Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I am 36 years old. My first baby is 6 months old now. Breastfeeding is still going. I want to conceive soon for second baby. Please suggest regarding breastfeeding and how I can know that my body is ready for 2nd baby. I have pcod also.
Right overy of my wife was removed in 2006 Of late she suffers from heavy and continual bleeding. TVS USG reveals that multiple tumors of small size have been created in left ovary as well asuterus. Is removal of overy and uterus is must. Her age is 35 years and has one child of 12 years.
A miscarriage, though heart wrenching, does not imply the end of the world. Unless the miscarriage is an outcome of a serious health complication, there is nothing to lose heart. In fact, many women have had successful pregnancies even after a miscarriage. Barring a few exceptions, a miscarriage during the first pregnancy reduces the chance of a miscarriage during subsequent pregnancies significantly. However, it is best to get your doubts and apprehensions cleared before you try to conceive again. An experienced gynaecologist can assist and guide you better throughout the process.
- A lot of couples wonder about the right time to conceive after a miscarriage. Do not rush into things. Miscarriage can drain out a couple physically, mentally and emotionally. Give your mind and body some time to cope with the loss. Your decision to embrace parenthood should not be influenced by any undue and baseless pressure. Patience and perseverance will make the subsequent pregnancies less stressful. To avoid complications in your next pregnancy, it is best to wait 6 months to 1 year after a miscarriage.
- Do not indulge in sexual intercourse immediately after a miscarriage. This might result in immense pain and vaginal infections. If you experience any discomfort, share it with your partner and the physician concerned. Getting pregnant immediately after a miscarriage will do both the mother and the foetus no good.
- In case of two or more miscarriages, getting to the underlying cause becomes very important. Medical conditions such as Diabetes, Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism), Obesity, Chromosomal aberrations or Infertility often interferes with pregnancy. With timely medical intervention, it is possible to have a healthy and safe pregnancy. To minimise the chances of a miscarriage, pregnant women are given Prenatal Vitamins (Folic Acid in particular).
- A pregnant lady should eat healthy and live healthy. The goodness of fruits and vegetables need no special mention. Regular consumption of fresh vegetables and fruits can do the mother and the developing foetus, a world of good. A healthy diet can lower the instances of a miscarriage greatly.
- Stress and anxiety are a big NO during pregnancy. Relax and try to be happy as much as possible. Go for small walks, read books, listen to music. Proper and sound sleep is extremely important. One can also indulge in light exercise. However, to be on a safer side, exercise under an expert supervision. If you have been to drinking and smoking, quit the unhealthy habits at the earliest.
A miscarriage should not push you into a state of depression. You can still have a normal pregnancy. Know your body well. Take the decision wisely only after a proper consultation with your physician.
Gone are the days when a man is only attracted towards a woman and vice-a-versa. In today's fast changing scenario one can experience physical attraction towards anyone. With the ever widening spectrum of definitions attached to gender and sexuality, we acquaint ourselves with an enormous range of gender notions and understandings pertaining to sexuality. Gone are the days of the water-tight polarities of male and female bodies and their mutual attractions. The society is by and large opening up to the possibility of sexual attractions besides and beyond the normative bounds of heterosexuality or so we hope.
One of the most significant struggles of contemporary times is the quest for acceptance and acknowledgement of queer identities and breaking all the discriminatory stigmas attached to them. While one cannot really be inveigled into advocating one form of sexuality over the other, the main argument of the movement is to allow anyone and everyone to freely express and exercise their sexual affinities and identities beyond the restrictions of sex, gender, class, caste, race or any such constructed categories.
Amidst the struggle for championing the cause of free love, there are certain nuances about one's sexuality that have emerged as discrete identities within the larger understanding of the LGBTQ movement.
Among the others, Pansexuality is relatively a more incipient concept.
Unlike bisexuality, which conforms to the conventional gender definitions, i.e male and female and professes attraction to both or either, pansexuality is a more inclusive expression of sexuality wherein one feels attracted to anyone, irrespective of one's sex or gender identity. Pansexuality vouches for strong sexual feelings for those who may not identify with a specific gender and consequently, includes transgender and transsexuals within its purview.
