wo month day by day her postion is getting bad, Could you help us Regards
My son is too active not sitting in one place. I wanted to identify whether he is a hyper active child his age is 2 years & 3 months old. How to identify whether he is a normal child or hyper active child.
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
My baby is 2 1/2 month old. He sleeps turns either right or left side instead of sleeping on his back. He cries if I adjust him to straighten position n he is comfortable sleeping side ways. Please suggest does it cause any problem?
Now my baby 6 month old. Now I take blood sugar level and thyroid test. Test result BLOOD GLUCOSE (F) Method: GOD-POD=113 mg/dl BLOOD GLUCOSE (PP) Method: GOD-POD= 145 mg/dl Thyroid FREE T3 Method :ECLIA=5.76 pg/ml. Ref. Val 2.38-4.37 FREE T4 Method: ECLIA = 18.68 pmol/L.Ref.val 12.40-20.40 TSH-ECLIA Method: ECLIA = 0.093 uIU/ml. Ref. Val 0.44-3.63 Pls explain this test result. Which tablet I take .doc said eltroxin 50 mg nly. And sugar tablet not prescribe.
My daughter, aged 6.5 years underwent bilateral femoral osteotomy in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. She was in hip spica cast for a total of eight weeks, followed by hip brace for four weeks. But her knees were flexed inwards after she came off the spica cast . After regular therapy for the past five months, it has opened out from 150 degrees to about 50 degrees now, Hips are in abducted attitude. Abduction is possible to about 50-60 degrees, but hip abduction movts seems to be quite painful for her. Her recent xray which was done few days back show " left femoral head dislocated inferiority" Her adductor muscles and hamstrings are tight. Kindly advise regarding further treatment possible to correct the dislocation. Thanks a lot.
Tell me what are the reasons for giving Hepatitis B injection to new born baby after on month. Are there any side effects of it ? Thank You
Meri daughter 3 year ki hai but wo ghar ka khana like roti chawal anything bilkul nhi khati or wo mitti bahut khati hai deewaron ki. So pls koi advise dijiye.
My son 14 years old. Very thin and looks weak while as he is very active physically and mentally. My issue is with his height just 4.7' and weight 33 kgs. For the last three years, am running here n there for his improvement. But wasted money and time. Will you advise me?
My 6 month baby refuses milk. Now we starts solid food to her. Morning we will give 2 milk bikes biscuits and afternoon we will give nestum to her.in between time we will give formula milk. She doesn't drink full amount of milk put some milk .is it reduce her weight? Then per day how many biscuits to give 6 month baby? Is 2 number enough? please tell me.
Eat a balanced diet which contains whole cereals, pulses, dal, all seasonal fruits, salads and vegetables, milk and milk products. Keep away from sweets, junk food, oily food as much as possible.
Exercise daily. For children outdoor play daily is exercise.
Get your child's weight and height checked periodically by your pediatrician. This will help to detect deviation from growth early.
My daughter is 9 years her both palms are always release sweat. It become wet and difficult while writing, books become wet. It happens in all seasons. She use hanky always to wipe the sweat.
Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Stable on medications. Will have to follow the diet and medicines life long? Can it be cured? Is it a life threatening diseases. Can the sibling also get it?
Sir, two months old boy has breathing problems and he cannot take breast milk. Where to we take him?
My 2 year baby suffering from fever since two weeks, amoxicilin. Ciprofloxacine did not worked. What could be the infection. Please reply. Blood urine stool did not showed any infection.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.