Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
I am having one small white spots on my penis shaft and have itching also. Before 5 months I am having the same thing but its more like 4 or 5 and get treated by skin doc they remove it by surgical syringe and advice to test hiv and std its report r normal. Can you please help me with that I am very much thankful to u. I don'nt know what to do. Advice me with your good one.
How I can. Looking cool and fit. I feel embarrassed in my friend circle. Because everybody looking nyc with white color and my face has so many acns and I am so slim. How. I.can improve myself.
I am 28 years old. I have skin disease from 8 months mere Dono arm joints, neck and face mein white daag ho gaya hai aur khujlata bhi hai. please iska upchaar batayei.
An anal fissure can affect people of all ages, and it’s often seen in infants and young children. Constipation is a common problem in this age group and it is a major cause of this problem.
An anal fissure usually isn’t a serious condition. In most cases, the tear heals on its own within four to six weeks. In cases where the fissure persists beyond eight weeks, it’s considered chronic, or long term.
- A visible tear in the skin around the anus
- A small lump of skin just next to the tear
- A sharp pain in the anal area during bowel movements
- Streaks of blood on stools or on wiping
- Burning or itching around the anus
- Straining during childbirth
- Straining during bowel movements as a result of constipation
- Chronic constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Overly tight anal sphincter muscles
In rare cases, an anal fissure may develop due to:
- Anal cancer which occurs due mostly to ano-receptive sex without barrier protection
- HIV infection
Let’s take a closer look at these risk factors.
- Anal fissures are common in infants and young kids. Older adults also become prone to anal fissures as the blood flow to the anorectal region decreases.
- Women also become prone to these fissures due to straining during childbirth.
- The inflammation that occurs in the intestinal lining in people with IBD makes the tissue around the anus more prone to tearing, further causing fissures.
- People who frequently experience constipation are at an increased risk for fissures. Also, one can suffer from fissures due to straining and passing large, hard stools. In both these cases, one may experience tears in the anal lining.
- Frequent diarrhea can also tear the skin around the anus and so can ano-receptive sex without protection. This can lead to sexually transmitted diseases like genital herpes, HIV/AIDS and infection with HPV virus which causes anal cancer.
Treatment usually helps control anal fissures and the discomfort it causes. Your doctor will prescribe stool softeners and topical pain relievers to stem discomfort. However, if these do not make your anal fissure go away then surgery may be required. And in addition to this, your doctor will also need to look for other underlying causes that can cause anal fissures like for example anal cancer.
- An anal fissure can be diagnosed by simple physical exam. The doctor looks at the area around your anus and follows it up with a rectal exam to confirm the diagnosis.
- This can mean the use of an anoscope. In this, the doctor inserts an anoscope into your rectum to be able to see the anal tear.
- An anoscope is a thin tube and it allows doctors to inspect the anal canal. An anoscope is also used to diagnose other causes of anal or rectal pain such as hemorrhoids or piles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
1 month before my wife was suffering from breast clot as my 3 month baby was not taking feed from that side due to this now the size of breast is smaller than the other .is this a big issue As my wife is afraid because of its size will it come in it normal or she have to go dermatologists. Please help with your suggestion Thank you.
I have skin problem & the dark spot on my skin will increase what I do please tell me tips & which medicine I use.
How do I get rid of a tan line? It is because of the turban I wear. Please suggest something? Thankyou:)
My agr is 20 meri eyz bilkul andr ghusi hui h and dark circles b h. please suggest something effective.
Hie I am 26 years and I have some pigmentation on my face its not that dark but not that light also. Can you help me how to get a rid of it.
Razor bumps are also known as ingrown hairs, they are small bumps on your skin. These usually happen when some small strands of hair curl back after you shave and grow on your skin. Razor bumps can cause pimples and irritation along with scarring.
Treatment of razor Bumps:
You have to stop shaving in order to treat razor bumps. If the option to stop shaving is not feasible then you have to use a clean needle for removing the hair shaft when you come across the formations of bumps on your face. This may stop the growth of razor bumps. But you should keep in mind that razor bumps return after you start shaving. Severe razor bumps can be treated only with the help of creams like tretinoin and antibiotics.
Razor Bumps from other hair removal methods:
Razor bumps can occur from other hair removal methods like waxing and plucking. But you can get rid of razor bumps if you decide to remove hair permanently with the help of laser treatment and electrolysis. Some hair removal products like depilatories can cause irritations on your skin if not razor bumps.
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
Some of the tips to prevent razor bumps are given below:
- Using a thicker shaving gel when you shave.
- Try to use an electric razor if you are able to adjust to the settings.
- Use a good quality moisturizing cream after you shave.
- Avoid stretching your skin when you shave and use the razor in the direction of the growing hair along with fewer strokes of razor.
- You should soften your hair with water and mild soap before you shave.
- Try to use a single blade razor with good quality pre shaving oil and after shave lotion to reduce razor bumps to improve your shaving experience.
- Aloe Vera is a traditional home remedy for razor bumps which you should try.
Risks of razor bumps:
You are at a risk of razor bumps if you have spiral or tightly curled strands of hair. In any other circumstances anybody can get razor bumps which can be taken care of with proper techniques. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.