Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh MurudkarYour feedback matters!
What is the correct age for babies to stop breastfeed? does weaning increase weight? best solid food for babies?
How to tackle a hyperactive child of 7 years who lacks concentration but fetches good marks in academics.As a result his mother hits him quite often. How to handle?
I have a 4 weeks baby boy. He des breastfeed. My breast milk is not sufficient. Can I give him lactogen1?
Many patents call a child stubborn if he does not obey instantly. He may be engrossed in a game which he does not want to leave. A child's stubbornness or refusal to cooperate may stem from too many orders,too many demands and the attitude. ' I have said so, and you shall do it. A little laxity will help a lot and the child will cooperate mist of the time if he is not disciplined too much.
Why vaccination of baby is confusing? Which Standard should we follow as Government Schedule and Private Schedule are different.
I have a baby girl.At the time of birth her weight was 3 kg. But after that she was not able to digest mother milk. .So doctor sai to stop feeding for some days. I hv stop feeding for 20 days. Then started feeding. But my baby's weight not gaining properly. Now she is of 13 months old and weight is 7.8 kg. Shebis not eating properly. And some days if she eat properly then vomiting due to access food. I think she is not able to digest food. My doctor gas given medicine SP LYCIN for weight gain.Should I continue that drops for long time? I also want to know How much weight should be for a baby girl at 13 months age? What should I give her to eat every day for calories gain? What kind of problem will be there if weight is less?
Cect chest reveals small fibrosis lesions in both fields with subcentimeter sized lymphnoed in mediastinum, indicating sequelae of previous infective pathology.
Dear Doctor I ve 4 months and 20 days old baby till date I ve been giving oly breast milk I have to join office in two days I feel so guilty about it, am planning to express my milk and feed baby when am not at home, is it good to feed my milk storing in fridge, am really so guilty about it. Please help me to over come my guilty or is there anything that I can do?
My daughter age is 18 month And 05 days. When his age is 6 and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. On dated 01/0/2016 HB% becomes down 10.20% RBC-4.18% and some times we give her nebulizer. Most of the time Runny nose itchy eye and regular cold and fever problem. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4 months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
Hi, Good morning. Can I give chawyanprush to my 4 years old girl? She has cough. From which age it should be given to kids and if I will give then please guide me how many times and the quantity (the number of table spoon at a time. Have a nice day. Waiting for your quick response. It's urgent for me.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.