Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajiv Thakker
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv ThakkerYour feedback matters!
Tanning of the skin, though desired by some, completely mars the complexion of few. In a tropical country like India, sun tanning is a serious problem, one that often times calls for medical intervention. In fact a host of homemade remedies have also emerged to combat with this problem. Some of the remedies for sun tanning are:
- Cucumber juice: The advantages of cucumbers do not end with its nutritional values. In fact most of its well acknowledged benefits pertain to beauty more than health care. In instances of tanning, try applying cucumber juice. This will not only help in lessening the effects of the tan but will also give a fresh glow to the face.
- Potato: It is unanimously agreed upon that potato is the most versatile vegetable. Irrespective of the dish, this vegetable almost always finds its way in it. It is only good news, therefore that it benefits the skin as well. In order to remove the tan, you must peel the potato and rub the skin on the face. An alternative way of maximizing the utility of the vegetable is by applying the juice of potato on the areas which are affected.
- Sandalwood powder: The goodness of sandalwood requires no introduction. It takes good care not only of the health, but also of the skin. Even in the case of tanning, grind the sandalwood and mix it with almond oil and cucumber and apply the mixture.
- Aloe vera gel: This is one of the most trusted remedies of sun tanning. The aloe vera gel must be applied on the skin on a daily basis to retain the moisture in the skin and also to soothe it. For best results, mix some lemon juice in the aloe vera gel.
- Yoghurt and lemon: The advantages of yoghurt are aplenty, benefitting especially the skin. If mixed with lemon, the consequent paste bleaches the skin and significantly diminishes all the effects of tanning.
My face skin is rapidly tanning. What should I do to get rid of tanning and make my skin glowing amd fair.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose its aesthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
- The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
- Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
- In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!