Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh BhedaYour feedback matters!
Set wet body spray went into my eyes. What should I do. It is paining When I am cleaning with water. It is somewhat feel like relief.
I'm starting to observe that my eyes are bulging a bit. Moreover, I feel my eyes get squint when I see far things. What should I do?
My husband aged 33 having headache on &off since 4.5 yrs. During headache, used to take migranil or vasograin. Sometimes pain subsides and at times it won't. But now days not taking any medicines. Usually his headache starts in Saturdays and Sundays. Provoked by sunlight, reading in dim light, any cool drinks, mental or physical exertion. Headache is mild and subsides within few hours at times but mostly it may last for two days disturbing routine, sometimes pain severe too. Getting frequent episodes in summer even in midweek too. Pain felt in right side of head in forehead radiates to occipital felt in eyes also. Tenderness seen behind ears. Few occasion has nausea, no associated giddiness vomiting blurred vision. His mother had headaches in her younger age. We have neither consulted any Dr. nor taken any investigations for this. Now I'm worried if it could be anything serious. Please help.
I have got a ranjanwadi or stye in my right eye lower eyelid. Small one currently. But it pains when I blinking.
My eyes are always very tired inspite of good sleep. I consulted ophthalmologist but she said that. Every thing is normal n perfect. I am still facing problems in my eyes. I hav microcytic normochromic anemia. I am facing difficulty in my studies becoz of my eyes.
My eyes are always red in colour even I have a good sleep but my eyes are always red what I have to for it?
I m facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used Olopat Od twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.