Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajendra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajendraYour feedback matters!
I have problem related to cough. Its irregular. Suddenly start coughing from nowhere . I don't know the reason. Its since last six months.
I am 22/f and having itching n irritation in vagina and burning sensation while I pee. What shud I do.
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.
I am 30yrs old married 1.5yr, a working lady Suffering polycyst ovarian, irregular periods problem & also I take medicine Eltroxin 50 for thyroid. Last November I have a problem of Jaundice & on June'15 I have an operation of Gallstone. Now I want to get pregnant. Please suggest me after how much time I do regular meting to get pregnant.
She was doubt in unprotected sex her last date was 11 may now her menses is not occur if she pregnant.
When the lazy weekends hit, most people are tempted stay in bed all through the day and skip the daunting task of bathing. But there is a host of reasons why one must never think of skipping the bath, and it does more than making one feel fresh and smell good; it is a great way of serving to keep fit and healthy.
- Reduction of muscle tension: A simple warm shower can help in the reduction of muscle tension and relieves overstretched muscles. It helps in healing sores by relaxing them and improving elasticity or flexibility of the muscles particularly when an individual takes a bath after exercising.
- Improvement of blood circulation: Indulging in a warm shower or immersing oneself in a tubful of water can increase the flow of blood through the limbs and aids in the nourishment of the damaged cells. With the growth in circulation of blood, the blood pressure reduces, and the function of the heart is also improved.
- Reduction in blood sugar levels: Research says that people with diabetes, who regularly immerse themselves in warm water for about 20 minutes have witnessed that their blood sugar levels reduced by about 13 percent. The participants of this study had also lowered their regular insulin intake by 18 percent.
- Improvement of the immune system: Along with the warm water bath, cold showers can also proffer several benefits. A study showed that one must take a cold shower to stimulate the vascular as well as the lymphatic system for the production of more and more number of immune cells so that it can combat infections and this would reduce the probability of falling sick to a considerable extent.
- Treatment of depression: For individuals who are prone to suffer from depression, a cold shower can aid to a high degree. As a person immerses in cold water, the nervous system gets activated and increases the level of noradrenaline and beta-endorphin which is known to reduce depression. A cold shower also transmits electrical impulses from the brain which can trigger an anti-depressive effect.
- Improvement of reproductive health in males: Those individuals who are willing to improve libido must take a cold shower regularly. A recent study conducted by the Thrombosis Research Institute showed that the male reproductive hormones increased to a significant extent in those who take cold showers. On the other hand, men who take hot water showers can have lowered sperm count since the motility reduces when the testicles come in contact with hot temperature. But the normal levels are restored once the person starts taking cold showers.
- Helps in the reduction of stress: By taking a bath, one can get rid of all the tension and worries. Chromogranin and cortisol levels reduce to a significant extent in people who consistently suffer from depression and anxiety. Bathing regularly helps in removing the toxins from the body. Individuals who sweat a lot must never skip a bath. The body removes out toxins through sweat and thus, taking a shower would decrease the perspiration odour. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.