Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev K KanitkarYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/ Madam This query is regarding my grandmother and she's now 64 and she used to have knee pains joint pains and common problems that comes with age but from past week she's experiencing new issue that if she stands or walks her right leg starts tingling from hip to toe if she sat or sleep it goes is it we consulted physician M he said nerve weakness but that medication doesn't gave any relief to whom we have to consult and what is the problems please help me out.
Am 24years Age. My Skin Is Uneven Due to Holes Caused By Pimples looking Rough Do any treatment is their for Making skin Even?
I have a problem related to teeth, I brush once a day but there is a dirt between teeth and gems. When I try to brush two times a day my gems have a blood. Presently no pain is there but it may cause problem in future, please suggest me to clean my teeth and make gems strong Thank you.
I am 23 years old male and I normally suffer from cold and mouth problem. What should I do please answer me. Thank you.
Hello Doctor, I am 32 years old and my wt is 79 and ht 5.4" Is this is the right wt for my age, and I need to lose wt ,daily I am drinking green tea at night with honey and lemon juice, is this method is correct what I am doing. And am drinking lots of water at day time. But even though my wt is not reducing. Please suggest me to reduce at least 10 to 15 kg ,Thank you.
I had taken I pill on 29th December. After 7 days, i.e, 7th jan, I started bleeding, its not the normal flow. Little brownish in color. My expected date is 18 jan Is it normal to get your period 2 weeks early after taking I pill?
Dear sir/madam my hair growth too thin since last 6 month please give me advice to how to improve my hair growth ?
I do not eat too oily food and Chilly but still I get pimples and which they turn into black spots and spoil my look.
When the reproductive glands produce scant to no hormones like oestrogen or testosterone, then it is known as hypogonadism. These hormones are important for controlling secondary sex characteristics like development of breasts in women and testes in men and growth in pubic hair. Sex hormones are also required for the roles they play in menstrual cycle in women and sperm production in men.
Hypogonadism is curable with the right medicines.
Types of Hypogonadism
1. Primary hypogonadism: In this type, there are not enough sex hormones in your body because of a problem in your gonads (testis or ovary). In primary hypogonadism, the gonads do receive the message from the brain to produce sex hormones but cannot produce them.
2. Central/Secondary hypogonadism: In this type, the brain is wherein the problem lies. The pituitary gland and hypothalamus located in the brain do not work properly.
What causes Hypogonadism
The causes of hypogonadism can be classified according to their types.
In primary hypogonadism, the causes are:
1. Genetic disorders (for example, Turner syndrome in women and Klinefelter syndrome in men)
2. Autoimmune disorders
4. Kidney and liver disease
In central hypogonadism, the causes are:
1. Anorexia nervosa
3. Bleeding in the pituitary area
5. Taking certain medicines (for example, glucocorticoids and opiates)
6. Anabolic steroids (alternatives to human testosterone)
8. Genetic problems (example: Kallmann syndrome- unable to start or complete puberty)
11. Hemochromatosis (excessive iron)
12. Nutritional deficiencies
Symptoms associated with Hypogonadism
Symptoms of hypogonadism in females include
1. Lack of menstruation
2. Changes in mood and energy
3. Body hair loss
4. Lack of sex drive
5. Milky discharge from breasts
Symptoms of male hypogonadism include
1. Body hair loss
2. Loss in muscles
3. Abnormal growth in breasts
4. Low libido
5. Erectile dysfunction