Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh ShahYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend and me have sex last night. Unfortunately I didn't use any protection like condom. please help me how can stop my girlfriend's pregnancy. please sir. The age of my girlfriend is 17 years any my age is 16 years.
My wife is 29 week pregnant. Doctor s said she is less in weight and also they said baby weights is only for 22 weeks. Old tell me how to increase the weight.
How much chance of side effects of abortion kit and which kit is best for 18 or 17 years old girl in india.
Hey sir, My girlfriend had I pill 9 pm yesterday and we had unprotected sex at 8 AM this morning. Should she go for another I pill.
Mam, In my right breast, it seems lumps, it remains there for more than 5 yrs, it doesn't pains me. Suggest if mammography is required.
I am thirty seven year old, married having three children. Having bulky uterus size 13.5 and facing heavy bleedings and sufferer of pain at left side of uterus. Please suggest me.
It's been 7 months from my marriage. And I have never used any precaution nor my wife take any pills. But she has not conceived yet. What should we do? Any suggestions?
Sleep disorders are problems in the pattern of sleep of an individual, often leading to a serious mental, physical and psychological strain. The most common types of sleep disorders are:
- Insomnia: People suffering from insomnia usually display symptoms like difficulty in falling asleep, waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to get back to sleep or waking up feeling tired.
- Sleepwalking: People suffering from this disorder get up and walk around, being asleep all this time.
- Narcolepsy: People suffering from narcolepsy usually complain of overwhelming drowsiness after waking up and the drowsiness persists throughout the day.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: Patients suffering from this, generally experience a state where their breathing pauses for a while and resumes after few seconds. This usually happens when throat muscles block the airway and create problems.
Homeopathy offers several treatments for these disorders and they are:
- Using Nux Vomica: This is especially helpful in case of insomnia; it can help in recovering from a general state of sleeplessness.
- Using Coffea cruda: Sleep disturbance and waking up in the middle of the night are symptoms for which this medicine proves to be beneficial.
- Belladonna: Bad dreams of deep-lying insecurities that don't let the patient sleep are most common symptoms that can be treated by this. Belladonna helps in case of problems of consistent sleep.
- Stramomium: It is beneficial for sleepwalking and also proves to be helpful to an extent in case of sleep apnea.
- Aconite: Especially, helpful for patients suffering from narcolepsy as it reduces the onset of tiredness brought about by lack of sleep and thus, helps in recovering from the drowsiness and lack of activity that narcolepsy brings.
- Phosphorus: Helps in case of sleepwalking and is often beneficial in cases of insomnia too.
- Pulsatilla: Beneficial for obstructive sleep apnea by reducing the muscle constriction and for people suffering from acute cases of narcolepsy.
- Arsenicum: It helps with better sleep for people suffering from sleeplessness due to anxiety, fear or worry. Acute thirst of water coupled with lack of sleep past midnight and general drowsiness are the symptoms that you need Arsenicum. This works well for sleepwalking patients too.
- Valerianna: Especially, beneficial for sleepwalking patients. Patients who are only able to sleep towards the morning are the ones on whom this works well and this can be taken in herbal capsule form as well.
I m 28yrs old trying to conceive from last year but not succeed right now am on att for lymph node tuberculosis. Otherwise no problem in both of us. Please advise.
My mother is 41+. She is having a problem for past 2 months. She is bleeding in the mid of her periodical cycle. Even she bleeds every time she is having intercourse for 10 to 15 mnts. And then it stops automatically. Am very worried about her. Can it be the problem of cervical cancer. Please help.
I am 25 yrs, married female suffering from Polycystic Ovary, Irregular Hormonal Problem & Lower Abdominal Pain since 6 months.
My wife getting irregular periods after did d and c on may 2015 we have checked thyroid, the test shows normal what is the reason for this?
Hi please suggest who are the best Dr gynecologist for my wife for pregnancy purpose. Last 4 and half years she under treatment but till now no result all test complete and all reports are good but Dr don't say what is the main problem. .please suggest me .Thanks. .
Early to bed and early to rise, makes one healthy, wealthy and wise. We have all heard this age old adage since time immemorial. Yet, how many of us actually adhere to it? Staying up late and waking up even later has become a lifestyle problem that many of us have succumbed to. It has become common to hear people complaining that they simply cannot make it out of bed on time. This can lead to various health problems in the long run.
So what are the health advantages of rising early. Read on to find out more!
- Healthier Appetite: When you wake up early, you have given your body a six to eight hour period of fasting time, which has been recommended by doctors for ages now. This basically helps the body in asking for the right food at the right time, which creates a healthy appetite and healthy food intake as a consequence. When you wake up early, you eliminate healthy eating because you end up grabbing whatever it is that can quell the ravenous hunger that you feel after prolonged hours of sleep.
- Depression: People who wake up early are generally less prone to depression. A medical study has also shown that there are definite links between the tendency to hit the bed late and depression. It is a well known fact that a lack of routine can lead to a state of imbalance in the mind and body. This can also have an adverse effect on the hormonal balance of the person and lead to depression and mental conditions along the same lines.
- BMI: People who wake up early and work their way into the day with proper meals and eating habits tend to have a more balanced BMI. A healthy BMI is where you weight is appropriate for your height. This may differ for men and women with the same height.
- Exercise: When you wake up late, you actually have that much more of catching up to do, which can lead to grogginess and sudden jerks to the nerves and neurotransmitters as well as the signals that they emanate. All this has a profound effect on the amount of time that we allot for other activities like exercise, which can help one destress even as it keeps us healthy.
From being more sedentary to leading a lifestyle where eating right is the last priority, the lives of those who wake up late seems to be bereft of a proper life rhythm. Waking up early leaves people with the energy to pursue a little bit of everything for a balanced day and life, in the long run.
Recently I have done USG of whole abdomen. Result shown that enlarged ovary with suggestive chocolate cysts. One cyst in each ovary. Right oavry measures 3.8 cm x 4.2 cm and left one measures 2.7 cm x 4.4 cm. Pouch of Douglas is free written. No ascites and lymphadenopathy is seen. No size of the cyst is mentioned in report. Can the cyst be cured with medicine?
Sir my lover want to suck my penis .shall we enjoy .and for she don't have any HIV diseases .for me also don't have any problems like HIV .while we enjoy like sucking .did we get HIV r AIDS sir. Plzz help me.
We are planning a baby. And my wife is having body temperature nausea knee pain etc for the past 14 days. But she has had her period yesterday but the bleeding has stopped now along with the lower abdomen pain. So whats the chance of pregnancy confirmation? Shall we go for a pregnancy test via kit or blood test? Please guide.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.