Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh GajaraYour feedback matters!
Dr. Whether eating boiled egg is good or bad? Whether it increases my body weight or cholesterol? Please clarify. Thanks.
Hiii, my age is 48 my hdl cholestrol level is 41mg/dl and ldl is 158.4mg/dl so how to control and maintain it ?
MY SISTER IS HAVING PAIN IN THE LOWER PART OF CHEST RIB BONE. IS THERE ANY PROBLEM? She had no injuries over there and she is experiencing pain alot. Help me plz. Help me plz.
I have a chest pain from past 2 years? I don't know what shot of pain it is. Weather it is gastric r something else? Wht should I do?
I am 45 years old. I am suffering for hocm. Doctor has advise tab concor 2.5 once in a day. It is ok.
I am 59 years. I am suffering diabetic, bp, cholesterol from last 6 years. From last six months I am suffering giddiness. I am unable to walk speed. Creating fear to walk. Even I am unable stand straightly. Some times I am getting burning sensation in the stomach later spreading to chest and hands and also sweating. I contacted cardiologist and endocrinologist. It will not related for both pl advise I am loosing my confidence please do the needful advise.
Hello our beloved doctor's I am from hyderabad and I am 22 years old I wants to know about cholesterol (i am daily eating two eags at evening can any harm full effects on my body or it can increase my cholesterol level in next couple of years)
My bp difference between diasotlic & systolic too much--usually 150/72--can this be cured? I have also Mitral valve prolapse gr 2? Suggest what to do?for bp i took sistomate & Clopotab for cholosestral.
Sir, my father was subjected to angioplasty. He is a normal person but there is a block due cholesterol in the artery he is subjected to angioplasty. So is there in risk he faces in future?
I noticed that my heart is pumping so fast regularly. And I see it on my chest means I see my chest to move according to heart beat but I don't have any problem like chest pain and all what is the reason behind this can you please tell me. Thanks.
Cardiomyopathy is a serious heart disease. It is a disease associated with the heart muscle or myocardium. In this disease, the heart muscles get weak and fails to pump blood to the organs of the body. It has several categories. The categorization depends upon the range of factors. In this disease, irregular heartbeat is observed. These irregularities can lead to heart failure or attack or can trigger problems in the valves. It is important to take care of your heart to avoid such a condition. It is also advisable to see a doctor as soon as the symptoms are noticed to avoid greater damage.
Types of Cardiomyopathy
This disease can be divided into four categories. These are as follows:
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: It is the most common type. It occurs at a time when the heart muscle gets too weak to pump blood properly. The muscles of the heart get thinner and weak. In fact, this also leads to the expansion of the heart chambers. In common terms, it is also referred to as enlarged heart. In most cases, this is inherited or caused by some coronary artery disease.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is genetically transferred to the patient. In this condition, the heart walls get thicker and this hinders the smooth flow of blood. It is one of the most common types of Cardiomyopathy.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD): This is a very rare form. It can cause sudden death, especially in young athletes. In this disease, fat and fibrous tissues are responsible for replacing the muscles in the right ventricle. This leads to an abnormal rhythm.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: It occurs as the ventricles of the heart get stiff and are unable to relax. This prevents them from getting filled up with blood. Under this situation, you might have to go for a heart transplant.
- Other Types: Some of the other types include Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (the one which occurs after pregnancy), Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy (happens due to excessive intake of alcohol) and Ischemic Cardiomyopathy.
Treatment of Cardiomyopathy
The treatment of Cardiomyopathy depends upon the extent of damage caused. It might not require treatment if symptoms are not very troublesome or prominent. It may be dealt with certain lifestyle changes, adjustments and medications, in cases those needs to be addressed.
Tips to deal with Cardiomyopathy
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
2. Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
3. Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
4. Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
5. Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
6. Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
7. Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes.
8. Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Workout and exercise on regular basis.
9. Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.