Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh SwamiYour feedback matters!
I am my beautiful face is to bad some dust problem please give me some lotions names I will use that improve my face levels.
Hi I'm a male I have use many face wash for my oily face but it's still oily and didn't work for my oily face suggest me or tel me the best face wash for oily skin or for my oily face please help me please.
What is the difference between white heads and blackheads? How to get rid of it as it enlarge pores.
Skin is becoming very dry. Arm, legs are very dry. It seems upper layer of skin is peeling off. I am taking syndopa110 for parkinson. Is it due to any sideeffect of any medicine? What should I do to cure this dryness?
I have a skin problem in my face in winters every year my face skin becomes dry and it feels rough while touching the dry rough patch on my face. There comes some white dry rough patches on my face what should I do? PleaSe help.
I am 22 years old ,i am having black spot on my face from last 3 years, It's because of I used a cream to vanish pimples, that get affected and my skin get burned. It made dark black spot. What would be the solution to remove.
Actually last year my wife's curating we had done. From that times her tummy getting bigger. And also we don't have baby. Married in 2013.
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.
The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.
One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.
This may happen due to,
- Continuous friction from clothing
- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed
- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees
- Resting on the knees for long periods of time
- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentation
There are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
- Cleansing or exfoliating - Dead skin cells may build up in layers and cause the darkening of the knees and, thus, it is important to regularly exfoliate or scrub with a gentle soap. In mild cases, this alone can take care of the problems of dark knees.
- Using lemon juice - Applying lemon juice 2 times daily for a few days regularly will reduce the dark areas and lighten the skin.
- Moisturizing the skin - Applying a moisturizer regularly on the skin will keep it hydrated and also help in reducing dead skin cells piling up. This will prevent and also lessen the darkening of the skin on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.
Related Tip: 5 Acts That Can Rid You of Dark Circles