A pansexual is never inhibited or restricted by a person's gender or sex. Initially coined by Sigmund Freud to describe the basis of human interactions in purely sociological terms, the term was later adopted by the LGBTQ activities to describe the group of people whose sexual predispositions were not delineated by gender constructs. For a pansexual, there is a lurking and consistent possibility of getting attracted to anybody at any given situation. Numerous celebrities like Laci Green and Miley Cyrus are explicitly pansexual.
However, the pansexual community is constantly plagued by myriad indignities and disgraces. Many have labelled them debauch and promiscuous while others try to sympathize with them perceiving them as led awry and confused. In fact one of the major misconception with regard to pansexuality is that it is synonymous to bisexuality. Yet others deride this claim by stating that it is merely a modern fad with no genuine basis.
Like it or not, pansexuality is a reality, relevant to a lot of our lives. In fact, it secularized love to an unprecedented extent and really lets nothing come in the way. In a world strewn with hostility, hatred and violence, if a sizeable number wishes to advocate indiscriminate and unhindered love, it surely bodes happiness for all.
I am suffering from pcod and thyroid due to which m facing lot of hairfall I want to knw how long I have to take d treatment for same to prevent hair fall problem.
Dear Doctor, I'm not sure if I'm still pregnant. My Beta HCG on 15th Aug was 726 and on 22nd Aug, it was 1541. My last period was on 22nd June. But I started to bleed past three days not heavy but I need to put a pad. I did a home pregnancy test just to ease my mind it came very dark both the C & T on the home test are dark. But this bleeding is worrying me. Can any one help, am I still pregnant? 22nd or 25th is usually my menstrual date so is it my period I'm not sure as the flow is not heavy. Please reply.
Will it have any side effects to take meftal spas, spasmed and spasmonil pain killers during menses time after marriage.
Hi doctor. My wife is pregnant and in fifth month. Our doctor has recommend duvadilan retard for first six months. Just want to know .is it safe to use this medicine regularly for first six months. Pl. Suggest.
Exams are really tough times for most students irrespective of the level of their preparation. It is natural to get anxious before and during the exam time. Anxiety is a natural state in which people are either uneasy or fearful, depending on the situation that is making them anxious.
Generally, students suffer from anxiety and fear when exam time approaches:
- Forms of ailment: Depending on the medical studies conducted throughout the world, anxiety is divided into the following types:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: People suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder usually feel nervous and anxious. They even experience fear in conducting routine tasks and worry a lot about the same. Students suffering from this anxiety tend to worry a lot during exam time even after knowing that they are fully prepared to take the exam. Usually, the sufferers here are unable to control their worrying.
- Phobias: Phobia refers to the feeling of excessive fear for any particular thing or object or action. Phobia clearly interferes with the normal functioning of the individual and causes the sudden flow of adrenaline through his or her body. People suffering from any kind of phobia tend to avoid the cause or reason for their fear. Students mostly suffer from social phobias when it comes to exams and their performance.
- Panic disorder: Panic Disorders are characterized by quick and intense fear. People suffering from this kind of anxiety disorder are prone to experience panic attacks - the situation that involves periods of intense fear and discomfort along with rapid heartbeat, nausea, shortness of breath and dizziness. Panic Disorder causes its sufferers to develop the anxiety of having panic attacks which further increases the problem.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: People suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder usually feel compelled to act in a certain way which doesn't appear normal to others. The kind of obsessions people feel due to this ailment include checking if a door is locked repeatedly or washing hands again and again, and so on.
Students usually suffer from generic anxiety disorders before and during the exam. An apt amount of anxiety leads to great results as it makes the person serious about his or her goals and focus on the same.
Anxiety is something that everyone suffers from at one or the other point in their life. The levels of suffering can be different from person to person. The major symptoms of anxiety are listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness and unsteadiness
- Trembling or shaking
- Heart palpitations
- Hot flushes or chills
- Fear of going out of control
- Nausea and abdominal distress
Homoeopathy provides amazing treatment in the form of drugs for anxiety and phobia. There are multiple drugs in Homoeopathy for treating anxiety, some of which are listed below. Students can go for any of them and get rid of the exam fear so that they can perform well in their exams:
- Aconitum Napellus
- Arsenicum Album
- Argentum Nitricum
- Ignatia Amara
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Can I experience PMS and still be pregnant. Is pregnancy possible? I have been experiencing lower back and leg pain.
