Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh DuugreYour feedback matters!
He has itching near his anus area today he found little bit blood in tht area its seems like cut so whts this is it piles or something else pls suggestion me thnk you.
There is some pain in my abdomen for last 10 day. Along with nausea and vomiting with head ache. What is the probably diagnosis?
I am diabetic I just came out from the hospital I had food poisoning they gave all the medicines to treat me and make me well but now I feel not comfortable in home I have stomach constipation and I don't know what to do I just need home remedies to go to the toilet.
I am suffering from flatulence for the last few weeks, I just doesn't feel so good with I have taken medicine for gas but its of no use now what should I do?
I am suffering from stomach problems like formation of gas and acidity I do avoid tea and fried foods including fast food I go on walk and still the problem persists please advise.
Is gastric mini bypass surgery completely safe, for type 2 diabetes, what are complications of bariatric surgery.
A 58 years female with h/o chronic abdominal pain past Parndial, suspect c/o mesenteric ischemia, CECT abdomen pelvis with angiography shows: 1) diffuse atherosclerosis changes in abdominal aorta. 2), well defined osteolytic tension with polka dot appearance in multiple lumber vertebral bodies (L2, L3 and L4) s/o hemangioma. Please suggest the treatment. BP 140/90 sugar-NIL Conditions: stomach pain after having food. And before having good feels too much nervous.
Hi Doctor, From past 3-4 days, I am getting a tingling sensation on my right lower abdomen. There no such pain or severity, please advise what could be the reason for this.
I am 82 male no bp no sugar after my surgery for colon cancer 2.5 years ago I am passing mucous sometimes with stools sometime only mucous with blood what is the remedy?
I have stomach pain and gastric problem. It usually start after meal. Please suggest any home remedy.
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.
Hey doctor, im manpreet, I was very ill and have gastro infection about two months ago, I have prescribed medication since then, but my pooping behaviour is never changed. I have immediately stool after eating and excessive bowel gas which hurts aa lot. Please suggest me something im very depressed about my health.
I have burping problem. After eating food and drinking water continuously burps are coming. please tell me what should I do?
I am having Stomach ulcers from last 1 month and currently doing treatment. CAN I do exercise at this time or will it cause any problem for my ULCER?
Last 2 year pahle mujhe fatty liver or joindish hua tha Tab mene pure 6 month tak treatment liya or fir mujhe relief ho gaya tha but uske baad sab kuch digest ho jata he but ek prblem jo he wo aaj tak bani huyi he Subah sham fresh hone jata hu tab fresh asani se nai ho pata hu Fresh hone k baad 30 min wait karna padhta he or kuch gas type ki nikalti he tab thoda relief hota he Roj daily yeh prblem kyo hoti he Kahi koi bimari ka sandesh to nahi.
The bowel is a very important part of your body within the digestive system as it plays a vital role in the absorption of nutrients and minerals within your body as well as excreting toxic matter. The bowel contains the small bowel or small intestine as well as the large bowel or the large intestine. However, parts of the bowel may be infected or damaged in such a manner that they may need to be removed in order to save further worsening. Thus, the removal of sections of the bowels is known as bowel resection surgery.
How is bowel resection surgery performed?
In this procedure, sections of either the large intestine or the small intestine are removed which have either become diseased, infected or have malignant growths within them. The doctors and surgeons first identify the sections that need to be removed and then perform the surgery wherein a section of the tissue is excised and then two ends of the bowel are stitched together to form a new section of continuous small intestine or large intestine.
Types of bowel resection
There are two types of bowel resection, namely small bowel resection performed on the small intestine and large bowel resection performed on the large intestine. The indications for both of them are mentioned below:
Small Bowel resection: Some of the cases wherein small bowel resection may be required are as follows:
- Cancerous or benign polyps or growth
- Precancerous growths and polyps
- Damage to the small intestine due to injuries
- Congenital defects in the small intestine
- Blockages in the intestine
- Growth of ulcers, bleeding, and infection within the small intestine
- Infections within the intestines
- Other disorders of the small intestine
Large bowel resection: Large bowel resection is also carried out due to many of the same reasons as mentioned above. However, some of the specific reasons for large bowel resection are mentioned below:
- Colon cancer
- Diverticulitis, disorder that specifically affects the large intestine
- Bowel inflammation or ulcerative colitis
- Abnormal twisting of the bowel also known as volvulus
- Intestines which slide into another section of the intestine; also known as intussusception
Risks of the bowel resection
Like any other surgery, bowel resection also carries its own risks just as any other form of surgery. Some of the common risks of bowel resection are –
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Heart attacks or strokes during the operation
- Excessive bleeding among others
Specific risks for large and small bowel resections are mentioned as follows:
- Small bowel resection: Certain common risks include accumulation of pus in the abdomen, internal bleeding within the intestine after surgery, diarrhea, infection of the incision area and the stitched area breaking open among others
- Large bowel resection: In this case, tissues protruding through the cut causing an incisional hernia is the most common element of risk. Nearby organs may be damaged as well; scar tissue, problems with the passage of material within the colon among others are some of the other complications.
However, these issues occur rarely and resections are performed very successfully and quite regularly by surgeons.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.