Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev RajanYour feedback matters!
I AM 19 years old. I AM SUFFERING FROM MOUTH ULCERS FROM LAST 10 days. IT IS'NT HEALING. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Help me.
Hello sir / madam from many days in am secreting saliva too much while speaking its just spraying a bit much how can I control?
I am a male of age 21 years. I need a dental suggestion. My teeth shape is not good. Its a bit outward. The upper jaw as well as the lower jaw both are little outward which looks very odd. When I close my mouth it looks horrible. Example - Shape of Hanuman ji :) So since my age is now 21 is there any treatment which will make everything fine nd my face won't look bad for that. If yes then Suggest me some best doctors with the clinic address. Most IMPORTANT IS WHAT WILL BE THE COST OF TREATMENT? AND WHEN I PUT THE CLIPS FOR TREATMENT IS THERE ANYWAY TO HIDE SO THAT NO ONE NOTICES ABT IT Suggest a best doctor for the treatment from The city Guwahati or Kolkata or Chennai. But Guwahati will be easier.
Most of the children have decay today of their milk teeth. Sometimes, it is a very painful experience for the child and traumatic for the parents to see their child go through that pain and discomfort at that age. Do remember if your child's milk tooth or teeth are decayed - it will result in 2 problems later on:
a. Irregular teeth - which would require braces treatment later - possibly with extraction of few permanent teeth.
b. Decay on the permanent teeth - which erupt between 6 to 14 years of age.
So saving milk teeth is very important. Never breast feed or milk feed your child during passage to sleep or during sleep - AFTER 18 MONTHS of age.
In case of decay always get the same treated at the early stage than when the decay has destroyed the tooth badly. Always better to have a dental check up by 1st BIRTHDAY of the child.
My daughter is 18 yrs, she is suffering from mouth ulcer, She takes coconut water drinking water about3 ltrs still she is suffering. please advice me THANK .
Hi I am 31 years old male and facing problem of severe bad breath from last few months. I also visited dentist but it was not a dental problem. Kindly help me out to rectify my problem.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.
I have cough from past 1 week. My one ear has been choked from 2 days. When it opens for some time it pains a lot in that part. It opens and closes automatically. It doesn't even open when I yawn with my full mouth open. What would be the reason for closing of year? What can I do to open my ear? Can you suggest any homemade thing or any specific medicine to open my ear? Or is the reason only cough which is settled in the passage between ear and mouth?
Dental implants are surgical fixtures that are inserted into the jawbone to allow fusing over a span of few months. The implant works as a root replacement for a missing tooth. Eventually, this artificially placed tooth root helps in holding the bridge (partial denture) or the replacement tooth firmly. Dental implants are even designed to match your natural teeth, rendering a strong foundation to both the removable and the fixed replacement teeth.
Are you a candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all of the teeth. The goal of teeth replacement is to restore function as well as esthetics.
When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants is of the three options available. Deciding on which option to choose depends on many factors. Specifically for dental implants, these factors include:
location of missing tooth or teeth,
quantity and quality of the jawbone where the dental implant is to be placed,
health of the patient,
A dental surgeon examines the area to be considered for the dental implant and makes a clinical assessment of whether the patient is a good candidate for a dental implant.
Here are a few advantages of getting a dental implant done:
Improved Appearance: Dental implants provide an almost natural look to the teeth. Since they are designed in a way to amalgamate with your bone, they subsequently become permanent.
Enhanced Speech: Dental implants let you speak effortlessly and without the scare of your teeth slipping inside the mouth and meddling with your speech; which is otherwise a common phenomenon with ill-fitted dentures.
More Comfort: Since the implants become a part of you, they do away with the hassles accompanying removable dentures.
Easier Eating: Sliding dentures might pose difficulty while chewing. Dental implants help you with an almost painless eating experience owing to the fact that they function just the way your original teeth would.
Improved Oral Health: There is no need of reduction or alteration of the surrounding teeth in order to support the implants. Hence most of the teeth are left just as they are, improving one’s oral hygiene.
Durability: Implants are tough and resistant, and can last a lifetime if taken proper care of.
Convenience: Dental implants spare one the inconvenience that is so common with removable dentures and at the time of fixing them to their place with messy adhesives.
Healthy gums and strong jaw bones are the only two requisites for a dental implant. Maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting or consult a dentist regularly should be at the top of the priority list after getting the implants done. However, one needs to put in the same amount and quality of care (read brushing and flossing) to the dental implants as one would’ve had to his/her original teeth. A thorough rinse with the help of an antibacterial mouth wash is a must along with periodic dental check-ups.