Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev RedkarYour feedback matters!
My son is 2 months old now. I have already administered him some doses of vaccines as given by the hospital. Now after some reading I am doubtful about painless vaccine. If I go for painful now will that disturb the schedule?
Am breastfeeding mom to 2.6 years son. Sever back ache. L4 l5 upper stomach very heavy n lower abdominal dragged down. How to get rid of it n I am suffering from bronchitis. Shortness of breathing. Heavy flem. I feel my body total punchered. No stamina. please suggest.
My son, 9 years old is having cough only in the nights for the past 2 days. He is coughing and then vommitting. I have given him" levolin" for his cough. He has not improved much. I
Recently we have stopped mother's feeding to my son aged 17 months. He is not drinking cows milk. We are forcefully feeding him 1 chapati morning, afternoon & evening. He woke up in night and starts crying. We tried to feed him milk or other food he is not eating cried for 1 to 1.5 hrs every 3 hrs. We don't know what went wrong. Earlier when he was on breast feeding he used to woke 2-3 times for feeding and was sleeping. In day time also he is becoming restless and keeps on crying .Please guide us.
My baby is 4 months and he cries constantly on my lap. He is a baby boy. I don't understand why he cries whenever I take him on my lap.
Hi My son age is 2 years. He is very like to drink yakult he is drinker 1 bottle of yakult everyday. drinker yakult for 2 years baby that is good for baby or not? Please help me.
MY Son is 3 years old. Some docs say he is asthmatic, some say he has adenoids, some say he is allergic to weather and pollution, with the change of weather he always get cough and cold, that is so sever that I have to nebulize him with budesal, syrup levolin and an antibiotic. Sir, I want to know how long it will go, when can my son be alright.
Hello, Mera baby ko vomit hua two times. Uske baad still usko vomit jesa hota rehta hai. Jese hi use vomit sa hota hai main usko shoulder se laga deti hu. N tap krti hu uski back ko toh thodi der mai normal ho jata hai. I don't know ki kya hua hai use. Jab use bottle feed karati hu toh bht pblm se feed karta hai. Like bottle muh se nikal deta hai. Or breast feeding mai b ye hi pblm hai. please help.
I have second baby problem first baby 8 year old also and without any treatment but we have Trying second baby last 4-5year Doctor suggest ivf but I want natural baby.
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
Hello, my baby is 3 days old. He born on 36th week of pregnancy and his weight during birth is less than 2 kg. Doctors have kept him under observation. He is been given antibiotic for respiratory problem. Now doctor has informed that the baby's stomach bloat after milk. Motion and urine is alright. They have suggested for further care under Neonatal ICU to understand the issue correctly. What can be the problem? Any recommendations would be helpful.
Rickets causes muscles and bones to become soft, which can cause permanent deformities in children. It is most common in children and infants who have a poor diet or who are housebound, but is nowadays relatively rare in developed countries. Breast-fed babies are at higher risk if they or their mothers do not take in enough sunlight, and baby formula is now designed to prevent this. Rickets is caused by a lack of vitamin D or of calcium. Vitamin D is required for calcium to be properly absorbed into bones to strengthen them. Adults rarely develop rickets because their bones are not growing and do not need much calcium. Vitamin D itself is obtained from many foods but the body can only use it if it has been converted into its active form via sunlight. In recent years there has been a slight increase in children with rickets possibly due to too many of them staying indoors.
Asthma is a condition that can flare up anytime; be it at your child's soccer practice or during the middle of the night. Whenever the condition sets in, it leads to your child struggling for breath. For a parent to witness this situation can be hard; but you should know the techniques to keep the situation under control.
Here are a few tips on how to manage the situation:
1. Find out the triggers in your home: Asthma is triggered due to substances that your child may be allergic to. Examples are cigarette smoke, fur of pets and dust. If possible, keep your child away from the known triggers so that the condition does not flare up again.
2. Keep records of the following: It is good to have an action plan ready for your child when the bouts of asthma strike. When you visit the doctor to discuss about your child's condition then make sure that you have these records at hand.
- The triggers that caused the bout of asthma
- How many times did your child have wheezing episodes?
- The number of times your child has been admitted for the same reason
- The medications that your child is currently taking, dosage and/or whether they have been changed
- How often does he/she need medications if he/she has acute symptoms?
3. Knowledge of the test your child may require: Asthma control test is a type of test that allows parents and children to grade asthma symptoms without a doctor. A pulmonary function test is used to detect the capacity of the lungs and flow of air.
4. See how your child responds to the treatments: You should consider changing the treatments for your child if he/she has recurrent symptoms of asthma attack and require frequent visits to the Emergency Room even after taking medications for an extended duration.
5. Long term treatment plans require patience: Any asthma treatment plan requires patience as they might not immediately cure symptoms.