Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev YadavYour feedback matters!
I used to smoke since 3 years 7 ciggerate a day. Now I want to reduce it. I want to know what is the safe limit of smoking I mean how many ciggerate I can smoke a day that will not effect my body system.
Sir. My father have problem in speaking. We have consult many Ent specialist and surgeons but all in vain. Kindly help me?
I have a severe headache and body pain. I have taken combiflam but no positive results are there. How can I avoid this?
Are these the symptoms of depression if I cry all the time over petty issues and feel very insecure and sad?
Did you know that almost all of your nerves converge in your feet and that your foot is the most sensitive part of the human body? Did you also know that if there are any complications to your body, then the feet can show the symptoms indirectly? Science has time and again proved this and it is high time that you give the adequate care for your feet.
This is nowhere explained better than in ancient Ayurveda, where it emphasises the importance of foot massage and the need to strengthen the nerves. Ayurveda has a long traditional foot massage therapy called as “Padabhyanga” which can be traced back to more than 5000 years. The foot massage with essential oils would improve blood and lymphatic circulation, nourishes the skin, and calms the restless mind.
Foot massaging can relax the muscles of the feet and legs, it can also help in relieving stress and anxiety. Just like how the tree gets their nourishment from their roots, channelling a proper foot massage can rejuvenate the entire mind and body. Let us look at in detail.
What is Padabhyanga?
The word Padabhyanga comes from the two Sanskrit words “Pada+abhyanga” “Pada” means foot and “Abhyanga” means massage. It is one of the most calming and soothing massage therapy and can keep your mind and soul revitalised if done in a proper way. Participating in this massage therapy daily can allow you to release the clogged energies.
3 Types of Padabhyanga Massage:
The massage can be segregated into three different types as detailed below.
- Padabhyanga with hand: This type of massage is the fundamental form of massage and is basically done by your hand in the rubbing and stroking of foot. The heat is generated by it and the cardiovascular circulation gets activated. The massage uses sesame seed oil generally and in some cases even herbal infused oil is also used for a better cure.
- Padabhyanga with kasa bowl: In this type of massage, a Kasa bowls with oil coating are wormed. Then the bowl’s round surfaces are used to massage the foot and sole in a circular motion. The kasa bowls are generally made of copper and tin. Massaging in such a manner can eliminate toxins and it can also release negative energies from your body.
- Padabhyanga marma therapy: This type of therapy is very similar to acupuncture, where the pressure points of your feet are activated. These are called as marma points and special care is taken to make sure that these marma points are activated by pressing them over a small period of time. The therapy releases negative energy and relaxes your mind with rejuvenation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I get stress very easily from anything, which makes me feel very sick from inside, and I cant able to concentrate on anything. Please suggest me to get relief from stress
I am 34 years old male unmarried. I am not married yet and my career has ups and downs. I am working as SAP consultant since July, 2015 for very low pay. I am very much depressed and feel each and every moment, all negative thoughts like something wrong going to be happened and you will be defeated etc. My parents are very much worried about my career and future and I want them to be happy and peace. My biggest problem is fear. I used to depend the most on parents and I used to do what they say. My life decisions also I can't take myself and did what they said. I could not complete my B.Tech and did graduation from correspondence. Always I feel like committing suicide and life is of no use with all corrupted country and non-ethical society. One side my life is not good and other side society also not good. I can't change society any how and trying to change myself. Kindly do the needful.
Sir, I am suffering from excess anxiety for some years. I tried doing pranayam and yoga that helped but those brought excess vibrations and aching in my body. I am not taking any medicine for that. My sleep quality is poor. Please help.
My wife is suffering from depression for last six years. She is taking placida tablet daily as per advice of doctor but she complains of knee pain regularily and also taking thioroid tablets. She also has constipation problem and fast breathing during evening. Please advise its treatment. She has also developed fat ( height-5' 2, weight-70 kg, age-53 yrs ).