HOMEOPATHY FOR MOTHER AND BABY
Homeopathy is a highly effective and safe system of medicine not only for would-be and expectant mothers but also for babies and children as well. Homeopathic treatment can prepare the would-be mothers body for a healthy start for the foetus. It is easy to administer and is devoid of any harmful side effects. This is the main reason for which women turn to homeopathy when morning sickness, cramps etc affects them in pre-natal period. Moreover the medicines have no nasty taste and easily acceptable to mothers and babies alike. Homeopathy works by stimulating the immune system, resolving problems from within. Homeopathy can provide useful help:
- Before conception
- During pregnancy (anti natal period)
- During childbirth (delivery time)
- After childbirth (post natal period)
The best preparation for a healthy pregnancy and childbirth is before the woman has conceived. Inability to conceive or other difficulties in conceiving are more or less because of some hormonal imbalance. This can often be helped by homeopathy. Tendency to early miscarriage or abortion also has underlying hormonal imbalance and here constitutional homeopathic treatment can make a big difference. Other illnesses hampering conception can also be handled well by homeopathy. Homeopathy heals very gently and deeply from within and can also help with the great sense of loss that accompanies a miscarriage.
During pregnancy (anti natal period)
Women often look towards homeopathy during pregnancy when they are suffering from morning sickness, tiredness and cramps and are looking for a solution that will not harm the unborn child. High blood pressure, oedema, potential diabetes etc can also be helped by homeopathy. During the pregnancy, homeopathy can help to tone the uterus and ensure that the labour and birth go smoothly.
During childbirth (delivery)
Lots of remedies are there to smoothen the delivery process and speed up the recovery process afterwards. There is help for the baby too, if any intervention should have been necessary soon after birth. Rigid os, retained placenta etc can also be helped by homeopathy.
After childbirth (post natal period)
With the arrival of the baby comes a different range of problems. Homeopathic treatment can be useful again when the mother is tired and low. Some babies cry a great deal, which can be very upsetting for the new mother. This can often be helped by homeopathic medicine, which can speed up the recovery from a traumatic birth and calm unsettled babies.
Breast milk is very rich in antibodies and protects the infant from a variety of diseases. Breast milk in the first week after delivery is thin and watery (colostrum) and is richest in antibodies. It should not be avoided on the pretext of not looking milk-like. Mothers who wish to breast-feed their infant are concerned to have a good plentiful milk supply. Homeopathy will help establish a good flow of breast milk and can help to protect the nipples from cracking and soreness. Homeopathy also has excellent and safe medicines for swollen and painful breasts, breast abscesses and other post-childbirth problems. Mild to severe depressions is not uncommon in post-childbirth period. Homeopathic medicines will quickly re-establish normal hormonal balance bringing joy to the mother. Homeopathy heals holistically from within and can help pacify the emotional distress, which accompanies a stillbirth.
Sometimes, a new baby can cause emotional or behavioral problems in older children who are finding it hard to accommodate to the demands a new-arrival makes on the mother and household. In such situations, homeopathy can help restore serenity and equilibrium of the distressed older child bringing peace to the whole family.
Homeopathy is safe, so it is ideal for babies with diarrhoea, nappy-rash, wind colic and sleeping problems. In teething babies, homeopathy can relieve most of their problems. For problems like atopic dermatitis, recurrent cough cold, bronchitis etc, constitutional homeopathic treatment is the best solution.
Homeopathy has remedies to comfort and support mother and baby as well as for all the childhood problems that may arise. Home prescribing can be very rewarding but for chronic conditions professional homeopath’s help should be sought.
Precautions to be taken before 1st time sex n should I use condom and how to know whether girl is virgin or not.
Is it ok to sleep after lunch in the afternoon for 1-2 hrs. Will I put on weight if I take a 1-2 hrs nap in the afternoon?
Is it necessary to sleep on our left hand side. I can't sleep like this. M having habit of sleeping straight. I mean on my back. Whole night i sleep like this from childhood. Nd now on left hand side. I can't manage. please suggest me the right position that make my body comfortable.
1 Avoid spicy food as it can lead to stomach upset which in turn leads to an outpouring of histamine.
2 What trigger allergy it could be food environment and dairy products
3 Obesity also causes allergies excess body fat leads to inflammation.
4 Stress and anxiety leads to decrease immunity which leads to allergic reaction.