Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv JoshiYour feedback matters!
I am losing hairs so quickly. I had used all the shampoo bt it doesn't word. My hairs are dry nd so frizzy. I want some ideas to get freedom from this type of hairs. Pllzzz snd me some ideas.
Sir! I have skin problem. In winter season my skin of my legs and hands becomes dryness. Mostly skin of legs becomes scratch type. Even sometimes were little bleeding too. I am in very big problem with it in winter season. Sir! Please do something for me.
Why hairfall is caused? How To Prevent Hair Loss on The Side Of Scalp? Do Hair Style and Diet Affect Hair Loss? And How to Regain Lost Hair?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I am suffering from hair loss especially above forehead. So I need permanent solution for hair loss.
1. Massage your scalp twice weekly preferably with coconut oil or badam oil twice weekly to improve microcirculation to hair roots. If dont like to apply oil even gentle scalp massaging will help.
2. Use mild shampoo and conditioner 2-3times weekly.
3. Before shampooing coomb your hair to remove dirt and dead cells from scalp.
4. After shampooing rinse your hair with luke warm water.
5. Let your hair dry naturally, avoid using blow dryer or hot rollers as much as possible.
6. After wash, first dry your hair with towel and then gently detangle with wide toothed comb.
7. Dont tie your hair too tightly. It may break or damage your hair.
8. Dont sleep with damp or wet hair, this may weaken hair strands.
9. Regularly comb your hair before going to bed.
10. Get your hair trimmed regularly to eliminate split ends.
11. Avoid excessive preming, crimping, straightening and curling to prevent hair damage.
12. Avoid bleaching or colouring hair to prevent roughness and brittleness
13. Protect your hair from exposure to excessive sunlight.
14. Eat balanced diet with right amount of nutrients and more of green leafy vegetables and fruits
15. Exercise daily for increased blood flow to scalp which promotes healthy and shiny hair.
16. Practice yoga meditation to reduce stress.
17. Dont self medicate always consult dermatologist for proper treatment and advice.
I have used acnes soap and clindamine ointment but no use of them. Pls suggest better medicines for me.
Why Are Young Men Going Bald?
Are Despite the development of new upcoming hair loss treatment , products, therapies.Why are so many men balding in their 20's?
Premature balding is turning out to be more of a trend than rarity. And the way we live our lives has more to do with it than genes.
Presently, an American study says two third of men face hair loss by the age of 35, and a bad genetic hand is often to blame. Men are progressing towards baldness as early as in their 20's and that s leap from our father's generation that hoped to walk into their 40's with a full crop of hair.
Is heredity (genes) are the only reason ??
Though the hereditary (genetic) reason is one of the major factors behind balding . But, these genes don't kick so early in life. Research says male pattern baldness due to genetic factor starts by the age of 40.
In the present world, there are lot many other reasons, that accelerate the permanent loss of hair. Four main enemies are stress, poor nutrition, pollution n vices.
First and foremost is:
1. STRESS: Level is rising day by day n people are not able to cope up with the level of stress these days. It can cause hair fall, thinning, the impaired growth of follicles . While genetic plays a key role in balding , a stressful lifestyle can play a havoc.
But, this is in our control. Opt for stress management techniques. Indulge in the morning walk, yoga, dancing.
2. IMPROPER DIET:
Bad diet, junk food, food faddism is responsible for thinning. This causes lack of essential nutrients in the body.
We are all we eat, drink, breathe everything you do can affect hair follicle directly or indirectly .
3. SMOKING: Smoking causes oxygen deprivation in body n indirectly damages the hair follicle . Also, nicotine hampers blood flow and retard the growth of the follicle.
Alcohol intake also affects hair follicle. Moderate alcohol intake does not damage much but regular guzzlers are at risk. Alcohol decreases iron n zinc absorption , causes dehydration . And the hair is almost water, so excessive alcohol intake will leave it brittle.
4. LIFESTYLE: Undisciplined life, lack of sleep triggers hormonal changes in the male body . These hormone cause suppression of the hair follicle.
5. CHEMICAL EXPOSURE: Use of excess hair care products , styling treatment, straightening, too much shampooing can weaken hair shaft.
So, genetically is not in our control. The silver lining is that we can control factors and delay balding.Understand your body, what signal body is trying to give you.