Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
After a road accident and months of treatment, my wife is suffering from mental illusions? She sees imaginary things and talk unrealistic? How can we get out of this?
Hello sir I am 18 years old student. Now 4 month I suffering many problems. Problem likes feels boring, feel loneliness, feels sad, depress, breathless, every time fear fr die& hate my life. It is very dangous? its caused fr die? how to solve my problem? please help me sir.
Hi I am 25 years male, consuming prodep(fluoxitine) tablets for depressive disorder for the past 2 months. Now i' m feeling normal. Can I stop this tablet abrubtly?
I'm very weak. No glow in face. feel depressed. Tired.I can't make concentration in studies what to do?
Hello respected doctors, Around 1.5 year I have smoked at least 7 cigarettes daily. But now from last 7 months I have quit smoking And I havn't smoke a single cigarette And I only 18 now How to clean my lungs totally? I am having a happy life now:)
Out of my mind, cant able to make right desicion . Losing my temper on unwanted stuff. No far mind, addicted to anger mode 24/7
Hello, I have serious anxiety issues, and I'm not able to cope up with it now. It mostly occurs during late night or after dinner. I try to sleep so that it will reduce in time but mostly it doesn't happen .I feel suffocated, heavy breathing, feels like my heart skipped a beat, my heart races! Sometimes even my head spins and eyes get strained. I even went for ecg but nothing came wrong everything was fine. Though I'm anemic. My blood count is 7.6 And I'm actually very weak in health, if I climb stairs I get exhausted in 1 min. I have low bp issues as well. I have actually noticed that when I get low bp I get anxiety more. And I'm only getting 5 hrs sleep. I always get up around 3 am. I'm really worried Please help me with my low bp issue, anxiety, sleeping problem and how should I increase my blood count (even though I am having dexorange but I don't feel it's helping, this anemic problem I had since childhood, when I first checked my blood count it was 14 in 2010, yearly it has reduced to 7.6)
I am a 20 year old boy and I like when someone told about love but that topic ends with a sad moment which is the point of breakup of love and that I do not like about it and I do not know Why someone starts a temporary love that ends with a sad breakup.
Suffering from depression - Avoid these
Depression is a psychological condition that can drain your hope, energy and drive. The things that you once rejoiced might not be pleasurable anymore. Meanwhile, overcoming depression isn't quick or easy and it is recommended that you opt for counselling or professional support to help you through. At the same time, you need to avoid these practices, which tend to increase the intensity of depressive symptoms.
These are the things you should avoid while suffering from depression.
1. Avoid Staying Alone: When you are depressed, you might not feel pleasure in things you used to enjoy earlier. This might result in social isolation, making you lonelier and more depressed than ever. But living in social situations, meeting people will actually help you. It can take off your mind from the feelings of depression and while meeting people might not seem as enjoyable as it did before, it can certainly help in overcoming the feelings of loneliness.
2. Avoid NOT Seeking Help: Most of the people are unable to differentiate between sadness and depression. But if you are someone who has been feeling intensely sad for no reason, then you are probably depressed. So, don't avoid seeking help. Approach a therapist, even online if you want more confidentiality and privacy. A counsellor can actually help in overcoming the feeling of depression.
3. Avoid White Foods: Processed foods or white foods are simple carbohydrates that can actually lead to insulin dumping and trigger the process of depression. The surge of insulin will initially make you feel happier, but once that's surge goes down, you will begin to feel depressed again. This will even trigger hunger and particular cravings, which in turn affect depression symptoms negatively.
4. Products with Aspartame: Aspartame can lower the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that's associated with mood. Therefore, eating aspartame can increase the intensity of your depression symptoms, may result in insomnia as well.
Related Tip: Homeopathy and Depression
A head full of the lush silky mane is what everyone desires as it enhances one's personality and physical image but with the growing levels of pollution and workload, it becomes difficult to maintain its health and beauty. There are a number of factors that contribute to the deterioration of hair and stress is one of them.
Stress is a complimentary ingredient in today's lifestyle. Hectic work schedules, maintaining a social life and many other reasons invite stress and it has become increasingly difficult to avoid. There are three types of hair fall that can be attributed to stress and anxiety.
- Telogen effluvium - There are three stages in the life cycle of hair, growth, resting and shedding stage. Stress and anxiety incurred from physical trauma, severe accident, illness and pregnancy can cause sudden and in most cases temporary hair fall. Sudden stress shocks the hair follicles and pushes them to the resting stage resulting in hair fall from combing or washing. This type of hair loss has been termed as Telogen effluvium.
- Trichotillomania - Pulling out hair from the scalp, eyebrows can be a way of dealing with stress. Inner palpitation, tension, anxiety has a way of coming to the surface and it has been noticed in some people that they unknowingly pull their hair out to cope with stress and in worst cases they also make a habit of it. This condition is commonly referred to as Trichotillomania.
- Alopecia areata - Hair falls out from certain portions of the scalp exposing scattered patches of skin. There are several reasons for this condition known as Alopecia areata, and stress has been identified as one. With alopecia, the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles causing them to shed.
Hair loss itself can cause anxiety and stress further complicating the problem. Abnormal shedding of hair is usually an indication of a deep-rooted medical condition which should be treated immediately. Distressing and meditation can help treating hair loss.