Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh BajpaiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Ram Baran Chaudhary
I was undergoing severe pain due to Kidney Stone. Dr Rajesh Bajpai came as a savior. Had undergone laser surgery for stone removal. Doctor spared sufficient time to understand the treatment. I am thankful to doctor for all the care. Keep up the good work. Cheers :-)
I am 28 years of age, male. I need ti go toilet frequently after every meal. Before meal if I not ho to toilet it feels full. Even after coconut water I feel that I need to go for toilet. This is happening from last 3 months. What is it? Is it a bigger problem. I am not losing any weight due to this.
Can a 6 mm stone be flushed in urine m poor no money for surgery or treat meant can someone suggest me something that could help the stone pass in urine.
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
There are some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda:
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
The 4 types of kidney stones and their common symptoms
Defined as hard and small mineral deposits that develop inside your kidney, kidney stones are made up of acid salts and minerals. The causes of this disease are not well-defined, although risk factors include drinking very little amounts of water and having a diet rich in sodium, protein and oxalate (chocolate and green leafy foods for example). However, knowing the type of kidney stone you suffer from can help ascertain the cause.
Here are the common types of kidney stones.
1. Struvite stones
This type of kidney stone is usually a response to certain kind of infection, such as a urinary tract infection for example. Characterised by rapid growth and a large size, struvite stones can develop without any warning signs.
2. Calcium stones
These are the most common type and are caused by a diet rich in oxalate. Risk factors for calcium stones include a diet consisting of plenty of nuts, chocolates and certain fruits and vegetables; metabolic disorders, high doses of vitamin d and intestinal bypass surgery, all of which can increase the amounts of calcium or oxalate in your urine, indicating the development of kidney stones.
3. Cystine stones
Those individuals with a hereditary disorder that causes their kidneys to produce certain amino acids (cystinuria to be precise) in excess are most likely to get cystine stones.
4. Uric acid stones
These are common in those whose diets are lacking in water or those who suffer from the excess fluid loss. People with a high protein diet and those who suffer from gout are also at risk. Genetic factors play a major role as well in increasing your risk of getting uric acid stones.
Apart from these, there are other rarer types of kidney stones that can also arise depending on a combination of an individual's lifestyle and genetic make-up.
However, to determine whether you're suffering from any of the aforementioned types of kidney stones, you must first know its common symptoms, which are:
- Excruciating pain in your sides, and back, especially below your ribs
- Feelings of pain in the groin and the lower parts of your abdomen
- Intense and fluctuating pain that comes and goes in waves
- Pain while urinating
- Urine that is red, brown or pink in colour
- Urine that's cloudy or has a foul odour
- Vomiting and nausea
- Constant urge to urinate
- Increased frequency of urination
- Urinating in small amounts
- Chills and fever in case of an infection
Having a stone in any organ of the body can be a harrowing experience but having a stone in your kidney is the most dreadful experience of the lot. The presence of a kidney stone causes excruciating pain in the host’s pelvic area, and if the stone enters the urinary tract of the host, the misery of the patient increases manifold. The urinary tract may also get jammed due to the presence of the stone, thereby causing problems in the urinary flow of the patient.
Ways to Manage a Kidney Stone-
Consulting a doctor is the first thing you should do when suffering from a situation such as a kidney stone. Doctors will provide the patients with medicines to curb their pain and improve their health. But, one can very well improve their condition by some of the basic home remedies as well. The most common home remedies a patient can act upon to manage a kidney stone in the best possible way are:
- Drinking Water- By drinking water in large amounts, the kidney stone starts to break down into smaller pieces, and the elements of the stone get diluted slowly. Ultimately, due to the dilution of the elements of the stone, the stones pass through with the urine of the patient. By drinking the water, you will be passing urine faster than the normal rate. As the stone enters the urinary tract, there are chances that the stone may be passed out while urinating.
- Watching Diet- Kidney stone patients should be a bit cautious with the food they consume. They should try and not have food which has high acid content. Low cholesterol levels need to be maintained, so if you want to prevent this from happening you need to cut down on fried and junk food.
- High Calcium Intake- Having food which has a high calcium content will help in flushing the stones out. The calcium will combine with oxalates and crystalize them, thereby enabling it to pass it through the urinary tract of the patient.
- High lemon consumption- Lemon juice is filled with citrates. Citrates can easily break up the kidney stones into minute particles and give it a Sandy texture. Citrate also helps in moving the stone in the right direction. You can drink lemon juice directly or mix it with warm water and then consume it.
- Apple cider vinegar- This again contains a high amount of citric acid which worked very efficiently in our body. It manages to set everything in place. You will be able to digest food in a better manner and will also reduce the pain. It will break down the stone and then pass it. Apple cider vinegar can be consumed with a warm glass of water mixed with one spoon of honey.
Kidney stones is a pretty common yet a serious condition, therefore one should not take it lightly and should consult a doctor as soon as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!