Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh BhanushaliYour feedback matters!
Hello. I'm 25 now. From few years on numerous tiny black heads have appeared on my face. And it is increasing at a slow process. Usually it appears over the surface after acne is gone. I have fair skin so it gets easily visible to others. I'm very worried about it. I desperately need to get rid of them. Please suggest if there is any way to do so. As far as medication is concerned. I'm not taking any at present. I use a dirt and oil removing face wash a product of patanjali. Sometimes I apply moisturizing lotion and sunscreens before going outdoor.
May I know which is the best and cost effective derma roller in India. And is it safe to use derma roller? What needle size should I get to see results.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose its aesthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
- The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
- Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
- In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade!!
Dark spots near ankle, they appeared in left leg and then coming up in right. Starts from little red colour to darker color. Slight pain in calf muscles noticed.
I am 24 years and I have allergy with cold water, cause reddish and itching from childhood. What should I do? Please help me.
Day by day my whitening is increasing. I don't know what happened to me and little bit pain also occur in my stomach. Please suggest me some home remedy.
In recently I have face a problem. Hair loss and dandruff. How can I solve the problem. Bcz. Any kind of shampoo or oil use for it. But no result.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising.
I am 23 years old man. I am having black marks in my shoulder and also increasing the dots day by day. How to cure this problem?
I have got a job before 6 months it is below sun. At beginning I have adjusted but later my skin feels very irritation. Please suggest any solution?
My neck was black in colour from nearly ten years its colour was different from my body colour I have been done many things but it did not change I consulted doctor but no use can you tell any solution to it?
Since december 2015 I am facing face skin problem. Whenever I go in sunlight my face become red and roughness on my face also tiny red bumps on cheeks and near nose. Is it a Sun light allergy.
I have a skin problem. Mere puri body m itching ho rhi h bahut dino se Aur dana bhi ho gye h private parts pr. Itching kr kr k blood nikal ata h. please help me tell me what I do.
Hi doctors suggest me home medicine to increase to fairness on face (like I wanna become fair enough)
Dear Sir/Madam I am suffering from anal pain & burning problem since last 2 months. I have consult two Dr. (General surgeon), they told me this is an anal fissure. After taking medicine my condition is improved some extend. But the burning has not gone yet. While I am sitting on chair or going toilet the burning is increased. When I consult an ayurveda doctor he told that you have piles problem. Did these symptoms are referred to piles? I found no bleeding when I am going to toilet. Please tell me will I go for surgery? And which doctor should I consult? I am from Odisha.
A beautiful skin is something that everyone desires. But, a skin can look beautiful only if it is healthy. Having a healthy skin is very essential. You cannot have a healthy skin by only using artificial products and pampering yourself with parlor services. You must also eat right.
The following are nine foods that can help improve your skin health:
- Green Tea: Green tea is known to be very rich in antioxidants. It can help you to tackle the problem of inflammation and also protect your skin from skin cancer. Green tea can improve blood flow, make your skin smooth and can also protect your skin from U V rays.
- Eggs: Egg Yolk protects the skin from being damaged by UV rays since it contains carotenoid lutein. Eggs also contain sulfur, which help to make your skin glow and keep your skin healthy. Eggs are also high in protein and hence help to maintain the elasticity of your skin.
- Walnuts: Walnuts also help to improve your skin health. It helps the body to retain moisture. They contain Omega-3 fatty acids and also prevent the skin from being damaged by pollution.
- Olive oil: Using olive oil or extra virgin olive oil to cook your food can give you a healthy skin. Olive oils are rich in vitamin E and thus help you to gain a healthy looking skin from inside as well as outside.
- Orange: Oranges and even other fruits that are orange in color like papaya can help you to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. They are also rich in vitamin C and can help you to obtain wrinkle- free, soft and smooth skin.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolates are rich in cocoa. It helps to protect the skin from UV rays, hydrates your skin and makes it glow.
- Tomato: Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and lycopene. It prevents the skin from sun damage and also acts as a good anti-aging agent.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is also very good for your skin. It contains protein and helps reducing wrinkles.
- Berries: Berries like strawberries, raspberries contain vitamin C, which prevents skin aging and reduces wrinkles. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Along with the above mentioned foods, you must also increase your water intake as it will keep your skin hydrated and make your skin healthy from both inside and outside.