Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
From last two months I am facing problem of dryness in my eyes. Also I feel that I am not able to see things very clearly. And also I faced problem of headache since when I faced problem in my eye's. Because of this I am not able to concentrate while studying. While reading I feel growth in my headache. Kindly suggest me right therapy.
What is the formula of wait losing and how I am take care of my eyes please give me a sedation. I am very thankful to you sir.
Sir, My wife is suffering from eye disease of high myopia and scarred CNVM since last two more years. After consulting in LV Prasd, Dr. Agarwals's and other eye hospitals, they told me it incurable. Kindly help me and advice me the proper treatment for it. Regards Upendra kumar Biswal.
I am 20 years old and I'm suddenly facing this problem, where I get so dizzy and my heart beats increase and I just cannot stand still. Its been 3 days now and even after taking medicines, I see no change. Its been 3 days now and Its affecting my eyes too, my vision has become blur. The name of the medicine that the doctor prescribed are -Be Still 16 and Stugeron. Is this anxiety attack. I haven't been able to stand since 3 days and sudden heart rate increase and constant blackouts and blur vision. I've always had this problem, where I would back out sometimes when I suddenly got off bed or a chair but it would happen sometimes but pst 3 days I'm facing this 24/7. I can barely do anything, I've become extremely slow.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the eye specialist of the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.