Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv R. BalanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, My son 8 years old because of cough we went Dr. advice report in the reports wbctotal22.6 neutrophils 79 lymphocytes 13 why this high low what is reason for this from food climate please tell me.
She is my grand daughter and very healthily born. Recently she suffered with cold and consulted a physician in USA, where they are living now, near Sanfransisco, California. She was advised nebulizer as and when she gets wheezing. Please clear whether she is safe or not, or may lead to Asthma, which is hell of a disease. Kindly clear my doubt.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
What You Need to Know About Clubfoot?
Clubfoot most often presents at birth.
Clubfoot is caused by a shortened Achilles tendon, which causes the foot to turn in and under.
Clubfoot is twice as common in boys.
Treatment is necessary to correct clubfoot and is usually done in two phases — casting and bracing.
Children with clubfoot should be able to take part in regular daily activities once the condition is treated.
What is clubfoot?
Clubfoot is a foot deformity classified into three different types: idiopathic (unknown cause), neurogenic (caused by condition of the nervous system) and syndromic (related to an underlying syndrome).
Also known as talipes equinovarus, idiopathic clubfoot is the most common type of clubfoot and is present at birth. This congenital anomaly is seen in one out of every 1,000 babies, with half of the cases of club foot involving only one foot. There is currently no known cause of idiopathic clubfoot, but baby boys are twice as likely to have clubfoot compared to baby girls.
Neurogenic clubfoot is caused by an underlying neurologic condition. For instance, a child born with spina bifida A clubfoot may also develop later in childhood due to cerebral palsy or a spinal cord compression.
Syndromic clubfoot is found along with a number of other clinical conditions, which relate to an underlying syndrome. Examples of syndromes where a clubfoot can occur include arthrogryposis, constriction band syndrome, tibial hemimelia and diastrophic dwarfism.
What are the signs and symptoms of clubfoot?
In a clubfoot, the Achilles tendon is too short, causing the foot to stay pointed — also known as “fixing the foot in equinus.” The foot is also turned in and under. The bones of the foot and ankle are all present but are misaligned due to differences in the muscles and tendons acting on the foot.
What are the risk factors of clubfoot?
Foot imbalance due to clubfoot may be noticed during a fetal screening ultrasound as early as 12 weeks gestation, but the diagnosis of clubfoot is confirmed by physical exam at birth.
The treatment for clubfoot consists of two phases: Ponseti serial casting and bracing. Treatment is always necessary, because the condition does not get better with growth.
Ponseti Serial Casting
The Ponseti technique of serial casting is a treatment method that involves careful stretching and manipulation of the foot and holding with a cast. The first cast is applied one to two weeks after the baby is born. The cast is then changed in the office every seven to 10 days. With the fourth or fifth cast, a small in-office procedure is also needed to lengthen the Achilles tendon. This is done using a local numbing medicine and small blade. Afterward, the baby is placed into one last cast, which remains on for two to three weeks.
Bracing for Clubfoot
While the casting corrects the foot deformity, bracing maintains the correction. Without bracing, the clubfoot would redevelop. The day the last cast is removed, the baby is fit in a supramalleolar orthosis with a bar. These braces are worn 23 hours a day for two months, then 12 hours a day (naps plus nighttime) until kindergarten age.
Life after Treatment of Clubfoot
A well-corrected clubfoot looks no different than a normal foot. Sports, dance and normal daytime footwear are the expectations for a child born with a clubfoot. This condition will not hold a child back from normal activities.
Hello Doctor! I am 17 year old girl. I sometimes urinate on bed unconsciously even on periods. After getting wet, I realise I have drenched. I daily use to urinate till I was in 5th class. I have observed I mostly urinate when its cold. I am going to my relatives. I am afraid of drenching their bed. Please help.
I have 4 month baby. My home elders always playing with my baby face to face. Some times some sores are seen her chin. Is it the reason? I am hesitate to tell to don't do it to them. It will infected to my baby.
I have twins boy born on 12/12/2014. but one of them is week from birth time. Now its weight is 6 kg and mitrajan's weight is 9kg. We test his blood and hemoglobin is found 7% only.He toilet 3 to 4 time in a day in liquid-solid form. So he don't get enough energy from food. Kindly help me.
I have a boy baby. He is 13 month old we put up in Bangalore. Last two weeks ago he came from Coimbatore. Earlier he was in Coimbatore. Then last Sunday night onwards he have fever we giving paracetamol 125p. But still he have a fever. What medicine we need to give. Then what is the reason fever not yet to cure.
My daughter had diaper rashes at the age of 7 months. I had applied ointment candid b as prescribed by her doctor. Then it turned into white skin patches just like vitiligo. Is there any treatment for it.
Hi, My daughter is 8 years old and she is too adamant and not at all listening to us these days. As she is only child we ourselves gave her of freedom initially before 5 years and get whatever she wants. But it came back to us now. That too, My husband will be out of station most of the times and handling my daughter being working mother is too difficult and it is very hard for me to try different things to calm down her. Also, she is behaving in the same way in public and keep up on crying. I have avoided these days to go out these days. Not even one day w came back home in happy mood. She will be very good and suddenly, she will tell that my legs are paining and will start to cry. I will try a lot top convince her but she will not. Do not know how to proceed and her studies is also getting affected because of this. Please tell me some ways to handle her or do we need to consult doctor?
Hi I have a son who is 13 months old his leg is curved some doctors saying it's normal he will get its own shape later on cuz he started walking at early stage is it true or should I consult a doc.
My daughter (infant) 18 months baby having a fever from past 5 days, after consulting doctor we are giving her iron supplement just two days back. But still fever is not reduced, every 4 hours we are giving medicine as per doctor strict ion, please suggest to reduce my daughter fever.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.