What are the clinical manifestation of parkinsonism, The person also have diabetes mellitus, hypertension, chronic kidney disease and congestive heart failure.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can occur after one has been in an accident or has faced an event that has left a scar in their memory. The accidental trauma overpowers you with sentiments of misery and weakness, which in turn can trigger PTSD. Here are a few ways in which you can get over the trauma.
Tip 1: Get moving
- Exercise can help your nervous system relax and be unstuck on the trauma by discharging endorphins.
- Rhythmic exercises that use both your arms and legs, instead of concentrating on your trauma, can help you divert your mind. Eg. walking, running, swimming etc.
- Exercises like mountain climbing, boxing, weight lifting, or combative training can make it simpler to concentrate on your body developments and make you stronger.
- Plan to exercise for 30 minutes every day or if it is less demanding, three sets of 10-minute workouts are also good.
Tip 2: Self manage your nervous system
- Discovering that you can change your arousal framework and quiet yourself down can specifically question the feeling of vulnerability, which is a typical symptom of PTSD.
- Careful breathing is a fast approach to calm yourself down. Take 60 breaths, centering your concentration.
- Similar to how particular sights, actions or smells can transport you back to the traumatic event, so can sensory information rapidly calm you down. The key is to locate the sensory information that works for you.
- Reconnecting to uncomfortable feelings and emotions without getting to be overpowered by them can have a positive effect on your brain to adjust your state of mind.
Tip 3: Connect with others
Once the reflex has been activated, face-to-face association with people who make you feel protected and safe is the fastest and the best method for bringing your nervous system into its right place. The kind backing of others can be important to your recovery. Search for someone you can converse with for a long period of time, somebody who will hear you out without judging you or constantly being occupied. That individual might be your better half, a relative, a companion, or an expert advisor.
Tip 4: Make healthy life changes
- The side effects of PTSD can be difficult for your body. So it is important to deal with yourself and build up a healthy lifestyle.
- Take out some time to relax. For example, meditation, deep breathing, back rub, or yoga can initiate the body's relaxation reaction and get rid of the side effects of PTSD.
- Stay away from liquor and medications. When you are dealing with troublesome feelings and traumatic memories, you might want to opt for elf-cure with liquor or medications. Eat a healthy diet. Begin your day with breakfast, and keep your energy up and your mind clear with adjusted nutritious meals for the entire the day.
- Get enough rest. Lack of sleep leads to outrage, irritation and grumpiness. Sleep for at least seven to nine hours each day.
My teeth got misaligned and gums started decaying because of chewing tobacco and smoking can I get white smile back?
I Am not confident about myself. I lack communication skill with a stranger and am I don't mix well in a group. What should I do?
I have some problems with relationship. I usually stay calm but sometimes I'm unable to control my rage. I start loosing my temper. Usually it lasts for 5-30 mins. After that I start realizing that I over reacted (shouting and aggressive behavior) Help me how can I overcome this problem.
Recently I was on some meds for my OCD and high anxiety. Did not help but made me gain absurd 10 kgs in just 2 months. Now it's been another 3 months after I stopped them. Been actively working out cardio and on strict diet but still not been able to remove those extra kgs especially man boobs. Is there any fat burner to assist in losing weight without altering my high anxiety condition? PS I'm not on any meds right now. T hanks.
I am 20 years old and student. I have some serious issues these days. 2-3 years before I was fine but now a days I can't remember much things specifically names and information. I get lost in words to convey what I m trying to say. So this is my problem you can suggest something its better. Am I losing my nerve cells or what?
Sir / Ma'am, I have fallen in love for a girl from 2years since. She treats me as a good friend but doesn't come into relationship because she says that she doesn't like these things because she was once betrayed or she doesn't like me, don't know. Day & night her thoughts come into my mind. I can't live without thinking of her. Please suggest me what should I do. I want her as my life partner. Please help, I'm very much depressed.
I lost my love, I always thinks about her I am feeling very depressed every time mind diverted, please help me!
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.