Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajendra Sappa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra SappaYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my girlfriend on Aug 25 which is 6th day after her period we had protected sex using condoms and took pill also. After 6 day of intercourse she bleed normal blood just for one day which was not her period date and her actual date was on 20th Sept but she didn't get period and today is her 4th day of her actual date today also she didn't get period we are very much worried what it could be please help me over this.
Obesity Can Diminish Penis Sensation
It's somewhat ironic that as our culture has become ever more obsessed with physical appearance, and with a renewed emphasis on gyms and diets, that obesity has continued to grow as a problem for so many people. It's common knowledge nowadays that obesity can be a significant deterrent to general health, but it also can have an impact on penis health. For example, a man who suffers from obesity may also find he is experiencing a loss in penis sensation levels - and that can keep him from enjoying sex to the optimum extent.
A growing problem
The National Institutes for Health estimates that 1 in 3 American adults are classified as officially obese. (Obesity is defined as having a body mass index, or BMI, of 30 or above.) Although the U.S. government has been promoting efforts to bring the obesity rate down to 15%, no state in the most recent survey scored lower than 20.5%. And the trend shows obesity getting worse rather than better.
Why is obesity concerning? Because it can have a big negative impact on a person's life. Heart attack, stroke and diabetes are some of the complications that are more likely to be associated with obesity. And obesity can also lead to a decrease in penis sensation.
Why a penis sensation effect?
Obesity is generally associated with several problems which can result in penis sensation loss.
- Circulation. Often when a person is obese, they are eating a not-so-good diet. For example, high-fat, high-cholesterol diets can create a situation in which arteries become clogged, severely impacting circulation of the blood. In addition, the extra body mass brought about by obesity can put physical pressure on many blood vessels, further impacting their ability to let blood circulate properly. This can result in passing feelings of numbness in the extremities - including the penis.
- Blood vessel damage. As time goes on, the damage to the blood vessels can become more pronounced. This is especially likely to occur if a person develops diabetes as a result of their obesity. When a person has diabetes, they need assistance in managing blood sugar (glucose) levels. Improperly managed blood sugar can result in tissue deterioration and destruction, often in the blood vessels themselves. This again impacts circulation, which can lead to parts of the body - such as the penis - not getting sufficient blood and therefore not having proper sensation.
- Nerves. Blood vessels are not the only tissues affected by improper glucose levels; so are nerve tissues. Severe deterioration can lead to diabetic neuropathy, in which affected nerves cannot respond to the same level of stimulus as they did in the past. When this occurs in the penis, it means strokes and touches that may have produced pleasurable penis sensation in the past no longer do so, or no longer do so to the same degree.
Fighting obesity can be hard. It generally requires a commitment to dietary changes and incorporating more physical activity into the daily routine. Men who are obese are urged to work with their doctor to develop a sensible plan that can help them bring their weight down to healthier levels. This will not only help avoid loss of penis sensation but can also help them improve their overall health.
Penis sensation diminishment can be caused by things other than obesity, such as aggressive or rough handling of the penis during partner sex or masturbation. Daily utilization of a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can be helpful. It's essential that the crème contains an amino acid known as acetyl L-carnitine. This neuroprotective ingredient can help protect against loss of penis sensation due to rough handling. The crème should also include alpha lipoic acid, an antioxidant that protects against penis skin damage from excess free radicals.
In order to spice up their relationship, couples can sometimes consider the option of anal intercourse instead of vaginal intercourse. Some recent studies have suggested that anal sex is actually bad for your health and can also result in severe and life threatening conditions.
Below are a few reasons that will make you aware of the risks of involving in anal sex. They are as follows:
- Fissures or piles: The anal tissues are non-stretchable and thereby an insertion of the penis into your partner’s anus can lead to tearing of the anus which might make your partner prone to anal fissures or piles. Besides, anal sex can cause severe pain while excretion the morning after, as there can be a significant weakening of the anal muscles.
- Increases the chances of anal cancer: If you and your partner frequently engage in anal sex, your partner’s chances of getting anal cancer increases as the act can initiate the transmission of the Human Papillomavirus (the virus responsible for anal cancer).
- Bacterial infection: Anus is a place designed to hold and facilitate the passing of faeces. This makes it a fertile breeding ground and holding area for bacteria. Through insertion, there is a high chance that you can be infected through your partner’s bacteria. Also if vaginal intercourse occurs immediately after anal intercourse, your partner can also get affected by the bacteria that transfer from the anus to the vagina. It can cause UTIs or urinary tract infections at the least and more serious infections as well.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Contrary to popular opinions, having unprotected anal sex can actually increase the chance of getting HIV and other deadly Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s). As the anal tissues are extremely fragile, the risk of the transmission of sexually transmitted infections in the bloodstream remains quite high for both the partners involved. Even if you’re using a condom whilst engaging in the act, the chances of getting STD’s looms large as condoms are more prone to breakages during anal sex.
- You can still get pregnant: Engaging in unprotected anal sex does not really mean that you cannot actually get pregnant from it. There is a slight chance of semen leakage from the anus which can seep into the vagina and result in pregnancy.