Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajeevYour feedback matters!
Today is my 2nd day of period so I just want to know the right time to make love with husband for conceiving could please suggest me.
My wife weight is decreasing continuously since a year, her age is 30 year, 1 year before her weight was 53 kg now her weight is 43, she is suffering from vaginal inflammation also since 4 months, she is facing indigestion problem also, every time feeling weakness, she is taking thyroxine 50 mg for thyroid.
Pregnancy is a time in woman’s life where you need to start taking really good care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. If you follow the few simple guidelines below, you will give yourself the best chance of having a problem free pregnancy and a healthy baby. Healthy and fit baby is all what mother demands so here are the tips for a healthy pregnancy.
- See your doctor as soon as possible: As soon as you find out you're pregnant, get in touch with your Gynaecologist or family doctor to start with your antenatal care.
- Eat well: Aim to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Your meals should have plenty of fruits and vegetables daily along with carbohydrates, such as roti and rice, as the basis of your meals. Choose wholegrain carbohydrates rather than white, so you get more of fiber this way. Daily servings of protein, such as pulses, nuts (vegetarian source), eggs, fish or lean meat (non-vegetarian source) should be added. Have milk and dairy foods daily.
- Take supplements advised by your doctor: Growing baby requires vitamins and mineral supplements. There are standard guidelines for prescribing supplements like Folic Acid, Iron, and Calcium. They should be taken as per doctor’s advise.
- Be careful about food hygiene: Home cooked foods are advisable in pregnancy. For working women, it is advisable that they carry small packets of longer lasting homemade snacks like Laddoos, Chakli, Khakhara etc to be eaten during the day along with fruits like apple, grapes etc. General dictum is to avoid junk & street food.
- Exercise regularly: Good exercise choices for pregnancy include, walking, swimming, antenatal classes, yoga, pilates, etc. Exercise regimen should be discussed with your doctor first.
- Begin doing pelvic floor exercises: Your pelvic floor comprises a hammock of muscles at the base of your pelvis. These muscles support your urinary bladder, vagina, and rectum. In pregnancy, there is extra pressure upon them. Pregnancy hormones can also cause your pelvic floor to slacken. Your Gynaecologist will teach you exercises to take care of pelvic floor during pregnancy and delivery.
- Stop taking alcohol: Drinking alcohol is associated with many complications in pregnancy. It should be stopped
- Cut back on caffeine: Coffee, tea, cola and energy drinks are mild stimulants. Their use should be minimized
- Stop smoking: Smoking is deemed injurious to health at any point of time in your life.
- Get adequate rest: A pregnant lady requires a good night’s sleep of 8 hours as well as some resting period during the day. Try relaxation techniques, which are safe in pregnancy, such as yoga, stretching, deep breathing, visualization, massage, listening to good music, reading. Avoid too much use of social media.
What will happen if you follow these tips?
- Healthy weight gain of both mother and baby
- Happy mother
- Uneventful pregnancy duration
- Easy labor and delivery
- Happy and satisfied family
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vaginitis is the inflammation of one’s vagina accompanied by pain during intercourse, mild vaginal bleeding, painful urination, vaginal itching or a considerable change in the amount, odor and color of the vaginal discharge.
1. A certain level of bacteria is normally found in one’s vagina (lactobacilli). Now if this count is outnumbered by the other bacteria (anaerobes), the balance in the vagina gets disrupted giving rise to bacterial vaginosis. Such kind of vaginitis usually stems from sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners.
2. Yeast infection occurs due to an overgrowth of fungal organisms in one’s vagina, especially Candida Albicans.
3. Trichomoniasis caused by the one celled microscopic parasite ‘Trichomonas Vaginalis’ generally spreads through sexual intercourse with an infected partner. The condition also makes one vulnerable to various sexually transmitted infections.
4. Spermicidal products, scented detergents, perfumed soaps, douches, vaginal sprays or foreign objects such as tampons that were not taken out or tissue paper might trigger allergic reactions or irritation in the vaginal tissues.
5. Surgical removal of the ovaries or reduced estrogen count after menopause might cause thinning of the vaginal lining, thereby resulting in vaginal burning, dryness or irritation.
1. For Bacterial vaginosis, your doctor might advise the application of clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel as well as metronidazole tablets which are to be taken orally.
2. Yeast infections might be treated with an anti-fungal suppository or cream, for instance, tioconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole. Oral medication, such as fluconazole is also administered to treat the same.
3. Metronidazole or tinidazole tablets are prescribed for Trichomoniasis.
4. Estrogen in the form of rings, tablets or vaginal creams is effective in treating low estrogen level after menopause.
5. For non-infectious vaginitis primarily caused by objects, such as tampons, sanitary napkins, laundry detergent or new soap, it is essential to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I did my pregnancy test in morning morning around 11 O'clock. Second urine. And it was negative. I don't miss any period but my period wasn't proper. This was in March. But in April I got proper bleeding. And 5 days period on expected date. Any chances of me being pregnant? Q2. Period after having sex is obviously not proper right? I had sex in Feb. March was improper and in April I had proper one. So no chance of pregnancy right? I don't have any sex in april. Just scared.
Once for termination pregnancy tablet taken if heartbeat of d baby is not stopped can I conceive d baby will der b any side effects please tell me now urgent.
It’s onset of festive season and also a heavy travelling time in India. Very often many people feel unwell while travelling. This problem is called Motion Sickness. Many of us, irrespective of age, feel sick while on road trips. This does extend to other modes of transports as well. Some common symptoms of motion sickness are fatigue, nausea, pale skin, headache, vomiting, increased salivation, sweating and dizziness. They usually occur when the motion begins and stop with the motion. Some ways to combat motion sickness with natural remedies are:
1. Ginger: Ginger is well known for its effectiveness in motion sickness. Ginger's primary active chemical component is Gingerol has been scientifically proven to be a valuable anti-motion sickness agent.
You can have ginger in tea, or as juice mixed with lemon juice, or just swallowing half a teaspoon of freshly chopped ginger with or without honey, before you travel. Ginger 500mg capsules are available in the market that also can be taken. It has antiemetic properties which reduce motion sickness and also aids digestion which in turn helps avoid nausea. Ginger is safe for even pregnant women and children.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar - It is helpful in many health conditions, motion sickness being one of them. It has alkaline and pH balancing effect on our bodies, this helping cure motion sickness. In a cup of lukewarm water, add a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Drink this about half an hour before you are due to travel and give it some time to settle. If already suffering from motion sickness, then rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in half a cup of water.
3. Peppermint - Drinking peppermint tea before travelling is an effective way to combat motion sickness. You can also keep peppermint candy with you and suck on to it slowly when you start feeling uneasy. Alternatively, drop a few drops of peppermint oil on your handkerchief and smell it whenever you don't feel good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.