Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajeswariYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old and I have skin allergy from last 1.5 Year and also I do treatment from Dr. Batra but not found any relief. What should I do now?
How I can decrease my fat in cutting in my diet? And how can I increase my fairness and remove marks of pimples.
I have black spots fungus on my back and I am using kens lotion la1-0-0 as a doctor recommendation so is it worth using this lotion?
O have black spot as well as pimples on my face. I used fair and lovely cream for 1 month but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have my skin black and I take some treatment for my skin to become white, but there is no response on that please help me.
Razor bumps are also known as ingrown hairs, they are small bumps on your skin. These usually happen when some small strands of hair curl back after you shave and grow on your skin. Razor bumps can cause pimples and irritation along with scarring.
Treatment of razor Bumps:
You have to stop shaving in order to treat razor bumps. If the option to stop shaving is not feasible then you have to use a clean needle for removing the hair shaft when you come across the formations of bumps on your face. This may stop the growth of razor bumps. But you should keep in mind that razor bumps return after you start shaving. Severe razor bumps can be treated only with the help of creams like tretinoin and antibiotics.
Razor Bumps from other hair removal methods:
Razor bumps can occur from other hair removal methods like waxing and plucking. But you can get rid of razor bumps if you decide to remove hair permanently with the help of laser treatment and electrolysis. Some hair removal products like depilatories can cause irritations on your skin if not razor bumps.
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
Some of the tips to prevent razor bumps are given below:
- Using a thicker shaving gel when you shave.
- Try to use an electric razor if you are able to adjust to the settings.
- Use a good quality moisturizing cream after you shave.
- Avoid stretching your skin when you shave and use the razor in the direction of the growing hair along with fewer strokes of razor.
- You should soften your hair with water and mild soap before you shave.
- Try to use a single blade razor with good quality pre shaving oil and after shave lotion to reduce razor bumps to improve your shaving experience.
- Aloe Vera is a traditional home remedy for razor bumps which you should try.
Risks of razor bumps:
You are at a risk of razor bumps if you have spiral or tightly curled strands of hair. In any other circumstances anybody can get razor bumps which can be taken care of with proper techniques.
Hello doctor, Suggest me a good cream for skin whitening. I have been using kojivit cream for a month, but still there is no improvement in my skin tone. Suggest a skin whitening cream please.
Younger and youthful look is something everyone aspires to have. However, with growing age fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear. And it is just not age, stress also is a big contributor today to fine lines, making one look much older than they actually are.
Cosmetic technology has advanced phenomenally over the years to fix these issues in no downtime. Now, people can attain the youthful appearance through procedures that do not require a person to go under the knife, and thus are considered safer. However, the rider here is that these need to be performed only by trained professionals.
Botox is one of the inventions of modern science that has not only helped in dealing with the elimination of lines and signs of aging, but has many other medical benefits in treating multiple health conditions, including migraine, urinary incontinence and eye squints.
Botox's contribution to making one look younger is remarkable. A Botox injection takes a short time to administer and fixes fine lines conveniently and non-invasively.
- Fights Wrinkles: Botox can be used for static as well as dynamic wrinkles in order to make the skin appear more firm. Dynamic wrinkles are the lines that appear only where there is certain facial motion like furrowing the eyebrows and laughing. These can show up as fine lines of the forehead, wrinkled skin between the eyebrows, crow's feet and laugh lines, to name a few. The more prominent kinds of wrinkles are known as static wrinkles which are visible at all times, irrespective of the expression that a person might be wearing. These can be seen as lines that remain etched across the face even when the face is at rest.
- Stops spread of static wrinkles: While Botox can help in freezing the movement of the skin when a person is laughing or crying so that the lines and wrinkles do not appear, it also prevents further spread and deepening of the static wrinkles.
- Areas of face and neck where Botox is used: Botox is primarily administered in the forehead region as it is most effective in curbing the appearance of shallow static lines and other dynamic wrinkles in this area. But a skilled hand can also apply Botox in other areas of the face for firm looking skin. It can be used for treatment of forehead lines, crow's feet or lines around eyes, correction of droop in eye brows, droops at angle of lips, correction of lines in the neck, and to achieve slimmer and well defined jawline.
- Results: The results of Botox treatment lasts for 4-6 months and needs to be re-administered in order to be effective.
There is only one thing to take of: That all these indications for Botox usage in cosmetic dermatology must be done by a skilled and trained dermatologist.
Meri jib k upar chale hote rehte h har 15 din baad iska kya reason h jabki mai fresh bhi bilkul sahi hota hun daily orr paani bhi 8 se 10 glass pi leta hu ek din me fir b aisa kyon.Pleae tell.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.