Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Walavalkars
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev WalavalkarsYour feedback matters!
Can melanin production reducing pills can be used for skin whitening? Please suggest a suitable tablet with no side effects.
I am 20 years old female. I am suffering from under eyes dark circles. For that I had use many creams and ointments. And took 8-10 hrs sleep daily even though it's not reducing the color.
Anyone knows what is Gynecomestia? Im suffering form last 4 years. please someone help me how to get rid of this problem Gynecomestia.
Hi I'm a male I play in the sun or roam in the sun and because of that my skin has become dark and looks dirty please tel me wat should I do how to stop my skin from becoming dark or black please tel me wat should I do or wat should I apply me tel me please help me plz.
Suffering from anal fissures since 1mnth using lox2% gel and vavoren 50 mg tablets bt it getting more day by day please suggest me the best medicine unable lo suffer the pain it's very horrible while passing stools lot of blood flowing every day please help me with the best.
I am 24years old I have a pimples whole dark spot my skin look like old ledy what should I do my skin type is oily.
Hello I have my under eye dark circles. Black circles around my eyes. Please suggest me some suggestions.
I am relief few days from chicken pox. My whole body fill dark sports. Now please tell me how to remove my dark sports?
I have been having some black spots on my upper part of hands and body. Not on face or legs. What is the treatment for this.
I have some wrinkles on my face I used some medicines but they does not work. Kindly give some tips.
MY mother ,above 75 years ,recently undergone ( 2 moths back ),for DHS fracture /dislocation hippe joint ,is on bed ,she developed Fissure in annus ,unbearable pain ,is there any solution .Without surgery ?
I am 20 years old and have lot of pimples, black spots on my cheeks. Can you suggest me some ways to get rid of it?
Acne is a condition that usually occurs when you are in your adolescence, but sometimes it can happen when you are an adult as well. In women, it occurs when they have reached their menopausal age. The chances of adult acne occurring in women are higher than men.
What causes acne in adults
- Stress: If you are under stress on a regular basis, then the body tends to produce a hormone called androgen which stimulates oil glands in the skin, resulting in acne flare ups.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal imbalance in the body may lead to acne breakouts. You may experience imbalances in your hormones during your periods or when you have reached menopause. Acne may also occur if you have started or stopped taking birth control pills abruptly.
- Family history: If other people in the family are prone to acne, then you may be genetically predisposed to it.
- Medications: There are certain medications which can cause acne to flare up. They contain chemicals that stimulate hormones in the body thus, resulting in acne.
- Skin products: If you have oily skin, then using products that contain oil may aggravate acne. They may also contain chemicals which may clog pores in your skin.
Symptoms of acne in adults are often seen as bumps on the skin, blisters filled with pus and inflamed black heads. Apart from these some people also witness hard and painful lumps beneath the skin.
- Stay away from junk food: Avoid eating junk food and fried foods as they can aggravate oiliness in the skin and result in pimples. Rather, replace them with natural foods and other complex carbs.
- Drink plenty of water: Drink plenty of water as it helps in filtering out the waste products and toxins from your body.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking causes blood vessels to narrow and thus, limits blood circulation in the body. This may cause multiple complications in your skin, acne being one of them.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.