Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev K Kanitkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev K KanitkarYour feedback matters!
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease. One out of every six people in the United States suffers from this disease. It is more common than you think. Like any other STD, it is extremely important to take proper protection (use a condom) while engaging in sexual activities.
Genital Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus.
- HSV-1 is most commonly associated with blisters and ulcers around the mouth known as cold sores.
- HSV-2 is associated with blistering lesions in genital areas that are exposed during sexual contact.
However, both types of herpes simplex virus can infect the mouth or the genital areas, meaning that genital contact with a cold sore on the mouth can lead to genital herpes. Likewise, kissing someone with a cold sore can spread the herpes simplex virus infection.
After the initial outbreak of herpes, the virus travels through the nerves and resides in nerve tissue within the body.
Most people with genital herpes don’t know they have it. That’s because in most people it produces either no symptoms or very mild ones.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- The area around your genitalia becomes red and cracked without any pain or itching.
- Itching around your anal region
- Blisters around your genitalia can cause immense pains when they break open.
- Pain in the open sores while urination.
- Headaches and backaches.
- Flu and swollen lymph nodes are very common.
- Fatigue is also felt if you suffer from genital herpes.
Symptoms like these can be mistaken for other infections such as vaginal yeast infections, bacterial infections and bladder infections. So, if you are suffering from such symptoms it is advisable to go in for a health check up followed by a physical exam and a blood test to confirm whether you have genital herpes or not.
How can it get spread?
You can only get Genital Herpes from vaginal intercourse and not anal or oral intercourse. The fluid present in the sore of a genital herpes patient has infected fluid. If the fluid comes in contact with their partner’s sexual organs while having intercourse they can be easily infected.
Can Symptoms Be Treated?
There is no cure for genital herpes. But the symptoms can be lessened and prevented with treatment. Treatment can also reduce the risk of infecting others.
Your healthcare provider may prescribe antiviral medications to help prevent or reduce the pain and discomfort from an outbreak of symptoms. Medication taken on a daily basis to suppress the virus can reduce the number of outbreaks and reduce the risk of infecting others
How to Avoid Getting Genital Herpes:
- Try to have sex with people who have been tested negative for herpes or any other STDs.
- Use a latex condom while having sex. It prevents any sort of liquid to pass inside your partner’s genitalia.
Hello sir, My right testis is heaving pain from last 40 days. When I sit I feel this pain much more? Please help me for that.
A beautiful mane with a healthy scalp and shiny hair is something each one of us desire. However, given the multiple factors that affect its health including diet, lifestyle and environment, this desire remains a dream for many. There are good and bad sides to it. The bad thing is that hair problems, dandruff, itching, graying and hair loss are here to stay. The good news is that there are simple, easily available ways and methods that can be effectively used to control these problems.
Homeopathy believes that most health issues have an underlying, deep seated issue and treating that can help in getting rid of the symptoms:
- Alopecia (Hair loss): Some people can have generalized hair loss, while some could have patches of balding areas develop on the head. Where other remedies have failed, some people have had successful hair regrowth with homeopathic medications like silicea, kalium carbonicum, lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis, Borax, Cinchona officinalis, and various other products are used effectively to improve hair growth.
- Dandruff: There is flaking of the scalp, and people with oily skin have a higher incidence of having dandruff. Other reasons include hormonal imbalance, poor scalp/hair health, emotional stress and poor quality hair products. Kali sulphuricum is used for profusely oily, white scaly dandruff. Thuja is used in people with white scaly flaking. If there is associated hair loss, phosphorus is used. Natrum muriaticum, Sulphur, Carboneum sulphuratum, Lycopodium, Mezereum, Ammonium muriaticum, Arsenic album, Calcarea, Medorrhinum, Heracleum sphondylium and Kali carbonicum are also used based on associated symptoms.
- Graying of hair: Various reasons for graying include stress, environmental exposure, hair products, poor diet and of course genetic. Gray hair can be treated using various homeopathic preparations depending on the associated symptoms, which might point to the likely root of the problem. Phosphoric acid is used when there is associated grief. Lycopodium is used when there is only partial graying in some areas. In anaemic or weak patients, Natrum mur is used. If digestive symptoms are also present, silicea is used.
- Scalp psoriasis (know more about Psoriasis problem): If there is a burning sensation associated with the infection, Sulphur is used. In people with excessive scratching, calcarea is used. Graphites provide relief where there is significant dryness and itching. In people with associated gastric or urinary symptoms, lycopodium is effective. If the psoriasis is worsening in cold weather, sepia is an option. (learn more about Infection on Scalp)
As is evident, these hair problems and interlinked and the agents used in treatment can be used in more than one condition. Self-medication should best be avoided. The presenting symptoms have an underlying cause, and it is best that a detailed discussion with the doctor on the symptoms is done before getting these medicines prescribed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.