Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh DuugreYour feedback matters!
I am 27 yrs. Old I got married 6 months back. I got regular periods but this month it was late by 4 days and stays only for 2 days and very less flow. Now I am feeling heaviness, pressure and little pain in lower abdomen. Plzz. Help me out why this happens.
Persistent acidity is usually due to reflux of acid from the stomach into the food
pipe. Mild cases of acidity reflux can usually be managed with lifestyle and dietary modifications along with antacids, H2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors.
However, patients in whom lifestyle management along with empirical treatment is unsuccessful or who have symptoms suggestive of complicated diseases should undergo endoscopy to rule out cancer of the food pipe, a condition linked with persistent acidity.
Symptoms that may suggest complicated disease include loss of appetite, loss of weight and difficulty in swallowing food, bleeding and signs of systemic illness.
Lifestyle changes for reflux involve elevation of head and of the body, avoidance of food before sleep and avoidance of food which makes the food pipe valve lax. The examples of such foods include fatty food, chocolates, peppermint and excessive intake of alcohol.
Hurry, worry and curry are the three main factors that cause acidity apart from alcohol and smoking.
People with acidity should consume less of fermented, sour, salty and pungent foods.
I am 60 yr male and suffer from hyperacidity I am diagnosed hbsag positive for several years efficiency level has gone very low. Is there any treatment?
I have a gas problem over a 1 year. I was taking different useless medicine for gas. What should I do?
I am working in night shift from last 13 years. I am suffering from acute gas, acidity and constipation. I have irregular bowel syndrome. Due to this I always have bloated stomach. Please advise.
What happens to your brain when you get black out drunk?
Have you ever awoken after a night of drinking and were clueless about what happened or what you did? Or have you ever been drinking and found yourself in a strange location but had no clue as to how you got there? If any of these episodes of amnesia sounds familiar, then you have experienced an alcohol-induced blackout.
Blackouts occur when alcohol prevents the imprinting of memories from short-term memory to long-term memory.
According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, there are two different types of blackouts (memory loss) induced by alcohol.
- The first is a partial blackout and it usually occurs after you consume a small amount of alcohol eg forgetting what topic you are talking about in the middle of a conversation. With a partial blackout, you may forget information that you know, like your address or phone number, or the names of people whom you know well. When someone offers a missing piece of information, your mind is able to recall what happened during a partial blackout.
- The second type is called a complete alcohol blackout. You may physically be able to function and perform mental tasks but you aren’t your normal self. The ability to make decisions and judge actions is impaired during a blackout. Since you have little or no control over your emotions and impulses during this interval of time, your behavior can be wildly unpredictable. Blackouts can last for a few minutes or up to a week after drinking. During this episode, you are unable to retain any memory. When others try to fill in the blanks, you are completely unable to recall any information.
Blackouts are usually caused by heavy drinking on an empty stomach. Binge drinking (more than 5-6 drinks in a span of few hours) makes your blood alcohol levels rise too rapidly, thus producing a blackout.
Other things you should know about blackouts:
Women are much more susceptible because of differences in how men and women metabolize alcohol. Females also may be more susceptible than males to milder forms of alcohol-induced memory impairments, even when men and women consume comparable amounts of alcohol.
Hence binge alcohol consumption warrants early medical intervention before it leads to permanent memory impairment.
I am a diabetic with range of 115-135 in fasting and 168-185 in pp. At present my bowls is not clear. So what I should do.
I was diagnosed with hyperacidity, which type of foodstuffs should I avoid taking to reduce acidity levels in my body? Please advise.
I have pain in my abdomen from last two week. I usually have less vision since last I get directly contact with the sun. I. Also have loose motion since last I attended a party of my brother marriage anniversary to reduce the the pain I had an Aristozyme though it relived a lot but it again started to pain it also causes anxiety which lead to the tension and depression all time whenever I get into study my head pains a lot and also I could not able to remember any term gor long time.
Gastroparesis is a condition when your stomach feels full and heavy even after it has been more than a couple of hours after meal. Generally, it takes maximum 1 & ½ hours for the stomach to feel empty, but if the time taken for it is more, then this is a condition of gastroparesis. It means there is some change in your normal digestion process.
In this circumstance, the food in your stomach doesn’t digest easily and creates a lump. As a result, you have hard time digesting your food. It also means the nerves connected to the stomach are not functioning well. There are a number of reasons for which you can get gastroparesis.
- Diabetes is one of the most common causes of making you feel fuller.
- Disorders in the nervous system, mainly Parkinson’s disease or cerebral attack can create this problem.
- Some medicines, especially antidepressants or anti-inflammatory in nature and certain painkillers can cause this problem.
Gastroparesis shows a number of symptoms:
- Occasional vomiting as you feel unnecessarily fuller. When you vomit, it gives out chunks of undigested food
- A feeling of nausea
- You feel full after you have eaten very little
- Bloating and pain in your abdomen
- There is alteration in the blood sugar level
- You don’t feel like eating due to loss of appetite
- You lose considerable weight as you don’t eat much
- A possibility of suffering from malnutrition, again due to lack of appetite
How it can be treated?
When you identify the reason for gastroparesis, then treating it becomes easier. If diabetes or nerve disorder is creating the problem, leave it to your doctor to treat. For other causes like lack of appetite, there are some natural ways of treating it.
- Have frequent smaller meals. This way you don’t push yourself to eat much and at the same time, the body doesn’t lack nutrition and energy
- Avoid fibrous fruits
- Avoid high carbohydrate and high fat foods, which takes time to digest
- Intake foods which you can swallow, like soups or stew. They are healthy and are also easy to digest
If the problem still persists, consult your doctor who may prescribe some medicines to stimulate the stomach muscles. They generally have no side-effects. There are some medicines which can control your vomiting and nausea. There are some surgical treatments for gastroparesis, where the doctors place a feeding tube in your small intestine. A gastric venting channel is another option, which helps you to get relief from excessive gas formation in your stomach, thus accelerating the process of digestion.