Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh S ShethYour feedback matters!
I was very handsome and fair in my childhood but I as I aged, I started to look ugly and my skin became dull and dark with acne and scars. Can I regain that complexion back again? Thank You.
Keep yourself hydrated as much as possible.Drink plenty of water.10- 12 glasses daily.
Hello myself 23 years old am getting marriage in September my problem is unwanted facial and body hair and I have lots of hair on my breast stomach tights and legs I want to permanently rid of from this problem before my marriage and I dont have enough money to take laser treatment so can you please suggest me Ayurveda permanent medicine fr this problem.
I have a hairfall problem. I visited many dermatologist but still no results. My scalp gets very oily. Suppose if I bath in morning my scalp would get very oily by night. Any medicines to prevent hairfall and oily scalp.
I want ky hair growth increase from forehead. They do not grow properly there or in oter words. Ud gaye. Please help.
Since a few days offensive smell is coming from. My inner thighs. It's only when I put my finger there and smell I get a very repulsive odor Last time. I removed hair from there I used a used shaving blade which was dipped in dettol solution for few minutes. Before that I used very fair remover. There is little reddening in a portion of scrotum Sac. There is itching. And burning sensation sometime. Please tell me certain natural ways to get rid of this problem.
Hello sir this is Prem and my age is 22 years and I m facing the hair loss since last 8 months and I haven't got the solution to reduce that.
I am a 30 ye old man and I am suffering from allergy from 2 days. I have applied ointments also but there is no use of them so what to do.
I am over 19. But there is barely any facial hair growth except few on my lower jaw. What should I do?
Lybrate | Dr. Shikha Chopade speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Hi doctor. I live in kolkata. I have an uneven fairness. I have tried many beauty products but all in vain. Could you please suggest me some medicines? And do I need a chemical peeling?
I m losing hair quickly kindly suggest me a vitamin and a gud shampoo coz I also have too much dandruff.
Endometriosis is a painful condition where the endometrium tissue lining the walls of the uterus, grows as implants outside the womb of the patient. This can lead to a number of painful conditions and is often considered as a common cause behind severe pelvic pain, as far as women are concerned. Here is all you need to know about Endometriosis and pelvic pain:
- Painful Menstruation: Depending on the stage of the condition, the implants could remain on the surface or go deeper into the ovaries which may cause acute and severe problem during ovulation as well as the menstrual cycles. This is one of the symptoms that one must not ignore. If you are having painful cramps that affect the pelvic area and the abdomen, and if these cramps last throughout the duration of the cycle, then there are strong chances that you are experiencing the pain that comes with Endometriosis.
- Pain During and After Intercourse: While there are many reasons why women may face pain during intercourse, it may be noted that vaginal and pelvic pain that come during and after intercourse could point towards the presence of Endometriosis which is causing irritation and discomfort due to the implants.
- Bowel Movements and Urination: Usually, pelvic pain may trickle down to and also get activated by the bowels when there is a motion as well as urination. This is a common problem that can cause pain which spreads throughout the region if the patient is suffering from Endometriosis.
- Bloating and Other Symptoms: When the abdomen and nearby regions face bloating due to the implants and their painful spread, the pelvic region as a whole bears the brunt in terms of severe pelvic pain. The bloating and other symptoms like loose motions and constipation can also create pain in the abdomen and pelvic region on a persistence basis. Sharp pains may also shoot up and down the lower back due to such symptoms which should not be ignored if they do not abate within a few days.
- Misdiagnosis: Many times, the bloating and pelvic pain may be linked with pelvic inflammatory disease which causes pain in the muscles and joints. But if you are having pain in the abdomen as well as problems during your menstrual cycle, then it may be helpful to have the tests for Endometriosis done as well.
In order to diagnose the condition, the doctor must ensure that proper imaging tests like MRI and CT scans as well as an ultrasound with lab tests based on blood samples have been conducted. The pelvic pain that comes with this condition can be treated with the help of pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.
Medical Treated of Endometriosis-
- Oral contraceptives, progesterone, danazol
- GnRH agonist with add-back
- Alternating GnRH agonist and OCs
- Aromatase inhibitors
The surgical management of endometriosis involves careful consideration of the indications for surgery, surgical techniques, surgeon experience, preoperative evaluation and ancillary techniques.
Surgery may be either 'conservative' or 'definitive'. Conservative surgical management of endometriosis has the goal of restoring normal anatomy and relieving pain. This approach is most often applied to women of reproductive age who wish to conceive in the future or to avoid induction of menopause at an early age. It may involve:
- direct ablation,
- lysis, or excision of lesions,
- interruption of nerve pathways,
- removal of ovarian endometriomas,
- excision of lesions invading adjacent organs (bowel, bladder, appendix, or ureter).
Definitive surgery involves bilateral oophorectomy to induce menopause and may include removal of the uterus and fallopian tubes and, ideally, excision of all visible endometriotic nodules and lesions. It should be considered in women who have significant pain and symptoms despite conservative treatment, do not desire future pregnancies, or are undergoing hysterectomy because of other pelvic conditions, such as menorrhagia or fibroids.