Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am from mumbai I have back pain during working hour or home as well so please suggest how reduce my back bone pain.
I am 47 with a cervical problem. In monsoons I wake up each morning with a stiff neck and heaviness in the crown of the head. Please advise.
My leg bones below knees are always paining. If I stand for a long times. And if I press it then also it is paining. Plsss tell me which medicines should I use. And solution of this problem.
I am 17 years old girl and I get I severe backache if I sit forvmore than 2 hours without support. please suggest what do I do?
I am 68 years male. Feel lack of strength, flexibility,balance. And pain below heel. May kindly help me.
I have recently started long-distance running. From the past 15 days, I am feeling a mild pain in calf muscles of my left leg. This is a continuous pain. The left leg feels heavy and this is restricting me from further running. What should I do to get rid of this problem?
My mother age 45 she is suffering for the initial stage of arthritics problem in the right leg. Dr. prescribed some medicine but I want to confirm from your side that shall my mom will continue the medicine. 1. GEMIDRO TAB2. WILLGO TAB3. PENTOMED D CAP4. CYVIT CAP5COLLAFLEX SACHET.
I have ankle pain from 5 years mainly in winter or cold air even in ac I can not sit without wearing warm socks. What should I do ?
I am 23 year old, since from 2 years I am getting neck pain, I met so many doctors and took medicine, but still pain is there, so please help me and give some advise.
Sir there is pain and sound in my knee joint since last month I have consult doctor and advised for blood uric acid test the result is 7.0 mg. What I have to do for best medicine please advise me.
My mother (Age 51, weight 69 kg) has osteoarthritis and the synovial fluid of the right knee (Arthritis grade 4) is nearly gone but the bones of the left leg started to bend and paining more severe from 2 month on wards. And BMD results shows osteoporosis (T-Score = -4.06) (Z Score = -2.63) but uric acid and serum calcium is normal. She also has mild diabetes and High BP (140/80). Should we go for the knee replacement surgery or is there any alternative of this surgery? And Can knee replacement surgery successful in osteoporosis bones?
25 years old female having problem with left leg above the knee; becomes senseless and experiencing pain.
My husband is having issues with his back. I know it's chronic back pain but his symptoms are tight/stiffness in lower back when laying flat and getting out of bed, painful to twist, bend and lift, sitting and standing starts hurting at about 10-15 minutes, needs to constantly change positions when sitting standing or laying down, lower lumbar feels week, constant sharp pain.
I have pain in my legs especially near the lower portion of the body & a crack sound also comes from my knees. What should I do? My age is 48 years?
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a degenerative disease that progresses over time. It generally affects the fingers, feet, wrists, and ankles. It causes immobility due to inflammation and stiffness as well as severe pain. This is an autoimmune disease where the body mistakenly ends up attacking the joints instead of attacking bacteria and other substances as it normally should. Severe cartilage damage can be caused if this condition is not treated on time, which can make the spacing between the bones even smaller than usual.
Let us find out how one can tackle this condition.
- Rest: While there is still no cure for this condition, one can take a number of measures in order to tackle it. One of the foremost ways of managing this condition is with the help of rest and relaxation. It is important to get plenty of sleep so that you can keep the condition from getting worse. There are a number of relaxation exercises that will help you in sleeping better, especially if you have been having trouble sleeping due to the aches and pains.
- Exercise: Depending on the doctor’s recommendations, you will need to exercise on a regular basis so as to keep the motion in your joints intact for as long as possible. Muscle and joint strengthening exercises include swimming, walking, and even gentle stretching that can help in reducing muscle fatigue. This can make your muscles stronger and increase the range of motions as well.
- Ointments and Lotions: One can turn to gels and lotions which can be topically applied. These can be prescribed by the doctor as well, so that the pain is soothed and temporary relief from pain and stiffness may be experienced. These are also available in the form of sprays. These ointments, gels or lotions usually contain camphor, menthol, capsaicin and salicylates.
- Fish Oil Supplements: Pain and stiffness can be significantly reduced with the help of fish oil, as per many medical studies. Before adding fish oil supplements to your food, you will need to talk to your orthopaedic specialist to find out if it may interfere with any medication that you may be taking for the condition or any other related disorder.
- Plant Oils: Plant oils are also known to contain fatty acids known as gamma linolenic acid, which can give much relief when it comes to pain and stiffness, especially in the morning. One must remember, though, that excessive use of this oil can lead to liver damage. So it is imperative to speak with your doctor or therapist before taking any plant oils.
- Medications: Aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can help in containing the pain and inflammation for severe cases.