Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My wife 28 years, married last year. We were trying to conceive. But after the periods she have again bleeding. Need advice regarding that. Consulted a doctor she said it is some hormone problem. Is the chance to get pregnant is less this time secondly I cannot move my foreskin backwards need any solution for that.
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole.
Here are danger signs you should watch out for that signal an immediate visit to your gynaecologist:
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Abnormal vaginal odour - Abnormal vaginal odour, just like an itchy vagina, may be a sign of a bacterial infection. Sometimes vaginal odour may even be accompanied with a thick and heavy vaginal discharge. This usually indicates vaginal yeast infection (an infection caused by an increase in the number of yeast cells present in your vagina), and if ignored these infections can recur, making sex and urination very painful activities.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
My sister is 22 yr old had slight pv bleeding in 1 st month of pregnancy (prime gravidum) associated with abdominal pain andshe consulted doctor who gave hormone injections and baby growth is normal. Now she is 6 weeks pregnant. Is there any risk of baby being born with congenital defects.
I did sex with my girlfriend and gave her a pill (ipill) after 70 hours but before 72 hours. Is there any change of pregnancy? Please advise.
Hi Doctor, I'm providing information of my menstruation and ovulation dates of this year. Can you please guide me from which day I need to start trying, to get pregnant in this month. I am providing every month's 1st day of the periods and ovulation day from January to August. Below: "Periods on January 10th, ovulated on Jan 21st (assumed as per clear white discharge). Periods on Feb 9th, ovulated on 21stfeb, Periods on March 9th, ovulation date do not know. Periods on April 10th, ovulated on April 21st night and 22nd (Done sonography this month). Periods on May 8th, ovulated on May 19th. Periods on June 4th, ovulated on 15th night. Periods on July 1st, ovulated on July 12th (I felt, not sure). Periods on Aug 2nd, ovulated on Aug 12th (I felt, not sure) Again periods in Aug 29th. After observing the above information, I come to know my ovulation date is coming on 12th or 13th of my cycle. Can you please let me know from which day should I start trying and whether I should try to conceive upto day 16th of my cycle. Please help me regarding this. Thank you.
So I had unprotected sex about 16 days ago with a girl who told me after the fact that she had genital herpes she wand r showing any signs or symptoms. I've had this tingling sensation at the tip of my penis ever since and got checked for uti gonerria and Chlamdia all were negative. My doctor.
Regarding family planning, is there any option to reverse in future. As I have 2 girl kids. Please check.
I have sex with my bf after 12 days of my period. We use condoms. Now I didn't get periods from 27 days of my last period. I check pregnancy test at home after 20 days of my missing period, it shows negative, again I check after 4 days still it shows negative, Till now I didn't get periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnancy. If yes what should I do.(normally I didn't get periods monthly, but after using medicines I got regularly from last 4 months)
I have my periods date by end of this month but I want to my periods to come as soon as possible because I have my program schedule. Can you suggest me what should I do to get early periods?
Dear Doctor, I am aged 57 years and my wife is aged 53 years. About 15 years ago my wife developed cysts in her overies and had undergone hysterectomy operation and got her uterus removed. Initially for some years we did not feel any problem while having sex but for the last ten years or so we are not having sex at all due to very poor libido and consequent poor satisfaction after sex. I being a male partner am suffering a lot due to this and have become a cocoon since neither I can go in for extra marital affair for the fear of society nor to the prostitutes for the fear of getting AIDS STD etc. and ever since I have been suppressing (rather forced) the natural desire for having sex and this has resulted in very bad health for me since the detoxification one gets after having sex is missing in my case. I at my level am not able to forsee any solution to this problem. Kindly help me in this regard. Thanking You
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.